Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

I'd like to start by thanking codies for 4 years of great F1 games, even if people here disagree, I find they are enjoyable and for the most part relaxing and engaging. There are some really good ideas, on improvements and I know my list is going to seem like a rehash of peoples but here's how what I'd like from F1 2014: 1) custom numbers and helmet designs for players is now a must with the reg changes to driver numbers, this will need to be reflected in the game. I'd also say that the number already selected by the current 22 F1 drivers should be locked, to add to the realism. 2) Fix the chief engineer, I don't need to know my breaks are looking good as I'm trying to sort out brake bias and slow the car for corners. Make him more intelligent and interactive with what I'm doing, basically make him human. 3) personally love the idea of a more realistically lengthened weekend in career. This would include p1, p2, p3, Quaile and race sessions with media interaction and team briefing that let you set out the goals of the weekend in a better way than an email, but make it a "hardcore" mode so that fans who just want to do the quick races can still enjoy the career. 4) improve the damage model 5) make the drivers less clinical, yeah it's great seeing 21 ai driver racer round like they are the red arrows, getting so close yet no accidents but this just isn't realistic all the time, yeah there are a select few who are able to but not the whole grid. 6) fix penalties....we all know they are broken Also there's a lot of talk about the young driver test and I agree if you've done it 3 year on the run it's abit repeat ice so maybe change it up and give experience player the winter testing instead. As for drivers moving teams, you could fix that in one easy move, you own the rights to f1 games from 2009 to the current date, then you have the driver moves and changes that people have been begging for.

I agree with a lot of the major ideas but there are a few very small but important details you need to change.
TINY IMPORTANT DETAILS
  • Add FP1 and FP2 - i want to change my engine first and then have time to practice
  • Add mechanical DNFs (Ai + Player) - broken something due to the driving style. ex. hot breaks for too long and rev limiter overuse to mechanically slow the car further.
  • Request things from the engineer. have an option to "talk" to him not only listen. you could choose questions for him before the race and then with button shortcuts ask him that at specific points during the race.
  • Have AI mimic what happens at quail in real life. the Ai are way to "synchronized" in their actions especially during quail and pit stops. the entire field stops within 2 laps pretty much.

I think the game should have realistic tyre wear so other drivers get it as well and more realistic qualifying so marussia don't make Q3. custom helmets and use a mic to ask about tyre wear and where people are change boost setting and say what tyres you want and ask for sector times in races and on winning a race have a proper ceremony like champagne etc like on the old F1 games.and maybe number change and teams swap drivers eg I sign for  red bull Riccardo goes to another team and choice to retire maybe ??? Keep classic mode aswel but add more tracks and drivers eg senna brundel lauda and the McLaren cars

Only thing I would like to see is a parade lap prior to the start as in the old F1 games on the PS2. Loved the "warm your tyres" thing it was a fantastic touch, please can we have that in the new game!! Thinking of it, can we have the pitlane back with manual control of limiter. Missed that in 2013 with penalties for pit lane speeding.

I know this might not b possible, but custom tracks? Considering how much “room" there is in next gen, could it be considered to have ascari, rascas and orouge all in the same personal circuit?

I would like to see a decent multiplayer set up so your friends can set up a league that remembers your points so you can do a championship over time online.

Also would like there to be lots of settings in multi so you can set practice etc even the times of the practice.

Also make it so your engineer gives you advice about the weather and if your pushing the car to breaking point.

Make it so you need to look after your car.

Just basically make it a close to the best multiplayer game you can by giving us plenty of choice

1 - I think the release date of the game (usually in October) draws much interest from other possible consumers of the game, getting just restricted passionate about F1 since the world championship is already pretty much decided. Thus even the game being new're playing a season already completed. I believe that the release date would be in April with data (cars / racers / track) season 2015. Another possibility would be the game going to be 2014/2015 and have that atualizaçãos and drivers / cars / tracks in April or May. I believe that this way of seeing the game would be very interesting please think about it 2014/2015, 2015/2016 ... 

2 - Keep the classic mode and enable online racing with them; 

3 - Creating her own team and maintenance.

I'm sure codemasters are working on ways to make this game a simulation as much as possible. But my main wish is that they bring back full championships in two player split screen. Me and my brother love competing against each other and it would be fantastic if we had whole race weekends racing each other (with AI). Championships were in 2012 or 2011 edition so it would be great if they put this feature back in the game.

Only thing I would like to see is a parade lap prior to the start as in the old F1 games on the PS2. Loved the "warm your tyres" thing it was a fantastic touch, please can we have that in the new game!! 
Weaving adds negligible heat to tyres, so if that was really a feature it's probably as well it doesn't exist any more. Weaving is done to scrub any crud off the tyres from the pit lane, to help judge grip, and to see if any last-minute in-car adjustments are required.

Before a race we should be able to do the formation/warm up lap and drive the car out of the garage onto the grid like the build up to the race. Also when the race has finished drive around collect debris and back to the pit Lane. What's people opinion on that?

Take a good note on the good things Microprose did more than 20 years ago, the setup screen, the replays (i want to see other cars action too!) and bring back some of the things in the 2010 like the press conference and so on. It's a good game, but it came short of being a simulator (nothing like the rfactor, for instance), 

How about reeintroducing former f1 tracks like the "nordschleife"? Of course again with old racing cars (liked that feature very much in f1 2013).

Need GP2 & GP3.. Including them would be a great feature because the start of the career as a young driver is most important..

Hey I m not able to change my name and nationality in the driver dress.. so In my opinion there is a need to be improved....... add gp2 and gp3 to career mode..

• Next Gen!
  • Voice control for tyres
  • Fans instead of career points
  • My name on the car and on my suit
  • F1 Manager
  • Better replays
  • More Classics

For future f1 titles to access past f1 game saves so the career mode can be continued across titles, for instance i could continue my career from caterham in F1 2013 onto F1 2014

I've got another discussion about my opinion on pad vs wheel heated debate wanna know what your thoughts are thanks. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwiHUmzhP4A

I'd personally like more realistic driving characteristics I mean its solid but could use a little tuning if everyone is running no down force the aero from the front helps to keep the car on the ground but if you run 1. 1. On the down force setting breaking points should be increased do to the lack of down force on the car thus creating more wheel lock up I should be penalized more for running less down force not rewarded and please let toe and camber angles be visible and not just set I like to see how much my tires are pointed in or out just a thought and a little more penalty if we hit bumps or chicanesa also more livelier track with bumps here and there I know track isn't smooth as can be also please give me detailed videos of correct passing and overtaking manuevers and how you need to give each driver the same room when passing also last thing let there be a license system were drivers compete against drivers with the same license grade and show if there aggressive driver conservative tend to be involed in accident s so we know who to watch. Out for I hate going through qualifying only to be hit in the back by a dumbass looking to wreck others race

I could also imagine some show events between the races, like in a real driver's life. For example a race F1 car vs racing bike. Also events that don't exist in real life, like a drift-fun-event. Just doing things you normally don't Do with a F1 car.

Hi
I think the game would be better if you put in/change the following things:

• Winner`s ceremony

• Interviews

• An own number (that you can see on the car, too)

• more and better helm designs (maybe own )

• test drives before a new Season starts

• as many Seasons as I want to drive in my career

• more and better adversary starches

• And of course the new cars and rules ;)

(importent things are big)

please excuse my not so well english, thx.

Also I know it would be tough but more engineer dialogue like I'd really love it if I could talk back to the engineer like with responses through key words in my headset just thought that be a nice idea and let the engineer let me know if I'm burning up my tires because of track temp which I see never really makes a difference in clouds or sunshine and let me have more control over the cars control on the steering wheel I own a Logitech dfgt and I love manipulating the break bias through certain turns and sectors also while adjusting certain fuel flows for diffoerent sectors and slower parts of the race track and more stronger force feedback it should feel heavier gran turismo the wheel feels pretty close to a real life car just a suggestion can't wait for 14 and the *V6turbos