Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

Please, change the online session available to join and run when is in Practice Session, like the great game F1 Challenge ’99-’02. This way we don't waste time waiting for race session, and dont  making  the session be empty before the end of prattice. This is a simple and great improvement that can be made (not impossible to do) for online mode.   It is very annoying to wait to finish the  prattice sessions to get be ready to play.

Podium with the trophies and the national anthems. More classic teams and drivers, including McLaren, Benetton, Ayrton Senna, Nelson Piquet and Niki Lauda.

I'd also like to have the opportunity to watch practice and qualifying sessions as we're sitting in the garage like we could do in F1: CE. It was nice to watch which racing lines and laps others posted.

My thoughts:
  • Telemetry (as in throttle, brake, gear and steering inputs) and upload that with leader boards to see where you are loosing time to faster guys.
  • League race support, review the races, watch them online, or have a collisions, crashes, near passes and passes highlights for career and online leagues.
  • More interesting career! (driver trades, development over multiple seasons, allow the driver to test new parts and decided their benefit/issues and if the driver want them)
  • More technical setup option; Forza 4 like (basic setup should be available).
  • Select which aero package used (also show visual differences in wings) so I can try a Monza rear wing in Monaco if I want and see the impact then adjust small amounts, give us advised setups though.
  • Be able to opt out of the F1 2014 season problems (fuels saving, engine unreliability, slow down the Mercedes so they are fast but competitive) and also opt in to these issues!
  • 3 Practice, Testing and make an in season simulator testing option, like time trial with (tyre wear (on/off) and other options like that for a little more practice within the Career.) In these sessions give a tire wear and fuel saving engineer advice, "lift through turn X to save your front right tire/ fuel" or something similar, my only problem with the previous tire wear was I had no idea how to reduce tire wear without rolling around the circuit at 100km/h. Make over used tyres puncture!
  • Get xbox, PS4 (or their wheel suppliers) to give a affordable F1 style wheel! ($50-$150) *I don't care about branding I just want something!!! There are almost no options on the xbox.
Give early releases to popular youtubers (awesome advertising/teasers).
Love the game, there's always room for improvement though.

Warm up lap, 

maybe a victory lap (to pick up rubbers), 

manual pit-stop, 

more flexibity for set-ups, 

more issues (engineproblems, 

problem with tyers (get warned to switch the power down to save the engine), 

Manual pit limiter button, 

getting a penalty for cutting the line on pit entry!

Just a more emmersive championship mode,feeling like your fighting for points with other drivers and getting more feedback info from race engineer telling you who you need to get past and who needs to pass you and full failures!

Oh and give us back full testing with track evolution(rubber laying down)effected by weather and running

Everything ausdavid said are brilliant ideas! Please try to doo them all. Also I would like 1. More accidents with IA pilots and i want them to be more agressive. 2. More helmets. Lots of helmets designs, of fifferent countrys and different teams with sponsors. 3. I would also like to meet the fans, and interviews. 4.Also see the drivers without helmet in the podium. 5. I would like more engine failures and tyre punctures. 6. Installation lap. 7. And also when a car crashes and retires, it just dissapears, i would like a tow truck to remove the car. 8. I would also like mistakes in pit stops. 9. Bettet radio comunication. 10. Realistic damage. Cars more sensibe and easier to break. For example:rear wing, front axle, front wing etc... 11. Tire blankets. 12. Better pit stop details. Like the drivers pulling the plastic thing off their viors. 13. Inside helmet cam. I hope u can do all this possible. I'll keep thinking of more ideas

I forgot.... 1. In helmet cam, more helmet movement, with the g force. 2. Break or power problems or more mechanical problems 3. Victory lap 4. Maybe crashes in pit stops(not a lot) 5. When an IA car crashes, tow truck removing it and it would be cool to see the driver getting out while u pass behind the safety car. 6. Maybe thermal camera in replays

Also , drivers using the special helmet fpr monaco or other races that they use a different helmet, like the saubers in monaco with the britto helmet, or vettel, or perez

I also forgot this: pls let us drive manual behind the Saftey Car. In F1 2013 you can throttle all time because it brakes automatically.

Everyone asking for so much and basically asking for Codies to spend time on netcode and basic engine improvements as well as basically add a hardcore mode, maybe without understanding what has to happen when making a game to add 'features' and new aspects. F1 2013 is awesome and I accept it for who it is. All I would love to see is fantasy tracks like the Satander London Grand Prix or the Grand Prix of America in Port Imperial New Jersey or even Indianapolis or a street circuit of Manhattan or Tokyo. It's a video game, it's cool if there's 'what if' things in it and that would be badass.

We shouldn't complete Young drivers test to access career mode!!
well really you don't have too only if you want more options as your base teams

Please, I come from Chile. In 89' years we was a chilean pilot, he were Eliseo Salazar, he run F1.

Please, Could you agree the chilean flag?

Thanks.

Hi!

I love F1 2013 congratulations for the great work!

Features I would like:
- Being able to see the results of the previous races (a table like the one from F1GP); this should be enabled for career and co-op;
- Being able to save replays, specially for online races including co-op;
- I find co-op fantastic, easy to use and handy. It would be fantastic to have Co-op like championship with more than 2 players; something that would allow to continue a championship just clicking "invite" and have the folks back into the same championship session.

- Some telemetry analysis would be fantastic (see GP4); if you don't want to do this, please allow to export the data and keep the format open.

Thank you a lot for the attention!!! Please feel free to contact me if I can help or if you would like my resume :-)

Best regards!
Mello

I know it is not in their f1 license but it would be so good if GP2 and GP3 was in F1 2014, even if they drop classic cars and use that money on the GP2 and GP3 series, that would make career better and online better, as reading most of these forums not many people were playing classic cars, so maybe CM should try a different approach

I would really like the idea of creating your own team and building your own car in career mode but make this optional and you also can pick a real life team.Also bring back the interviews and make the engineer more intelligent but otherwise your doing great guys.