Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

I want the same tan I wanted any other year and we still didn´t get:

- Detail in the curbs reproduction. Lots of high curbs missing in F1 2013.

- Realistic reactions to curb riding, cars getting into much more trouble riding them.

- WAAAAAAY lower grip levels on astroturb and grass.

- Improvements on setup. Tired of extreme setups being fastest again, and again, and again all through the series.

- Much more sensitivity regarding damage.

That´s it. If they manage these, the game will rock. No need for silly features or gimmicks. Get the gameplay right and it will shine.

f1 classics career mode, with lots more cars than last time, make your own team/car/helmet/designs, track editor wud be awesome [myt be asking a lot tho tbh], also include some tracks/teams/drivers from years gone by for creating custom championship and making it longer and with more teams

I would like 
  • Commentary on the game to make it more realistic
  • FOM settings for the cameras to make it more like you see on tv
  • Paddock 
  • New race engineer that gives you more important information when you are racing 

I would really love to see more work done on the wet whether areas of the game. Eg, when rain begins to fall when running on slicks before the surface is covered in dampness tires actually create a vague wet line, and on the flip side, when rain stops and changing back to dry surface, wet and inter tires create a dry(er) line which is visible and before the offline water dissipates can give an advantage to the brave (or hopeful) driver the chance to opt for slicks giving an advantage where it is dry, but punishing that driver if he gets off line or a patch part way round the circuit is still not dry. In the games I own, 2010 2012 and 2013 the dry line concept is not very well explored and track conditions change is far to uni-form not giving much scope for an advantage to be gained or impending doom to strike. It might be an idea to get some ideas from Geoff Crammonds GP4 which did this fairly well in its day.

Also more detail and movement within the paddock. Even if it is simple video clips with drivers walking with engineers, guys with tire trolleys, media scrums etc like in basic form from 2010 minus the questioning. Maybe for the die-hards like me, some good old fashioned data analysis and some aspects of relationship with your engineer eg Massa and Smedley @ Ferrari all those years (and now with Williams), its a relationship that is critical in F1 and some basic interaction outside the cockpit would be fantastic. Obviously for the less intense player these options can be skipped (or on the contrary the die hards need to turn these options on in the MyF1 section or something)?

Full weekends!!!

Anyway, just some thoughts...

A few things that i would like to see in career mode
  1. All 3 practice sessions
  2. manual pit control
  3. the ability to pit during quali to change tyres and fuel without having to be wheeled back into the pits
  4. The ability to leave early before quali sessions starts like they do in real life
  5. customizable helmet
  6. own driver number
  7. Full control under safety car (not having the throttle full and only going 100kph)
  8. Classic car career mode
  9. Better and more intelligent language
  10. More helpful race engineer e.g Grid Autosport
  11. Formation lap
  12. Parade Lap
  13. Technical and Mechanical issues requiring you to retire ( also ai cars)
  14. Better AI cars
  15. Media paddock
  16. Interviews
  17. Podiums
  18. Telemetry and/or video of what is happening on track while you are sitting in the pits
  19. Longer career mode
  20. Better R+D
  21. Pre-season testing every season

On my previous comment i would also like to add that the tyres should have tyre warmers on them and when you change tyres while sitting in the garage you can actually see the engineers changing the tyres. Also when you make a setup change your time gets used up e.g. MotoGP 13

Man, when i read this stuff (F1 Team manager)
F1 games from codemaster should be games where you can live the life of a F1 driver and not a team prinicpal. It should be a racing simulator where you can drive and not handle a team. 
For an F1 Team Mangaer feature they need a lot of memory.There would be so much to do like finances, R&D and one and one.... Look at FIFA Football Manager. For a complete simulation of a team principal you need a new game man...and not only a feature in a racing simulation what F1 2014 should be.

Here's my current F1 2014 Wish List:

• Fix the controls so controllers aren't faster than wheels
  • Allow results to be exported on PC, or have a feature that automatically publishes results online (can then be downloaded in text or csv format)
  • Allow the host to define grid positions for online races (necessary when there's a restart, or for applying grid penalties)
  • Use dedicated servers instead of P2P
  • Create a realistic handling, physics, and force feedback model (see iRacing)
  • Laser scan all tracks so they're not flat/dead surfaces
  • Real world setup values and not a 1 to 11 scale
  • Add a Force Cockpit option for online races
  • 22 Player Grids
  • Pit boards and a better race engineer so we can turn off our OSD
  • Fix corner cutting (4 tires outside white lines = warning or penalty)
  • Bring back the ability to setup several online races at once where the results from one would deteremine the grid (or reversed grid) for the next, as per F1 2011
  • Graphics that are at least on par with modern titles like Forza 5 and Project CARS
  • Keep the base setup constant for each track - just show us what values have been changed
  • Manual Pit Stops
  • Realistic damage model
  • With One-Shot Qualifying, show the weather forecast for the race.
  • Online practice sessions, and the ability to practice with online settings in single player.
controls faster than wheels? are you nuts people steering wheels are at an advantage for sure if anything fix controls to be faster than steering wheels....

definitely need to change side pod bump glitch. actually penalize the aggressive car. would like to actually have the pre warm up lap would be cool, take our grid spots. *Also if you don't like being passed...then your obviously playing wrong game...dont get mad when someone works hard to get past you cleanly and then side pod bump them to wreck them...fix please...

Tyre wear - instead of showing the average wear for each full set,  show us the individual wear of each tyre.

A new camera view: the cockpit view without the car, just the instrument. Like in Gran Turismo.

OK, Why then you might ask. Because at least at present it is just a two-diminensional screen view and because of that it is not comparable to the real world, so, it's much more fair not to have the car in the way. (and the front camera view is to low.)

If this isn't done at least change the cocpit view to see a bit more of the track. Compare those two photos from Spa in F1 and in Gran Turismo.

The type of things i want to see in F1 2014 include:

1) Wet weather reloading improved. Every time I reload a wet race the AI all dive into the pits. Yes it's advantageous but it also gets frustrating after a while.

2) Tyre wear improvements. This should happen after Pirelli have made their tyres a lot more durable anyway.

3) Edit Grid. This was a great feature in the F1 games of old and made for an exciting race. Imagine having a front row of Chilton and Kobayashi with Vettel and Hamilton starting from the back.

4) Driver numbers. This is an absolute must.

That's all i can really think of for now 

hansirve said:
A new camera view: the cockpit view without the car, just the instrument. Like in Gran Turismo.

OK, Why then you might ask. Because at least at present it is just a two-diminensional screen view and because of that it is not comparable to the real world, so, it's much more fair not to have the car in the way. (and the front camera view is to low.)

If this isn't done at least change the cocpit view to see a bit more of the track. Compare those two photos from Spa in F1 and in Gran Turismo.

That pic is from F1 2010, here's an example of what cockpit view looks like in F1 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBMJs5r1eGM

FS7 said:
hansirve said:

That pic is from F1 2010, here's an example of what cockpit view looks like in F1 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBMJs5r1eGM
The difference is still huge.

- Voice control for engineer using headset microphone or kinect sensor
- Mid season testing
- Maybe as you start career after ydt you join that team as a test driver. You then do the in-season tests that they do and if you are good enough they will ask you to drive full time and career mode continues from then

Would like to see evolving cars throughout the season. Example, the rear wing in Monza should not look like a rear wing that would be run in Monaco. At least make the setup changes in aerodynamics reflect the graphics of the car

Dedicated servers, trying to race online with people across the world is bloody impossible, most of the glitches from this game are born from lag due to no dedicated servers.

back in 2010 the weather system was top of the line it was fantastic but since then i dont think anywork has been done to it, it could use an overhaul, the difference between wet dry is too defined theres no questioning what tyre to be on at any certain point, theres no spots on the track that stay wet even if its overcast and only the cars running is keeping it dry like there should be massive puddles offline but there never is its just a darker tint of road.

Tyre deg, if you look visually at the tyres from the cockpit you should be able to see the degredation which granted you can in all the f1 titles but the damage you's have put on the tyre looks more like blistering then actual tyre wear, hopefully more realistic tyre wear could be implemented as well as picking up marbles should be more visible on tyres.

Much better engineer, the guy is still border lining useless even in 2013, he needs to think more, say more relevant things based on what the driver is actually doing or what the weather is actually doing, he needs also to be more versatile so we need to know information about not just our race strategy but the people around us so how are we relative with fuel how are we relative with tyres etc etc to the cars were actually racing.

A.I coming out of the pits this frustrates the absolute hell out of me, going down the start/finish straight about to go into the first corner and the A.I has left the pits now instead of doing the smart thing and backing off to let you go into the corner without having to ram him out of ur way and risk a penalty he just flies into the corner and never gets out of ur way, same story with blue flags, we shouldnt have to move off of the racing line unless necessary a blue flagged car should move out of the way not continuously block us into corners and wait for us to go around them

Controller shouldn't be faster then steering wheel so i have no clue why it was stupidly made that way, we have more control of the car we should be faster and I get not everyone can afford a wheel set up but make the controller competitive not faster by approximately a second a lap due to the steering ASSIST that is hidden in the settings menu, its a ridiculous excuse and a assist that should not exist or should be put into the ASSIST menu.

Lock ups, having watched the past few races in 2014 and I believe it could be due to brake by wire but the lock ups in 2014 have next to no effect they run maybe 1 or 2 metres wide, thats it in f1 2013 you lock a brake ur almost guaranteed to run off the track or into a wall, the lock ups need to be scaled back just a little bit.

An option or something to make the damage much more sensitive for more die hard fans, im over watching a car bounce off a wall and still have its front wing not even damaged.

RnD feels pointless, the car doesnt feel any better from race to race, we should feel a difference when parts are attached for better or worse and we should be able to say yes we like the update or no i dont like it. 

Difference in drivers, they all feel the same, no drivers use different tactics, they either pit all on the same lap or the lap after, theres no speed difference between the drivers or experience difference for example in 2014 alonso is miles faster then his team mate because hes more comfortable in the car so we should see alonso faster in game and smoother and visibly more comfortable, as for experience making dumby moves like kvyat tried to do on alonso in a rediculous place is a sign of inexperience where as hamiltons dumby on magnussen to get magnussen on the wrong side of the track is a sign of a experienced driver, we should see this in battles in 2014.

NICE WORK TILL NOW CODEMASTERS F1 TEAM.. BUT THIS IS THE TIME TO GIVE MORE..... EXTEND THE F1 CAREER BY ADDING GP2 AND GP3. 

You should be able to create your own overalls and helmet designs for carear. plus a creatable driver like fifa, pes and gta

What I would like to see:
-AI improvements, they don't fight enough when you try to overtake or when they have to overtake
-Tyre wear improvements, on the current game it's pretty much scripted and the setups don't make the difference they're supposed to do. Also the AI's tyre wear is by far not as bad as the player's
-Manual pit stops
-Better graphics
-Put as an option realistic damage
-All the new rules (fuel saving, ERS management...) well implanted

Alright, the 4GB console buyers might hate me, and you may have your own opinion, but why just go with one disk? Like Forza 4 or Batllefield 3 or GTA 5, more disks, more abilities. for heck sakes, make it three disks if you have to. We all want the full experience!

What I also feel is needed is the ability to choose your favroute driver to display in the main menu. Like you choose your driver and in the main menu he stands with his helmet under his arm next to his car.

2nd of all. I'm directly refering to FIFA 14. Put in an option where you can follow up on the current F1 standings, resaults etc. doesn't matter which season it is.

I would personaly like a simulate mode. Like in F1 2005's TV mode, where you choose a race and laps and the console drives the car following performence facts. It would be nice to see a full weekend in this mode!

More wheel to wheel racing like Rosberg and Hamilton at Bahrain 2014.

AI tire wear. (if there is, I havn't noticed)

Voice commands over headset.

Pre-Season testing.(It would be helpful if you can ENABLE or DISABELE this.

Podium and more cut-scenes

I like the current non-RPG game, but interviews would be awesome(you can answer by reading one of the answers that you give us.) if you do bring back interviews, do F1 2010's interview room one with POST-Quali and race interviews.

To choose your own number.

Something amaizing would be new drivers coming in to F1 and signing with teams and other drivers to move teams and retire. I know this would be hard due to licensing, but EA did it brilliantly in their FIFA games.

A longer career that starts you at the age of 20 or higher, the player can choose, to about 36 when you retire, or you can retire by using an option.

A career that puts you with a real driver would be cool, like normal career without you. Swap teams etc.

In career over a period of time the races change slots, like China becomes the last race, and some fall out and can be replaced by classic tracks or classic tracks can join over seasons to make it more than 19 races.

That is all I can thing of now, but if I can get any agreements or something like that please comment or quote this one.

Thanks

2 months away from the regular release date and still no info, getting desperate, why can't Codemasters respond to all of these wishes it almost feels like getting ignored, give some INFO already!!!