Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

I would like to see classic content from the 1910 up to 1970 with tracks recreated from that era.

Basically Codies need to take a leaf out of Geoff Crammond's book for F1 2014. The 4 games he made are still unrivalled to this day, with the exception of rFactor with F1 mods. I'd like to see:

1. Proper replays with camera angles that look like replays in real life.

2. The ability to ride on-board with/view competitors during replays and in real-time, from various camera angles plus the ability to go back at least a minute so you can see what happened to a competitor if they crash/spin off and if you retire from the race, the race should still go on so you can watch the rest of the AI have their race if you want to just like you could in Crammond's GPX games, and replay at any time you want.    

3. Have retired cars either get craned off or pushed to the side of the track by marshals, as in real life, not just disappearing.

4. More realistic behaviour from the AI - mistakes, spins and crashes by the AI need to be improved.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. F1 2014 will be PS4/XBOne/PC release only right? That means Codies should have no problems incorporating these features.

For 2014: -warm up lap at race start -more realistic safety car laps, in 2013 its takes like 2 laps at full speed to reach other cars and we dont even see accident or damages anywhere - see damaged cars with marshalls working when crashes -possibility to follow cars with tv mode like in grand prix 2 -engine failures, other failures -more action with opponents, they almost never crash, do mistakes or give up in 2013

Oh yes, and also:

5. Notifications at the top of the screen a la F1GP series: "<insert driver here> is out of the race" when AI retires, and, of course the ability to replay and see what happened to the retired AI car and ride on-board and see it from the spectator's point of view as well.

6. As has been mentioned, the ability to drive the warm-up lap if desired. It doesn't have to be compulsory, but should be a choice.

Basically, if Codemasters just follow the Crammond formula in addition to the great work they did with their previous titles and make it more of a sim it'll be a winner, and potentially the greatest F1 game ever made

Codemasters, you REALLY NEED TO TAKE NOTE HERE OF WHAT THE FANS WANT. These things really need to be implemented this time around if you want F1 2014 to be an actual, proper F1 game. Remember what happened the last time you guys didn't listen to what your fans wanted in a game? You ended up making the game again. Get it right this time with F1 2014.

For me I have to reiterate with EffOne's posted. GPx series was the best F1 series there's every been due to its how immersive it was. You could adapt the game to how you wanted to play, and that's not even going into how you could mod it. I do understand though that you can't give players the option to change driver names, team names etc due to licensing. 

I can't see what stopping the hot seat mode GPx used to have though, that was great to have as a feature and I don't think anyone else has every done it. If it could be done in 1995 surely it could be done now with the advance in technology and hardware power. It would be a great feature for those wanting to casually play the game with friends as an alternative to split-screen. 

Another thing that GPx had (more from the modding community admittedly) was better timing info whilst out on track. For example a run down of the full order and time gaps every few laps or so like you get on the TV. That would be good as well.

P308R said:
I would like to see classic content from the 1910 up to 1970 with tracks recreated from that era.
Much as I love the classic content I think 1910 is taking it a bit far.

dirt3joe said:
P308R said:
Agreed I think a few cars from the 70's and 80's would be plenty enough really right now if they are adding classics this year. Personally I would prefer it I think to just forget classics this year and sort out the gameplay especially on the lower difficulties because 2013 is a mess and it's only going to get worse if it's not sorted. If there is to be any new features make them career mode features as career mode needs a big freshen up as it is getting a little stale

dirt3joe said:
P308R said:
I think it would be great to add content from the very beginning of F1 / Grand Prix racing. It doesn't need to be massive but 1 or 2 cars with an original track layout. If you can drive/race in an environment from that time and then slowly go through the decades which show the evolvement of cars, courses and drivers would be superb.

Just great stuff from the early days :D

mmpaw37 said:

My requests for F1 2014 are:

1. Correct car models with accurate steering wheels.

2. Real sounds.

3. Formation lap.

4. Podium (But not essential).

5. Manual control for pit stops.

That's it really, and much as the same requests as many others.

But, on a side note, I've noticed that in every GP this year, most if not all the teams cars while on track haven't really used the 8th gear.

Take Mercedes at Monaco for instance, at the fastest part of the track through the tunnel, they didn't even use the 7th gear, let alone 8th!...There's one for you Codies!

A suggestion would be to include a pre-qualifying/race gear ratio selection in the car setup, maximum 7 gears or maximum 8 gear usage.

they have used 8th gear as I think they were used in Bahrain as I remember them going up to 8th the 8th gear though is mostly for the power circuits the tracks where the cars hit top speed on the long straights they'll probably be used in the next race Canada and Monza as well especially given the long straights on both those tracks double up as DRS zones

I'm not a big fan of the modern F1 and its rules. That's why I love the classic content. But since Codemasters was unable to bring McLaren Mercedes classic cars in the game, the MP4/13 is missing as well. Please bring it in 2014. Also Benetton and Jordan as well as the old Hockenheimring would be nice to see.

Maybe Codemasters can even bring DLC, where you can download a whole season of the past with all the rules that you can play a whole championship of the past.

In addition to that, you could bring some challenges where you have to overtake as Hamilton in the thrilling final laps of the 2008 WC to win the championship or where you have to overtake Schumacher and Zonta at once as Häkkinen in Spa 2000...

mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:

2. Real sounds.

3. Formation lap.

But, on a side note, I've noticed that in every GP this year, most if not all the teams cars while on track haven't really used the 8th gear.

Take Mercedes at Monaco for instance, at the fastest part of the track through the tunnel, they didn't even use the 7th gear, let alone 8th!...There's one for you Codies!

A suggestion would be to include a pre-qualifying/race gear ratio selection in the car setup, maximum 7 gears or maximum 8 gear usage.

they have used 8th gear as I think they were used in Bahrain as I remember them going up to 8th the 8th gear though is mostly for the power circuits the tracks where the cars hit top speed on the long straights they'll probably be used in the next race Canada and Monza as well especially given the long straights on both those tracks double up as DRS zones

Yes I can remember now. However, I was just giving Codemasters a 'heads up' as it were. Although, come to think of it, i'm sure they are on the case. Obviously, the torque from the engines this year is clearly visible.

One other thing I would like to mention is the possibility of using 'lift and coast' to save fuel. Whether this can be implemented successfully into the game is another thing, although i'm sure we can expect some fuel saving, I hope a little better from last year.

I'm pretty sure they keep an eye on F1 and the changes that have occurred it's just a case of incorporating it into the game ideally without making a mess of it this time

mmpaw37 said:

2. Real sounds.

3. Formation lap.

Cars must use just one setting for gear box for the whole season, so we will see 8th gear only on really fast tracks like Monza.

mpopa said:
mmpaw37 said:

2. Real sounds.

3. Formation lap.

Cars must use just one setting for gear box for the whole season, so we will see 8th gear only on really fast tracks like Monza.
yeah forgot about mentioning that rule :D

P308R said:
i dont think that codemasters can use cars from 1910 because f1 was First defined in 1946 and the First ever drivers championship was held in 1950 

@maza19‌ thanks for the info! Didn't know that. Means that before that time it was a mix of endurance and Grand Prix racing. Still would love to see that very old content :)

I don't know if anyone has posted this before so sorry if they have. If there are issues with classics (mostly taking up data ones), why not make a seperate classics game as a one off. With the amount a player can do for a year release for a season I think classics can get derided by many. I just think there's potential for that part of the series to work as a seperate game itself with the scope for more seasons, more cars (more time to get licenses sorted ;) ) and as its a classic game it wouldn't need to come out every single year. Just a thought, can understand the difficulties behind it, but I would probably buy it. 

Edit - I'd rather buy this as a one off game than race stars. Just my opinion

I don't know how many people would like this but I would like to continue a career from previous game, I don't like having to restart my career with every new game, also I would like to see the safety crew go out on track and retrieve a stranded car like pushing it off or having to use the crane to remove it and if the wall is low enough you can still see the car outside of the track, maybe random mechanical failures that put you out of the race, and maybe a normal mode for casual players and a simulation mode for hardcore players where people could use their own names and have a 22 player online career/league

I thought that when I continued into 2011 from 2010. At the end of 2010, I was world champion on legend difficulty. All of a sudden 2011 came out and I was a noob all over again! There should have been an option to continue career or start over.

Some good ideas I've read on here, so i'm going to suggest a few, i'm not going to list any glitch fixes, car control improvements etc, CM do a good enough job of sorting this out in my opinion. I'm only going to list additional features that I think will take this game to the next level on the next gen console. 

1. Career Mode 

> Interviews before and after a race
> Podium celebrations (after 4 games I still can't believe this hasn't been added yet)
> Short highlight footage from race yourself and CPU (Overtakes, Spins, Crashes, Pole Lap) 
> Choose your team mate when you start i.e Hulkenberg or Perez 

2. Multiplayer 

> Lap Elimination Mode 
> Ghost Mode (or option to have ghost mode for 1st lap to avoid 1st corner crashes) 
> 1 shot qualifying prior to sprint race 
> Co-Op Career (1-4) and you don't have to be team mates
> League Mode

3. Other Game Modes
> CPU Spectator Mode (When I got bored of waiting for friends or playing etc, it was good to just watch) 
> Constructor Creation (Driver/Manager Mode - incl Co-op Campaign) I will be really disappointed if a game mode similar to this doesn't feature in the 2014 or 2015 game as potentially 2 new constructors maybe joining next year, this has to be the next new addition. 
- Team Name 
- Car Default Template (Mercedes, Ferrari, Sauber, Lotus, Caterham, Force India) 
- Choose Engine Supplier
Car Default Speed (Back Marker, Midfield, Front Runner or Choose Constructor - your choice defines what sponsorship you start with)
- Design Car Colour Scheme
- Choose Sponsorship (CM have sponsorship licence for this years teams already, so I can't see why they couldn't be used, also not to forget the amount of sponsorship they had on GRID)
- Team Mate (Name, Age, Nationality, Skill) 

Aim: to gain reputation and money by meeting sponsorship requirements each race or over one season. The more reputation you earn the more sponsors you unlock for your car, the more money you earn, the more mechanical upgrades you can buy for your car (5% more downforce or 5% more tyre life etc)

Other/Extra

> More Car Malfunctions (Radio, HUD Display) 
> Use percentage of 10 for Race Length and Difficulty with 100% being the hardest. 
> Button Sequence Pit stops (Mistakes cause errors - Harder the difficulty the harder the button sequence) 
> Quick Pit stops in Qualifying 
> View from inside helmet option 
> ERS Mapping (In car setup, use thumb stick as cursor around track and select where you can activate ERS Power) 
> Engineer Option on D-Pad (Tyre Condition, Fuel Management, Weather Forecast, Pace - what sectors your losing time in)

Hey! I've created a video to show the the problem with this years F1 game and how it can be improved. If you like it I will do more either tweet me on Twitter, comment on the video and lastly by replying to to this thread. Would love feedback thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngcww2nye9A

I'm not going to list anything about glitch fixes, new rule changes, car control etc, because CM are obviously going to be dealing with that anyway, and they do a pretty decent job of it. I'd just be happy to see; Career Mode > Podiums animations (trophy cabinet) > % of 10 up to 100 for (difficulty, race length etc) > Pre Race / Post Race Interviews > Other Team News > New idea for R&D Extra Modes > CPU Spectator Mode > Create Constructor (driver/manager mode co-op included) 1. Choose car default template (Mercedes, Ferrari, Lotus, Sauber, Toro Rosso, Caterham) 2. Choose car default performance (Back marker, midfield, front runner or select constructor) 3. Car Colour customisation (GRID style) 4. Sponsorships (Earn money for completing Sponsorship objectives - GRID style, also depending on which default performance you chose the more popular/unpopular the sponsors, you can pick from) 5. Basic team mate details (or co-op partner) 6. Use money to buy performance upgrades. (5% more downforce) Multiplayer > Lap Elimination Mode > Co-op career 1-4 (without having to be team mates) > Ghost mode (entire race or 1 lap to avoid first corner collisions) > 1 shot qualifying before sprint race In game additions > Button Sequence Pitstops (errors cause mistakes - harder difficulty = harder sequence) > ERS mapping in setup (use thumbstick as cursor to go around track map and highlight where the ERS system activates) > Engineer Option (D-Pad) 1. Weather/track condition 2. Tyres 3. Fuel Saving 4. Pace > Quick Pit stop in Qualifying without having to be wheeled back in. Extra Additions - that probably won't even be considered > Mechanical Malfunctions (HUD, Radio,gearbox) > More Online Host Options (5 lap sprint etc, weather) > Penalty points > Online League Mode > Highlights after race (overtakes, crashes, spins)

I'm not going to list anything about glitch fixes, new rule changes, car control etc, because CM are obviously going to be dealing with that anyway, and they do a pretty decent job of it. I'd just be happy to see; Career Mode > Podiums animations (trophy cabinet) > % of 10 up to 100 for (difficulty, race length etc) > Pre Race / Post Race Interviews > Other Team News > New idea for R&D Extra Modes > CPU Spectator Mode > Create Constructor (driver/manager mode co-op included) 1. Choose car default template (Mercedes, Ferrari, Lotus, Sauber, Toro Rosso, Caterham) 2. Choose car default performance (Back marker, midfield, front runner or select constructor) 3. Car Colour customisation (GRID style) 4. Sponsorships (Earn money for completing Sponsorship objectives - GRID style, also depending on which default performance you chose the more popular/unpopular the sponsors, you can pick from) 5. Basic team mate details (or co-op partner) 6. Use money to buy performance upgrades. (5% more downforce) Multiplayer > Lap Elimination Mode > Co-op career 1-4 (without having to be team mates) > Ghost mode (entire race or 1 lap to avoid first corner collisions) > 1 shot qualifying before sprint race In game additions > Button Sequence Pitstops (errors cause mistakes - harder difficulty = harder sequence) > ERS mapping in setup (use thumbstick as cursor to go around track map and highlight where the ERS system activates) > Engineer Option (D-Pad) 1. Weather/track condition 2. Tyres 3. Fuel Saving 4. Pace > Quick Pit stop in Qualifying without having to be wheeled back in. Extra Additions - that probably won't even be considered > Mechanical Malfunctions (HUD, Radio,gearbox) > More Online Host Options (5 lap sprint etc, weather) > Penalty points > Online League Mode > Highlights after race (overtakes, crashes, spins)