Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

and22rew said:
My updated list for what I want in Career mode A live driver market so drivers switch teams at the end of the season 
That's never gonna happen, I'm afraid.The teams have way too much money invested in their brands and assets to let a game stomp all over them.

When monitoring tyre wear, it would be nice to have just a small indicator showing fuel left - and vice versa.
When monitoring fuel etc, it would be nice with a little indicator showing your (most) warn tyre - maybe just a small square with it.

Etc.. - u get the point :)

and22rew said:
My updated list for what I want in Career mode A live driver market so drivers switch teams at the end of the season 
That's never gonna happen, I'm afraid.The teams have way too much money invested in their brands and assets to let a game stomp all over them.

Agreed and CM can't do this anyway due to licensing restrictions the only person that's allowed to move teams is the player

the one thing that's really annoyed me is the fact you don't win anything in the game, as far as I can see the only thing you get the chance to open up is the different teams in the young driver test, seriously there is no sense of achievement with any F1 game by codemasters on the xbox or ps. If you win the championship what do you win? the chance to do it all over again its a bit of a joke. What about a bonus track? like a testing track, mugello springs to mind. If you win the WDC and WCC you unlock the track, break Schumachers win records and win his old Ferrari helmet or something like that. I really feel there must be a reward for taking so much time to do 5 whole seasons, especially if you are doing 100%distance long weekends. Talking about testing,why is there no testing involved in the game? its such an integral part of F1, you have a YDT (please don't force us to do it) but why not replace that with a weekend of testing, before the season starts and during the season. And do proper testing, test aero, brakes, suspension, engine mapping, fuel eco, tyre life etc etc. These things were in the game from the last company that had the F1 license and surely can be done especially if the game is on next gen consoles. Remember if you think there's too much data for 1 disc you can always use 2

:-B
I get the feeling part of the reason the testing during the season was taken out in the C|M games was because real F1 stopped doing it as ide from the pre season test and young drivers test it's only recently been brought back in mostly I think because of the tyre mess we had last year in the sport and the new regulations
There was testing last season, in mugello mid season, plus the other tyre tests. so it could have been in the game and i did say have a testing session before the season starts, the first part of the career should be a testing weekend at Bahrain/Jerez. Mis season test at mugello. The test should be realistic, not just testing 1 thing like what you do in career.
It was restricted though although yes it did happen I'm not saying that it didn't but it was very restricted and that's why I think CM haven't put it in maybe now that the restrictions have been eased in that department maybe now CM can look at including it. I only said that this may have been one of the resaons why CM haven't included it up until now YDT aside

I think that a create your team mode would be quite nice. There would be a money system and at the begining your team would be bad but by getting more money with higher season position and sponsored you would get faster. ALso the ability of signing pilot from other teams or upcoming rookies.

IF THE NEXT GAME WILL HAVE TYRE SCALING I'M NOT GOING TO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect you're in the minority there. They only brought it back for 2013 because so many people complained when they removed it from 2012.

IF THE NEXT GAME WILL HAVE TYRE SCALING I'M NOT GOING TO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect you're in the minority there. They only brought it back for 2013 because so many people complained when they removed it from 2012.
I think he means to have the option to turn fuel/tyre wear off like in F1 2010/2011 (good option for casual players who enjoy 3-5 lap races).
I generally play 50% races, sometimes 20%, to me it wouldn't make any sense not to have scaled tyre wear.

• Helmet cam
  • Manual pitstops
  • Mechanical failures
  • Realistic damage
  • Car STOPS when out of fuel
  • %-difficulty slider
  • Formation and victory laps
  • Better AI
  • Focus on PC/PS4/XBONE, make the game look gorgeous
  • More spoken race engineer lines

I was thinking about podium and more interactive stuff..Live The Life elements were pretty nice..the press conference and stuff were way better than the actual menu system..I would bring them back and add more..maybe celebration packs like in Fifa...you could buy using points..Vettel "ONE" finger, raise your flag like Senna and all that could increase your popularity,wich would give you more $ and budget couls be one of the variables to get a better team for next season!! Bring LiVE THE LIFE back!!!

My f1 2014 ideas; 1- i would like to have the option in career, co op and grand prix weekend, you should be able to get out of the car and look at telemetry in the middle of the pits, even if it is basic stuff like speed traps of all other cars and your team mates like wheel spin, turn in points and stuff like that, they had a telemetry option in v8 supercars 3 on the ps2. Which was way more advanced than that 2- Also when you get out of the car in practice or qualy in co op career and grand prix mode, there should be a watch session option, so you are not just sitting in your car watch lap times. 3- R&D objectives, they should make them a bit longer, in practice 1 and 2 in real life, the drivers are developing the cars/doing tests of new parts for most of the session so in career and co op when you have an R&D objective you should get to choose what you want made better/upgraded, like tyre wear, more front/rear grip etc, also make the number of laps longer, or you get to choose the amount of laps testing the part, the more laps= more chance of part working. 4- this is just a little thing but at spa and monza when you set your rear wing for under 3 say, it should be the narrow rear wing like in real life, makes it more realistic and other drivers can see oh he is running low wings and that. 5- pre season test, i thought at the release of the 2013 game that cause of jerez being in the game they were going to make a pre season test, if they did that it would be more realistic and when you get to round 1 you know they car, say you are in the caterham, you do the pre season test, and you notice your front grip is down, when you get to round 1 you can choose the R&D and choose to have more front grip. 6- formation lap, enough said. And the option to drive into the pits freely, like in practice, qualy and for pit stops in the race, yeah codies wont do that cause noobs will go as fast as they want in the pits but would be cool, and also driving out the pits, and the in lap after the race. 7- more mechanical failures, with the new braking system this year they should make in the game brake failures! And like engine troubles and all other mechanical stuff, if people dont want all that then codies should make the option in the menu like they have for the damage (full, visual and off) they should have mechanical, full which happens randomly, mild where it happens only if you are reving the car and driving badly, and off. 8- with the new turbo engines this year, they should make when the track is either a bit wet and very wet, that when you go over the kerbs that if you put the power down you get alot of wheel spin, i went to the melbourne gp this year and on saturday when is was wet i was at the exit of turn 12 ( the fast left right ) and the amount of times all cars went on the astro turf and got sideways just made me think wow i wish 2013 was like that, cause i tried with traction off and in the full wet, went over that kerb and i didnt get any wheel spin.. They are my wants in f1 2014, this may sound like i hate all previous f1 games which i dont! I love them all and i think f1 2013 is the best one yet, the handling is good but yeah these things are what i want.

Things I'd like that weren't in 2013.

- Improved AI speed 
- Characteristic AI similar to real-life
- For Grand Prix mode, have a custom grid option.
- So you can make mixed up grids such as Marussias on pole, Red Bulls at the back. I remember F1 2000 on the PS1 having it, surely it wouldn't be that hard it have it on current gen.
- Much more realistic setup, running 1-1 wings around Monaco should be suicidal.
- Mechanical failures
- Commentary mid-race, (retirements, pitstops, top 10 rundown every 5 laps)

Don't change

- Tyre scaling
- Classic tracks on the game, loved that
- Weather system 

Don't mind these going

- Scenario mode
- Classics if it's going to be the same depth as 2013
- Pre-season test (or make it skipable if you played F1 2013)

the one thing that's really annoyed me is the fact you don't win anything in the game, as far as I can see the only thing you get the chance to open up is the different teams in the young driver test, seriously there is no sense of achievement with any F1 game by codemasters on the xbox or ps. If you win the championship what do you win? the chance to do it all over again its a bit of a joke. What about a bonus track? like a testing track, mugello springs to mind. If you win the WDC and WCC you unlock the track, break Schumachers win records and win his old Ferrari helmet or something like that. I really feel there must be a reward for taking so much time to do 5 whole seasons, especially if you are doing 100%distance long weekends. Talking about testing,why is there no testing involved in the game? its such an integral part of F1, you have a YDT (please don't force us to do it) but why not replace that with a weekend of testing, before the season starts and during the season. And do proper testing, test aero, brakes, suspension, engine mapping, fuel eco, tyre life etc etc. These things were in the game from the last company that had the F1 license and surely can be done especially if the game is on next gen consoles. Remember if you think there's too much data for 1 disc you can always use 2

I get the feeling part of the reason the testing during the season was taken out in the C|M games was because real F1 stopped doing it as ide from the pre season test and young drivers test it's only recently been brought back in mostly I think because of the tyre mess we had last year in the sport and the new regulations
There was testing last season, in mugello mid season, plus the other tyre tests. so it could have been in the game and i did say have a testing session before the season starts, the first part of the career should be a testing weekend at Bahrain/Jerez. Mis season test at mugello. The test should be realistic, not just testing 1 thing like what you do in career.
It was restricted though although yes it did happen I'm not saying that it didn't but it was very restricted and that's why I think CM haven't put it in maybe now that the restrictions have been eased in that department maybe now CM can look at including it. I only said that this may have been one of the resaons why CM haven't included it up until now YDT aside
there was an official mid season test at muggello and other various tyre tests throughout the season im not sure what you mean by restricted, yes I know the teams cant test whenever they want, like I said the start of the career should be a full test, not a ydt as that happens through the season. Yes I know there was some unofficial tyre testing in spain by Mercedes but that's not what im on about im on about the official testing that happens before and mid season.

there was an official mid season test at muggello and other various tyre tests throughout the season im not sure what you mean by restricted, yes I know the teams cant test whenever they want, like I said the start of the career should be a full test, not a ydt as that happens through the season. Yes I know there was some unofficial tyre testing in spain by Mercedes but that's not what im on about im on about the official testing that happens before and mid season.
I knew that was what you're on about and that's what I meant aswellthe teams can't just test whenever they want to that's why I think it wasn't included in the game

so putting a test similar to a real life test before and mid season could have been done last year, I just think CM miss out every year on things they could put in and focus on things that barely get used. I'd much rather see more substance than little novelty features that entertain you for a half hour

• Improve Young Driver Test
  • Custom helmets visors and add stickers
  • Custom driver
  • Custom Number
  • Ability to use own driver in different teams in grand prix
  • Weather needs work
  • More fighty AI but ones that dont run away as much
  • 3 FP Sessions
  • Test driver option
  • Podium celebrations and parce ferme
  • trophy room
  • warm up and cool down laps
  • drive to the grid manually
  • interviews
  • be able to complain to stewarts about other drivers including AI
  • No more superhuman AI
  • More AI crashes and breakdown
  • More reliability faults
  • More use of the Saftey Car 
  • More classic cars

Heres what i posted on Steam while ago when they asked for feedback which is basically ideas for F1 2014

Fix

• Remove that cerb glitch that sends your car flying
  • Wheels dont fly off in F1 why do they in game?

Steam:

• More Badges
  • More Steam Wallpapers

Game needs:

• Cars recharge warning (when currently cars charge they slow down and there rear light flashes)
  • Better Fuel management
  • Energy Charging
  • ERS
  • FULL GRID OF 22 NOT 16 Cars???? (not real f1 at all!!)
  • 3 sets of Q (so not hold up by slow cars)
  • Podiums
  • Better Car destruction
  • Better Crashes
  • More Helmets
  • Design Helmets
  • Create Your Own teams
  • Better Graphics
  • Track Designer
  • TV Reply System (save file so people can make edits for there youtube channels)
  • Spectactors (so kind of Twitch System this would be for the race of champions, look down the list)
  • Include lower Formula leagues such as F3 into the single player game and multiplayer and take them out of Grid)
  • No contact mode (touch a wheel and you go flying)

Classic Ed:

• Refuelling!
  • OLD POINTS SYSTEM (1980's + 1990's)
  • Old Track Layouts (spa and many other)
  • Old monza track, USA tracks, Old Australian GP, Donington
  • More cars Bentton, Mclaren's, Jordon
  • Run more then 10 Classic Cars (for league racing)

Leagues:

• Design Teams & Cars
  • No contact mode (touch a wheel and you go flying)
  • Online Championships (for leagues)
  • Race of Champions (all the league Championships entered into a 1 big end event with real prizes from codemasters - all intograted into RaceNet)

Proveing Grounds:

• •Spa 1998 - 3 Wheels Shumi back to the pits. LOL

so anyway i see 1 or 2 was picked up for Autosport but it be good to have all these in the next game

- For Grand Prix mode, have a custom grid option.
- So you can make mixed up grids such as Marussias on pole, Red Bulls at the back. I remember F1 2000 on the PS1 having it, surely it wouldn't be that hard it have it on current gen.

F1CE on PS3 has that option, I mentioned that earlier, it would definitely be a nice option to have.

and22rew said:

Agreed and CM can't do this anyway due to licensing restrictions the only person that's allowed to move teams is the player

I just feel that it would add something to the career mode. After a while it does become quite stale because everything is the same season after season.

I desperately need that join while in private session option. I think many of you would agree, so many people disconnect during quali in a league race. Hopefully, you get a choice to save the race if you want to, that would be insane. 

I desperately need that join while in private session option. I think many of you would agree, so many people disconnect during quali in a league race. Hopefully, you get a choice to save the race if you want to, that would be insane. 
The amount of times our league at to restart quali due to that problum it would be good if they could sort it out as even backup invites dont always work.

F1 2014 career mode ideas.

Longer career- Like fifa you should be able to have more than 5 seasons in career mode.

More practice sessions - like f1 2011 FP1 and FP2 should be there

Live the life - again like f1 2011 the career mode should make you feel like you are the driver

Team principle mode - In this mode I think that you should be able to either bring back a team (eg HRT) or create your own team and attempt to win the drivers and constructors titles with them