Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

Gui1 said:
Fix the transition between dry to wet weather. Intermediates are useless, when rain starts the AI is still doing purple laps and they'll only stop to put extreme rain tires.
I agree it's a bit like that in 2012 too they got this virtually spot on in 2010 in that every tyre had it's role to play they've slipped up a little bit in the subsequent games I think. I hope they do rectify this in the next game but I won't hold my breath

FIX
  • Kerbs sending you off easily when using a controller. Very annoying on some tracks how you touch them and it spits your front end off at a 90 degree angle
  • Invisible walls
  • AI being superhuman (no breakdowns,, as you can tell from the current season there are lots of failures. Also, it seems like AI just don't suffer from tyre wear like I do, and they are much faster than me in the wet for some reason)
  • Certain animations glitching out, like when leaving the pits your driver hits the PL button like he isn't turning the wheel
  • When navigating the menus, sometimes it likes to glitch out and not load the menu you selected
  • Sometimes the lap times/gap times are bugged up online and in single player
  • When you go off track I don't like how it slows you down so badly, just give them a penalty unless there was an accident that they had to avoid. If the cut was so severe then DSQ them or add an in-race feature that allows players to vote to DSQ while racing
ADD/IMPROVE
  • More classic cars (Senna, Jordan, McLaren, Benetton, etc.)
  • Ability to design your own helmet w/ stickers and visors, as well as choose gloves that are team-dependent
  • AI (of course, like I stated above)
  • More classic tracks, as well as their current configurations (like Jerez and Estoril, Nordschliefe?)
  • Ability to drive out of and into the pits without any assistance from the computer
  • Pit-stops (Williams ballsed-up with Bottas, mistakes like that and some not so severe)
  • Tyre scaling seems a bit off to me, they wear out so quickly for me, maybe because I use a controller
  • Ability to spectate other drivers while in qualifying or practice (with real life camera angles and views)
  • FP1, 2, and 3. Just like in real life
  • More realistic replays (show a HUD like what they have on TV, with realistic cameras) and the ability to save and share them, as well as being able to turn off the music
  • More meaningful setups, (no more 5 and 1 wing angles on every track with extreme camber and toe settings that make people stupid fast) as well as telemetry viewing when in the pits
  • Pre and mid-season testing (Bahrain, Jerez, Mugello, like in real life)
  • When you get a contract I want to know if I accept it, will it go into effect immediately or post-season (or just stay with the team you chose throughout the entire season while getting offers for next season)
  • If we play through one career season I want the reliability to improve greatly into the second season (as well as from race to race in the first, like mid-season testing should help with that)
  • When you lose a front wing, your shadow doesn't reflect that (just improve the realism)
  • Almost all the AI follows a specific line all the time with almost 0% deficiency, this isn't realistic
  • AI likes to bugger up my hot-laps by going slowly on the racing line or jumping on it just before the corner
  • Option to do warm up, formation, cool-down, and parade laps (like they do in real life)
  • Controller throttle and brake application is very odd, soft until about halfway down or so then it jumps to full application very quickly (give us the option to change deadzones and everything on our consoles, please)

Just a more realistic experience in general would be great.

Hatta said:
Thanks for all of these ideas everyone, there's certainly some interesting stuff here.
I've taken a note of each and every suggestion alongside its popularity so we have a nice idea to what's primarily being asked for [CUT]
Hi @Hatta - show us that list? :)

Now when it seems Codemasters are going for a "we listened to our costumers" road, wasn't it a really great idea?
You could even make a vote out of it to see which suggestions are more popular so far.

Make it sticky and update it from time to time.
Please? :)

As for the career it should be much more difficult to get a seat in a Tier1 team. Would make the career mode more challenging. And maybe it would be a good idea to make the strength of the cars random in season 2. So maybe in season 2 Ferrari is the best car, in season 3 Mercedes and so on.

Tourgott said:
As for the career it should be much more difficult to get a seat in a Tier1 team. Would make the career mode more challenging. And maybe it would be a good idea to make the strength of the cars random in season 2. So maybe in season 2 Ferrari is the best car, in season 3 Mercedes and so on.
It was like that in 2012 and the earlier games but for some reason CM took that out

Tourgott said:
It was like that in 2012 and the earlier games but for some reason CM took that out
Hm I played the hell out of 2012 but never experienced this. Are you sure?

This little weird but fix CO-OP career AI drivers. I played single player career and everything was good nobody crashed to me or etc. I played CO-OP career with my friend, AI drivers stop cars around track, crashing to me at race etc. Some times AI works good but sometimes it wery anoing.

Tourgott said:
Tourgott said:
yeah they shift about depending on how successful you are in each of the teams you race for in your career they shift about in 2012 as well as in 2010 and 2011 but they took this out in the 2013 game for what I don't know but I certainly preferred it when it was in. For example in the career I'm doing right now on 2012 I started with Marrussia in year 1 in year 2 Marrussia were in and around mid table through most of the races and picking up the odd points finish

Tourgott said:
Tourgott said:
yeah they shift about depending on how successful you are in each of the teams you race for in your career they shift about in 2012 as well as in 2010 and 2011 but they took this out in the 2013 game for what I don't know but I certainly preferred it when it was in. For example in the career I'm doing right now on 2012 I started with Marrussia in year 1 in year 2 Marrussia were in and around mid table through most of the races and picking up the odd points finish
Yes, you're right. But AFAIK it was never so that e.g. Mercedes got the best car in the grid or Red Bull only the fourth strongest and so on. That would make the Career more interesting because who thought that Hamilton would be in the best car 2014 when he left McLaren 2013.

Only one thing: make a game that represent a Formula 1 race that would go on regardless of the player's presence, rather than a standard driving game that happens to have Formula 1 cars in it, as F1 2010-2013 are.

Tourgott said:
Tourgott said:
Tourgott said:
Yes, you're right. But AFAIK it was never so that e.g. Mercedes got the best car in the grid or Red Bull only the fourth strongest and so on. That would make the Career more interesting because who thought that Hamilton would be in the best car 2014 when he left McLaren 2013.
I think the other teams shift about to though as in the season I'm doing on 2012 Lotus have come on strong in the opening races and I've not driven for them  whereas lsat season it was mostly my team Mercedes and McLaren that were strong as I had some really hard battles with both Button and my then team mate Schumacher especially at Hockenheim I hada tough fight withthem and won. So I think it does happen in the other teams too

Only one thing: make a game that represent a Formula 1 race that would go on regardless of the player's presence, rather than a standard driving game that happens to have Formula 1 cars in it, as F1 2010-2013 are.
True. F1 06 was amazing on this aspect. 

Different steering locks for different tracks. In real life they have a bigger steering lock around Monaco to be able to go around the tight corners. This would be helpful

Well basically I want what ever can happen to me should.be able to happen to the a.I. As well, I.each penalties, failures () keys Dr's etc tire wear, running out of tires etc Also ur achievements e.g. Fastest laps, race wins podiums etc should be published for viewing when you come back to that track in the next year of your career. I.e. Melbourne last winner player 1, Fl: player 1 APart from. That every thing is else has been said

El f1 2014 debería tener:

-Un mejor sistema de repetición, (replay) con mucho mas control sobre el mismo. La repetición debería poder ser vista desde cualquiera de los coches que participan en la carrera.

-Se debería poder extraer cualquier hotlap que se desee para poder repetirlo y analizarlo.

-Se debería poder extraer la telemetría de cualquier hotlap de la práctica, clasificación o carrera para analizar la frenada, aceleración, cambios,etc,)

-La predicción del clima debería ser mas realista. Se debería contar también con la información de la cantidad de agua en pista al momento de salir a correr y de los porcentajes de precipitación estimados por cada 1/2 hora por lo menos.

-La destrucción del auto debe ser mas realista. EL auto se golpea de muchas maneras diferentes y por lo tanto existen muchas maneras diferentes de rotura. Salvo la trompa, el resto del auto parece ser demasiado duro y en la realidad esto no es así. Inclusive al pincharse un neumático, este debería terminar destrozándose por completo dejando la llanta al descubierto.

-Debería haber muchas mas causas de fallo del auto,

-Si el auto se estrella o se prende fuego y no se puede continuar la carrera debería ser asistido y retirado por el personal de pista.

-La selección del tipo reparto de frenos para cada curva debería realizarse con un solo movimiento, (o solo presionar un botón) y no con una combinación de varios movimientos, (o varios botones). Lo mismo para la selección del tipo de combustible durante la carrera..

-En el modo clásico nombres y autos como los de Ayrton Senna, Giles Villeneuve no deberían faltar

Can we finally get the new Yacht Club building after the tunnel in Monaco?

http://www.montecarlodailyphoto.com/2013/01/the-new-yacht-club-of-monaco.html

http://structurae.net/structures/data/index.cfm?id=s0037089

Was there last year in real life (but not in the game) and affects visibility/braking zone planning for the chicane...

chorch01 said:

-Un mejor sistema de repetición, (replay) con mucho mas control sobre el mismo. La repetición debería poder ser vista desde cualquiera de los coches que participan en la carrera.

-Se debería poder extraer cualquier hotlap que se desee para poder repetirlo y analizarlo.

-Se debería poder extraer la telemetría de cualquier hotlap de la práctica, clasificación o carrera para analizar la frenada, aceleración, cambios,etc,)

-La predicción del clima debería ser mas realista. Se debería contar también con la información de la cantidad de agua en pista al momento de salir a correr y de los porcentajes de precipitación estimados por cada 1/2 hora por lo menos.

-La destrucción del auto debe ser mas realista. EL auto se golpea de muchas maneras diferentes y por lo tanto existen muchas maneras diferentes de rotura. Salvo la trompa, el resto del auto parece ser demasiado duro y en la realidad esto no es así. Inclusive al pincharse un neumático, este debería terminar destrozándose por completo dejando la llanta al descubierto.

-Si el auto se estrella o se prende fuego y no se puede continuar la carrera debería ser asistido y retirado por el personal de pista.

-La selección del tipo reparto de frenos para cada curva debería realizarse con un solo movimiento, (o solo presionar un botón) y no con una combinación de varios movimientos, (o varios botones). Lo mismo para la selección del tipo de combustible durante la carrera..

-En el modo clásico nombres y autos como los de Ayrton Senna, Giles Villeneuve no deberían faltar

SORRY I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING REPEAT THIS IN ENGLISH.

Google Translate:

The f1 2014 should have:

A better system - repeat ( replay ) with much more control over it . Repetition should be able to be seen from any of the cars involved in the race.

He should be able to extract any hotlap you want to repeat and analyze it.

He should be able to extract any hotlap telemetry practice , qualifying or race to analyze braking, acceleration, changes , etc. )

- Climate prediction should be more realistic. It should also have information on the amount of water on the track when jogging and precipitation rates estimated for each half hour at least .

Self - destruction should be more realistic. EL car hits in many different ways and therefore there are many different ways to break . Unless the tube, the rest of the car seems too hard, in reality this is not so . Inclusive to puncture a tire, this should end completely shattering leaving the rim exposed.

- There should be many more causes of failure of auto,

- If the car crashes or catches fire and can not continue the race should be assisted by the staff and retired track .

The selection of cast - type brakes for each curve should be done with a single motion, (or just press a button ) rather than a combination of several movements (or multiple buttons ) . Same for the selection of the type of fuel during the race ..

- In classic car names such as Ayrton Senna way, Giles Villeneuve should not miss

1.Ladder Tournament
2.Free to play , Props charges
3.like Warthunder ,at least three mode:
Arcade - for most player ,easy to play ,full assist
Realistic - for advanced player,few assist,Detailed parameter setting
simulator - for Enthusiastic player ,only Cockpit camera like a real F1 driver,no HUD no assist

I want. 
* They add free practice 1 and 2. 
* Interviews and press conference. 
* Podium and podium before. 
Posts of the new engineer and not repeat 
* pre-race. 
* privio spin to start 
* Enhance graphics

chorch01 said:

With my GCSE Spanish skills, I think I can summarise it to something like this: - Better replays with more control over them and the ability to view other cars - The ability to re-watch hotlaps to be able to analyse them - Telemetry - More detailed weather forecast, and details such as amount of water on track when at that moment and chance of rain at different times (eg 30 min intervals) - Better and more varied damage - More car failures - Marshalls should help you back on the track or push you off if you have to retire? (that might be a wrong translation) - Better hotkey system for fuel, brake bias and tires - More classic race drivers like Villneuve and Senna -If I got any of that completely wrong feel free to correct it :)

Controversial Idea!:

As CM have now had the license for 5 years, why not try to make a Career based on all 5 seasons, starting with one of the smaller teams in 2010 and progressing (hopefully!) to bigger team for the 2014 season.  Personally I dont really use career mode due it being the same season repeated, it doesnt really interest me. I have only seen 1 game ever do this (EA Career Challenge) and I loved that game, its was fantastic, knowing that all the tracks/teams/drivers alter slightly each year.

A couple of other additions:  Mechanical Failures and realistic damage added would be great but I think this has more to do with FOM than CM.

Cptcrash1 said:
Controversial Idea!:

As CM have now had the license for 5 years, why not try to make a Career based on all 5 seasons, starting with one of the smaller teams in 2010 and progressing (hopefully!) to bigger team for the 2014 season.
Unfortunately, I believe their licence only allows them to use the teams, drivers and tracks from the current season, regardless of how long the licence runs for.