Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

a career mode where you start as a test or reserve driver and work you way up to a small team drive

mateyapfc said:
We all know that we want something new in F1 2014 so share your ideas below

codemasters can add GP2 GP3 OR OTHER RACING CHAMPS

exracer21 said:
mateyapfc said:

They can't. It has been said many times over the years that they only have the license for Formula 1, because of FOM I believe. I'm sure they'd love to add GP2 and GP3 for example, but the license doesn't allow that to happen.

My wish list is:
To bring back the life of the driver because after F1 2011 
More car problems because the reliability is real bad the only way you can retire is if you crash
Custom helmets

exracer21 said:
mateyapfc said:

It's called F1 2014, not GP2 2014.

That Indy Car game Simulator made by the Codies in 2002 or 2003 had a good system about the safety car system. There was the option to turn off the automatic mode, in addition this "manual" mode was 100% manual and not a "semi-automatic" like the system in F1 2013. And this system worked too for the pit-stop system, which was necessary to reduce speed and avoid the penalty.

When an accident happens and a car need to retire, it simply disappears almost immediately, and that's boring. In this type of system, the safety car is useless. I think it would be great if these cars were removed by auxiliary vehicles as it was in the IndyCar game. THAT WAS SO AMAZING!

There are many people who like the current system of tire wear, just as there are many people who dislike.
Maybe it would be a great suggestion to add different options of wear. But I think the current system is good.

That system of interviews of the F1 2011 is very good and very immersive. Bring it back please.

Greetings!

an option in the settings for non player controlled failures such as a brakes failure and other stuff. Live weather. More super rrealistic damage. When cars crash they dont dissappear but are recovered by Marshalls. The ability to choose from other drivers helmets past and present. The ability to aak for the pit crew to make an amusement to the front wing or rear wing if slightly damaged or even to not replace it when its damaged. Unsafe releses from pits (not often) bumps in the track the ability to save a replay /flashback. Formation lap. When parc fermé is on then you can breach it but will suffer a penalty if you crash badly in qualifying and you retire then in some cases your team may have to force you to breach parc fermé to fix the car. Of you have athe side of one of your wheels hard  there is a chance the pit crew will have problems changing the tyre. The ability for me to continue to race with Mercedes AMG for the 2014 season

I have repeated some things already said I am just adding a vote for i

t sort of thing also if there is major spelling issues my phone is being slow and lagging words I also apologise for this

Mexicola said:
exracer21 said:
mateyapfc said:

The WRC games have other categories besides the main WRC such as Junior-WRC, WRC2, Group B, etc, all of which add more replay value to the game.

It would be nice if F1 had feeder series such as GP2, World Series, F3, etc.

What would you rather have, a good F1 game with lots of depth that functions properly, or a lackluster F1/GP2 game that lacks depth and is buggy as hell because they have to waste time trying to test over 40 different cars?

It would never happen anyway, as Matt said the license prevents them from adding it.

I just want an enjoyable handling model, where the cars will actually react to the environments around it rather than floating across it. Reactions to kerb hopping, touching the grass and wet weather driving needs a big upgrade and I hope next gen brings this.

On a wishful thinking note, I'd like a more complex penalty system in the style of iRacing which aims to eradicate bad driving. For example, if you run four wheels off the track then the game makes a note of it and warns the driver, but if you accumulate too many of these then you can get penalised (in iRacing it's something like 17 separate incidents/points gets you disqualified from the race). This cuts out stupid penalties that are handed out immediately but makes the driver think a little more carefully on the track.

FS7 said:
Mexicola said:
exracer21 said:
mateyapfc said:

The WRC games have other categories besides the main WRC such as Junior-WRC, WRC2, Group B, etc, all of which add more replay value to the game.

It would be nice if F1 had feeder series such as GP2, World Series, F3, etc.

so does the Moto GP eries but those games don't cost as much to license and they're also not as popular as F1 is. It's only natural that the FIA charge more for this sport as it is the big daddy of motorsport. Well that's how F1 is seen anyway I think in the FIA's eyes. I don't see them adding GP2/3 yet anyway they may consider it once they've transitioned to the next gen consoles but not yet. It'll also depend on how things go with 2014 too given how badly 2013 was received

My wish list would be...

An improved crash system, you rarely see wheels flying off they are normally still attached by the cable to the chassis. Being able to see crashed cars rather than some mysterious alien evaportaing them. If i was to have a bad crash in Q2 for example i may not be able to participate in Q3 and may have to start the race from the pit lane. What about grid postion place drops if i caused a colsion in the previous race, or if a minor issue had to be fixed on the car. On race day the car is on the grid rather than the garage, it would be cool if the player could also be interviewed from there before the start of the race.  Podiums are also an important factor for the f1 experience. Pit boards every lap, have more information about the race when the race has finished rather then just where you and your teammate finished.

The ability to skip the Young drivers test, the amount of times i have had to redo this is annoying ive played all the f1 games i dont need to learn how to play again. Or at least create somthing else so you have a tutorial and somthing for everyone thats played the games. Such as testing days at Barcelona 13/14 May and Silverstone 8/9 July depending on our lap times can earn us the right to drive in any team not all drivers start from teams like Caterham Marrusia ect ect just look at Hamilton and Magnussen.

aarava said:
This thread can be used for generating fan ideas for F1 2014 and fixes that need to be made from F1 2013! I will get the ball rolling with this video I made a while back talking about issues with the F1 games since 2010! Let's really get this thread going to give Codies a good pool for seeing what fans want! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFCfgKeEeRI

wow, what a great listen. sounds like CM have dropped the ball with the Online mode ....  i had high hopes back in 2008 ....... 

I Think they should add:

commentary (makes the game more exciting) 

customize your helmet 

make car setups more understandable 

talk to team not with your voice to complex like it gives you a list of things to ask or say  

shorten the young drivers test its been really repetitive 

GIVE US MORE INFO!!

My number 1 request is a "lap delta" like you get in real life. With the option to use your own fastest time, your team mate's, or the fastest time from a session as a base. This way, like in real life, you can see exactly where you are losing/gaining time around a lap. Just knowing it's "somewhere in S2" is annoying and  not at all lifelike...

Also, during a race, you should be able to monitor the lap times/gaps between you and ANY other driver in the race. If you are racing someone on a different strategy to you, before pit stops ring out, you could be at totally opposite sides of the race track with several cars between you. Knowing their times (like you do in reality). Will allow you to judge when to stop/if you even need to stop before the end of the race as they won't catch you at their current pace etc..

I would like: -Less tyres egradation -Penality (when it comes out of the white line of the track with all four wheels in some curves) -Podium (in career,race,ecc...) -Formation Lap -Real physics -Bug Fix. -Real damage -Crane (when you need to remove a car from the track)

Vorrei: 

-Less pneumatici egradation
-Penalità (quando si esce dalla linea bianca della pista con tutte e quattro le ruote in alcune curve) 
-Podio (nella carriera, razza, ecc ...)
-Formation Lap (con il posizionamento sulla griglia prima della partenza)
-Real fisica 
-Bug Fix. 
-Real danni
-Crane (quando è necessario rimuovere una macchina da pista)
-Pit Stop manual

what i would like to have in this game is:

Tv style graphics

An option for all 3 free practices(in addiction to it i would add some aerodynamic tests while playing offline)

Formation lap-cool down lap-podium

Race engineer that gives me usefull advices on fuel saving or tyre saving etcc...not saying me just i have to use drs -_-.

Interview and after race press conference in career mode.very enjoyable

Manual pit stop so you control the car when you pit and if you come too fast you receive penalty...penalty systim improvement too and bug fixes.you know what ? All this things were on f1 2006 for ps2.you can do an effort and add some of them...would be appreciated.greetings

My wish list 

Helmet customisation

Podiums 

A special world champion helmet

Dial down the tyre deg or make it effect the ai more

I personally would like to see:

• More sensitive damage (maybe wheel tethers.)
  • AI that actually fight back and pass.
  • More customization in settings like; you are able to choose a certain percentage for race distance (20%,30%,40%,50% etc.), able to choose how sensitive the damage is and able to customize the AI difficulty.
  • Updated HUD.
  • you can see the full HUD in cockpit view.
  • penalties that don't punish the innocent in an accident.
  • A career mode that makes you feel like a real F1 driver.
  • Something different in career that makes you want to come back and play, we have had the same thing for a long time now.  
  • And finally get rid of young drivers test, put something in that lets you get a real feel for what you will be up against in the game

How about better Anti-Cheat software for online and league play

Cars that are actually equal

And smarter Ai

anti cheat software lol that's the funniest thing I have read on here, you think they actually care that people cheat online?? hahahaha this place gets funnier everyday

I think that Jenson Button (McLaren) should have his pink helmet as a tribute to his father who always wore a pink shirt to F1 races