Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

Hope for a brand new game engine, where the improved physics will be on the top of the "to do" list. 
Also a reworked penality (i agree completely with you Anton) system and a more involving SP career should be welcomed.
Ah, and the damage. I've heard that Grid Autosport will feature a new suspension damage system. Hope that we'll see that in F1 2014, would be a massive improvement on the realism side. 

Ah guys. Just a question. I've been away from the past generation of Codemasters forums where some of the devs said "We'll do F1 2014".
But i don't think that we've heard anything about possible info's, trailers or even a release date till now. Why this silence? Is the project actually alive? 
Maybe they're covering something big, hope for that :)

Hope for a brand new game engine, where the improved physics will be on the top of the "to do" list. 
Also a reworked penality (i agree completely with you Anton) system and a more involving SP career should be welcomed.
Ah, and the damage. I've heard that Grid Autosport will feature a new suspension damage system. Hope that we'll see that in F1 2014, would be a massive improvement on the realism side. 

Ah guys. Just a question. I've been away from the past generation of Codemasters forums where some of the devs said "We'll do F1 2014".
But i don't think that we've heard anything about possible info's, trailers or even a release date till now. Why this silence? Is the project actually alive? 
Maybe they're covering something big, hope for that :)

they've confirmed they are doing one but that is all for the moment but my feeling is they want to give Autosport it's moment in the spotlight first before releasing any details on the F1 release besides I doubt they'll be ready to release anything until autosport is out anyway and CM don't usually erlesae details on a game until at the earliest 2 months before release anyway which indicates at least July given it's usually erlesaed at the same time as the Fifa's and PES games the September/October window

As a young driver you could come with a sponsorship which brings money, like Maldonado. With the money it could affect which seat you get.

I agree with most of the other posts here but one idea i had for multi-player would be to some how incorporate the ai into the online lobbies to make lobbies where there's only about 8 players have a full grid of cars   

Haas Formula 1 team. I know, I know they're not slated to be in there until 2015, but unless you're driving a Mercedes you are 3rd or worse.

Haas Formula 1 team. I know, I know they're not slated to be in there until 2015, but unless you're driving a Mercedes you are 3rd or worse.
not necessarily in CM's games :p

I think 2013 was great but I have a few things I would like to see in the next version. 
  • Having at least an option to have different damage levels instead of just front wing damage would be great. someone going 300kmph into a tire wall should render his car totaled and possibly injure your driver. 
  • Leveling up your character can actually increase is driving abilities ie reaction time off the line, stamina for full races, the ability to control your car better during wet weather or just add toughness so if you do get in an accident your chances of being injured are dramatically reduced.
  • Smarter AI while racing. I found that if I was lucky enough to come up to a last place car and lap him he would stay directly in the racing line and break making me lose time to others in the race. Somehow have a way for them to find lanes to slow down in where they would have a minimal chance of causing an incident.

Unless you are racing at Canada.  ;)

Will be interesting to see if CM make Merc so much faster than everyone else because they haven't done so with Red Bull in the past.

Eu Quero:
  • Penalidades Melhor
  • Danos MAIS Realista
  • Menos Desgaste dos pneus (2013 E arruinada POR Desgaste dos pneus parágrafo MIM)
  • Menu O paddock parágrafo voltar
  • Todas como sessions de Prática 3
  • Entrevistas retornar Pará
  • Comentário opcional
  • Gráficos FOM
  • Verdadeiras Telas de cronometragem realistas
  • Radar meteorológico & TV Alimentação na garagem
  • Trazer de Volta Entrevistas 
  • Confiabilidade do Carro Importante desen Ser Mais.  TALVEZ Fazer Prática de corrida melhorar reliabity e Mais Que fazer apenas KERS e DRS.  Motor, Caixa de Velocidades, Eletrônica, Suspensão devem servi Todos Mais Frágil.
  •  Construção de Novas Equipes e contratação pilotos
  • ter sistema operacional modelos Clássicos de Volta com o Ayrton Senna
  • e Ter hum narrador Galvão Bueno Como o Narrando Todas como corridas com comentaristas 
  • e a Volta de Apresentação e de AQUECIMENTO de Pneus  
  • E O Piloto de Volta ao Caminhão da Equipe e com Entrevista do Piloto
  • e colocar a foto do piloto que a gente criar 

I would love to be able build and develop my own team. The licensing is there to use the brands already To be able to design your own car starting at the bottom To prove yourself and unlock better parts better designed wings/engines the lot To build a team from the very bottom and battle you way to the top or even bankrupt the team I think this would add to the excitement would increase game playing hours for everyone. Earn money through a season and actually be able to spend it on something. And with this the option online play to use your own tea or of course turn off customer teams Should also be able to develop a team with a friend ( coop championship ) If all this could be made possible I know me and all of my friends would be fighting at the doors of local game shop for our copy and would spend every given min playing
I really like this idea! if done somewhat like the FIFA franchise with it being optional with three options at the start of your career like: 
>Driver 
>Manager
>Driver/Manager 
I think if this was this case it would add hours of more play time, immersion and make the game more replayable. 

Hi guys, i have some ideias

• Challange mode
    here the player will prove your skills, he decide with what driver he will be, in a epic battle or epic Flying Lap, like Barrichello and Michael in hungary in 2010, michael and Alonso in istanbul park, or a thounsand others epics battle...
    i guess this will be great, and the young players will be learn more about f1 history.

• Point sistems (online mode)
    The game needs a points system to separate the more experienced beginners in online games, as it will winning races and doing some made as running without causing collision and other things that encourage fair play, best Users ranked it is, and will have access to larger championships

I know this is very laborious, and to create a system of rank would have to make several changes, but they may be gradual, Codemasters F1-became a great game, one foot inside the simulation, the other inside the arcade to arcade he is gorgeous, wonderful, but for simulation, it would be great to give more extension to the game, as the basic categories.

I know you guys know what I'm talking about, I'll stay here, my English is very rusty, before I start talking like caveman, Hugs from Brazil.

Some f1 2014 game suggestions Press conference like in f1 2011 but make it after race, on the spot during practice or qualifying or on the race grid before the race start. Talk back to engineer. What you say changes the way the world and teams think of you. Free roam in rooms, truck or paddock during practice or qualifying or before race. Choose r&d path not set automatically. Warm up lap. Being able to drive and manage for your own team. Manual pitstops. More engineer talk. When you get a podium be able to free roam to your team or press or up to podium once out of car and hoe you celebrate (confident/humble) effect what the teams think of you and see podium presentation. Able to drive to parc ferme after race ends and get out of your car and free roam even if you came last just free roam back to garage or press. Being able to mange finances and contracts. Being able to protest against penaltys. MUCH BETTER damage effects. Visual and performance. More safety car. Being able to see car taken of track when crashed and get out of car yourself if you crash. BETTER GRAPHICS. Friday practice 1 and 2 added. More r&d. This is my wish list for f1 2014. PLEASE READ THIS AND THE OTHERS CODEMASTERS NOT IGNORE. Thank you plus I love your games.

I would like to see in f1 2014:

• Full race weekend (3 practice sessions)
  • Mixed grid of AI so Mercedes aren't always in front and other cars can go to top
  • Marussia, Caterham and Sauber are at same pace all weekend but not too slow behind he rest of field
  • Improved weather system (live weather from track location)
  • Penalties awarded more fairly, too easy to get in F1 games so far
  • Paddock Menu
  • Warm-Up laps and Podiums
  • Improved damage simulation
  • Improved tyre degradation and flat spotting when lock up
  • AI make more mistakes and have slower laps occasionally
  • Make AI have more realistic pace through practice and race so not too quick for the session (2-3 seconds slower in P1 than Qualy)
  • Bring back media interviews and team views to see who is more likely to offer contracts
  • Have the option to alter how much energy charge is collected and how much fuel saving there is
  • Introduce TV mode with FOM graphics and commentary with custom grids (like studio Liverpool's f1 games)
  • Introduce a Race Engineer Mode where you can see timings and talk to driver while watching race unfold
  • Make strategy more involved and let it be changed during races
  • Bring in DLC Classic content from 2000-2009 with tracks like Magny-Cours, Istanbul and Indianapolis
  • in grand-prix mode, have a team-mate challenge but no objectives
  • in career, have the option to remove objectives to make racing more realistic as the player has less pressure to finish above 2nd when starting 5th etc. (have option to customise objectives, get more reputation for harder objectives)
  • Have the possibility of red flags for massive crashes and keep damage on circuit for longer (at the moment it stays for half a minute then goes)
  • Have customisable grid positions for grand prix mode
  • Make cars change speeds over time in career due to upgrades
  • Introduce pre-season testing in jerez and Bahrain with a longer time limit (3h-5h) before each season starts
  • Have the option to skip the young drivers test tutorial section but allow them to only be able to start as Caterham, Marussia or Sauber
  • Increase Race Engineer Intelligence
  • Introduce GP2 and GP3 series so in career you can start from bottom and work the way up to top and take part in pre-season when built up a reputation in these series
  • Have custom characters and helmet designs
  • Customisable R&D schedule to choose what upgades you want and when
  • Make power unit parts and gearboxes fail occasionally so grid penalties can be awarded for you and AI for changing too many
  • Have an unlimited length career
  • Failures during sessions that aren't fatal so have to nurse car a bit
  • no auto decrease in speed when run wide on tarmac run-offs.
  • tv mode during practice/qualy sessions when in garage
  • multiple cameras for tv mode/replays using actual track cameras and heli-cam
  • visual tyre deg and graining
  • no auto slow during safety car periods (driver has more control)
  • have the option to not skip time in garage when damage (just limit when cars can go onto track until time has passed)
  • have realistic tyre deg specific to tracks to make certain races have more/ less stops

Hi guys, i have some ideias

• Challange mode
    here the player will prove your skills, he decide with what driver he will be, in a epic battle or epic Flying Lap, like Barrichello and Michael in hungary in 2010, michael and Alonso in istanbul park, or a thounsand others epics battle...
    i guess this will be great, and the young players will be learn more about f1 history.

• Point sistems (online mode)
    The game needs a points system to separate the more experienced beginners in online games, as it will winning races and doing some made as running without causing collision and other things that encourage fair play, best Users ranked it is, and will have access to larger championships

I know this is very laborious, and to create a system of rank would have to make several changes, but they may be gradual, Codemasters F1-became a great game, one foot inside the simulation, the other inside the arcade to arcade he is gorgeous, wonderful, but for simulation, it would be great to give more extension to the game, as the basic categories.

I know you guys know what I'm talking about, I'll stay here, my English is very rusty, before I start talking like caveman, Hugs from Brazil.

I see what you mean with the challenge mode and its not a bad idea but id rather them nail the basic career mode and online as thats what most players spend the majority of their time on, that could possibly be a good after thought or dlc though 

Overall loving the game and it's evolution each year - bravo Codemasters.  I have enjoyed the addition of the classic cars immensely but one thing that bugs me is the sound sampling for the 92 Ferrari V12,  it's really a fair way off for sound I believe.
 For comparision...

in game: http://youtu.be/wfpmUAhadE8

Real Life:  http://youtu.be/TttSffSAZts

There is something very special about a screaming V12 - it gives you chills, almost tears. If the sounds were spot-on I think it would be a huge selling point for the game. .. consider advertising potential of the V12 particularly now that F1 2014 engines have tamer sounds which has been a hot topic for the fans / tifosi this year.. I can imagine a teaser commercial right now.

some more v12s ... enjoy!
Senna .. McLaren MP4-7A Honda 1992: http://youtu.be/Xv8zzLVRF9g
Alesi .. Ferrari 412T2 1995:  http://youtu.be/VY2ZudHWIUw

Thankyou for the great work in bringing this much loved sport to us. 

• Helmets - allow the player to select more realistic 'sponsor' style helmets (like some of vettels one offs, two tone gold red bull helmet, etc). While some helmets are cool (like codemasters own) some are just 1970's reminiscient styling..
  • Bring back the Mobile Home trailer for pre race weekend selection
  • short races (less than 25% distance) sometimes i do not have the time to dedicate 30 minutes plus to a race.
  • more choice over R&D path, choosing levels of aggressiveness and what parts to develop (braking, aero, etc)
  • realistic damage, performace effecting/visually
  • corner cutting penalty, i have literally touched the corner on some laps and been penalised, where other times i have driven over the kerb entirely and not been penalised... for corner cutting there should be a time penalty (5 seconds or so) in qualifying, not lap time invalidated.
  • more realistic AI for turn one incidents, i have been hit from behind and received a penalty..
  • the main screen in 2012 under dimmed lights was way cooler than the super lit wind tunnel room in 2013, return to something similar..
  • AWESOME games series.. i will continue to buy these aslong as you keep making them
  • lastly for the DIRT series, gymkhana is cool, but please return to DIRT (the original) style racing, pikes peak (both dirt and tared) the racing trucks (semi) on DIRT one was cool on pikes peak, maybe sebastien loebs peugeot that broke the record this year and way way more rally style driving. the buggies, trucks and rally cross are uber annoying.Many Thanks CodeMasters

F1 2014 Wishes
-First, second and third training....in F1 2013 there only was the third one
- Stronger KI, that trys to overtake at the inner side and that has the almost the same tyre wear like the player. Sometimes the KI in 2013 drives 4 laps more than you and altough they drive more laps they drive fastest laps.
- the menu in the paddock was exciting 
- a more realistic damage engine
- award ceremony
- better drivingphysics if its possible ( e.g. even with traction control is OFF you have got more traction then the real ones have.)
- Bigger differecne between rain and sun (e.g. i drive a 1:18 in Brazil at Strong rain while the real drivers drove 12 seconds slower in the rain) 
- no automatic brakeing system besides the track if you make a mistake

-Pre-race formation lap and post race cool down lap for races 20% and greater.

-Online practice sessions with friends to test setups, practice, learn the track, etc.

-I'm all for classic content, but please go all out or nothing at all. For example, give us a full 90's car field instead of just a 12 car field per race.

-Online safety rating. I enjoy racing online, but it's really frustrating when, for no reason, someone intentionally wrecks you especially when it's a car that's a lap down. I feel that a safety rating would make online racing more enjoyable for everyone by encouraging everyone to race cleanly and to hold his own racing line. Maybe safety ratings could come into play for in game unlockables or ranking up as an incentive to race clean.

-Assists shouldn't make you go faster than someone who isn't using assists at all. Traction control is banned in F1 and I understand that some people may need traction control so it shouldn't be banned from the game, but don't allow someone using any assists to have the unfair advantage over one who is doing it right and isn't using assists at all.

-More realistic damage. If we collide with an off-track sign, not only should the sign explode, but damage should occur to our front wing and whenever we collide with another car there needs to be damage instead of just bouncing off without any consequences.

- I hope you (Codemasters) can program the new ERS system with all rules and properties
  (e.g. You can use 2 kilojoule but can save 4 kilojoule, the overtake button etc.) and maybe the fuel restrictions ( only 100kg per race)

KuB said:
- I hope you (Codemasters) can program the new ERS system with all rules and properties
  (e.g. You can use 2 kilojoule but can save 4 kilojoule, the overtake button etc.) and maybe the fuel restrictions ( only 100kg per race)

Pertty suer it'll all be programmed in don't worry about that. CMknow what they're doing the key thing for me is will it work or will it be as big a mess as it'ds predecessor

I have enjoyed racing the classics in the complete edition.

The lack of timing information is a bit frustrating though. For example :

There is a lot of performance span in the car catagory. It would be good to have lap record per car and not just per class.

When you do say a 10 lap time trial, it is difficult to review later and watch which is you fastest lap of the trial. There should be at a minimum a choice between view all laps and view fastest lap time only.

And of course it would be great to be able to easily recall all the fastest lap times per track/car and also sector times as well.