Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

if you do hot laps for the rest of the season could you do it with engine sounds as i wanna know i will be buying an f1 2014 game that has the sound and depth that a v6 engine has

Onikubi said:

For the next gen F1 game:

I know it's not possible to have current drivers changing teams (e.g Alonso to Mercedes) but it would be awesome if we could replace current drivers with classic drivers. For example, put Schumacher back to Mercedes with Hamilton as his team mate. 

Or at least do it more subtly. 

1) Allow us to create our own driver that can be used in career AND grand prix mode

2) Allow us to choose a face and a helmet -> have Schumi's face and helmet in there

3) After that we can just choose the German flag and have the engineer call us Michael

So kind of like the create-a-wrestler mode in WWE games. 

Why it's not possible to have current drivers changing teams?!

the license codemasters have means they can't do 2015 driver changes. they have to stick to the 2014 season. bit annoying but if they did this they would lose their license

Walee722 said:
While I agree with most of the stuff you guys have added here. Great lists!
I just wanted to add one more thing. I haven't seen many people talk about it. I think adding pit-lane starts would be amazing. For example, if you crashed out in qualifying and there's heavy damage to your car. You'll have to start from the pit-lane. In the recent games, if you crash after taking pole position. You'll still start in pole position. That's a bit unrealistic.
I think pit-lane starts would be a great challenge! :smiley: 
Plus, a race restart behind the safety car after a red flag would be great too.

Totally agreed should be in 2014/2015, and to add to that id like the chance to oull your car out of parc ferme and make setup changes if i choose to start from pit lane after a poor quali.

Pitstop:

- Include robotcam to pitstop. Robotcam is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8erocsMYLrE 2:10 -->

And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YRK8Y7X5Cs 0:58 -->

the license codemasters have means they can't do 2015 driver changes. they have to stick to the 2014 season. bit annoying but if they did this they would lose their license

Wow... So you are the only driver that are able to change.... Soooo real... 

I will try to imagine something while playing to justify that.

MUZZARIOL said:

FOM broadcast graphics

I think that's a must-have, it'll make the experience closer to reality, and puts the 'official' into the title. It'll actually make it feel official for once...

DWTDevil said:

MUZZARIOL said:

FOM broadcast graphics

I think that's a must-have, it'll make the experience closer to reality, and puts the 'official' into the title. It'll actually make it feel official for once...

Exactly. But I got confirmation from Codemasters that its not happening. They didnt provide an explanation though so I guess we're still in the dark about this

Please Codemasters.. give us finally a helmet cam. like in Moto GP. You can do it guys. PLEAASEE FINALLY..

Bring back the paddock and the interviews. It's a feel of the game that's missing which would be there for a driver. And please, please, please, please, realistic damage. If you're to hit the wall at 200mph, then the car should disintegrate!

TELEMETRY! TELEMETRY! TELEMETRY! I've always been very disappointed at the lack of reviewable telemetry in the current F1 Games. The 'Gold Standard' for telemetry was set by Geoff Grammond's Grand Prix 3 and Grand Prix 4. When the new F1 series was announced it was promised to be the best gaming experience ever (they said at least as good as GP3&4) - and the physics and graphics are awesome. But I guess adding a Telemetry module was too expensive becuase it was never delivered. The old Grand Prix games had a full telemetry recorder which let you review many parameters over a full lap & learn how to optimze setups and made the Sim a far more technical learning experience which I sorely miss  :-(

Alright, so the thing I wanted most (online pratice sessions) is not in F1 2014, huge dissapointment.

What I really want to see is a quick pit-stop during qualifying. Instead of rolling the car back into the garage, just perform a quick tyre change pit stop so you can get out just in time for another lap.

Also I really want the 'vote to end session' option removed. I've never seen a session being ended like that and all it does is being annoying and distracting while you're qualifying. 

It would also be good to have more options in limiting people joining your session. For example I'd like to have the option to deny Brazilians to my lobby.

I'm A big Fan of all the codemasters F1 Games so i'm sure this will be another great F1 game just please include Oculus Rift Support

Alright, so the thing I wanted most (online pratice sessions) is not in F1 2014, huge dissapointment.

What I really want to see is a quick pit-stop during qualifying. Instead of rolling the car back into the garage, just perform a quick tyre change pit stop so you can get out just in time for another lap.

Also I really want the 'vote to end session' option removed. I've never seen a session being ended like that and all it does is being annoying and distracting while you're qualifying. 

It would also be good to have more options in limiting people joining your session. For example I'd like to have the option to deny Brazilians to my lobby.

LFMAO "the option to deny Brazilians to my lobby"

Hi, Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but the single player game is finished. I see no reason in the current world of connectivity why anyone would want to play by themselves. On-line races are the way to go and I realize that this is available in the F1 game but in my experience the racenet system and on-line multiplayer systems are clunky. It wouldn't do you any harm to mimic the iracing on-line system where there is a race session every 1 or 2 hours that anyone in the world can sign up for and compete in. (Maybe its just that I am on the wrong side of the world here in NZ). In the weeks leading up to a GP have the on-line quali & race sessions on the next track that the world championship will be held on. Whittle out the crashers and bashers so that on the weekend of the event there is a championship race(s) that are filled based on your safety record and quali times. As with Iracing you can award championship points based on your placing and the field strength. This would allow you to have a number of races around the world on various servers so that the ping times were acceptable for all racing. That said I can race in Iracing on a European server with a .3s ping and its fine. F1 is such a strong brand and if there were on-line races every 1 or 2 hours that you can just sign up to and race then I would probably be using the game a little more. The chance to qualify for a main event that ran on the same weekend as the real GP would be a real draw card. You could have DLC ghost cars available after each real life GP session of the fastest lap that you could test yourself against. The weather could also be set as the same as what was happening at the real event. How about running online sessions at the same time as the real sessions with live streaming data from the real life session being feed into the on-line session so the on-line players can actually be a part of the practice sessions and see the position of the real life cars in the game. If that was possible (and I can't see why not as each of the cars are tracked in real time during the session) it would provide a level of connection that no other game can offer. The game would have access to all the live timing and maybe build in a live video feed so you can watch on board video live from the track. Not sure Bernie would let that happen but it would be awesome to be able to follow a practice session through the game and be a part of it also. To go even further you could use CGI to place the fastest virtual racer in that session into the TV feed which would be a great product tie up for codemasters. The future F1 game needs to be connected to the real life event so the gamer feels like a part of the race weekend. Content could be provided through the game so the gamer can watch live video feeds from the track or watch videos of engineers or drivers talking about car setup or race strategy. Create a F1 hub online where all this can be accessed and from where the game can be launched for on-line racing or connecting into a real life practice session. Be more than just a game ............... be a portal into the world of and F1 driver.

GavinNZ said:

Hi, Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but the single player game is finished. I see no reason in the current world of connectivity why anyone would want to play by themselves. On-line races are the way to go and I realize that this is available in the F1 game but in my experience the racenet system and on-line multiplayer systems are clunky. It wouldn't do you any harm to mimic the iracing on-line system where there is a race session every 1 or 2 hours that anyone in the world can sign up for and compete in. (Maybe its just that I am on the wrong side of the world here in NZ). In the weeks leading up to a GP have the on-line quali & race sessions on the next track that the world championship will be held on. Whittle out the crashers and bashers so that on the weekend of the event there is a championship race(s) that are filled based on your safety record and quali times. As with Iracing you can award championship points based on your placing and the field strength. This would allow you to have a number of races around the world on various servers so that the ping times were acceptable for all racing. That said I can race in Iracing on a European server with a .3s ping and its fine. F1 is such a strong brand and if there were on-line races every 1 or 2 hours that you can just sign up to and race then I would probably be using the game a little more. The chance to qualify for a main event that ran on the same weekend as the real GP would be a real draw card. You could have DLC ghost cars available after each real life GP session of the fastest lap that you could test yourself against. The weather could also be set as the same as what was happening at the real event. How about running online sessions at the same time as the real sessions with live streaming data from the real life session being feed into the on-line session so the on-line players can actually be a part of the practice sessions and see the position of the real life cars in the game. If that was possible (and I can't see why not as each of the cars are tracked in real time during the session) it would provide a level of connection that no other game can offer. The game would have access to all the live timing and maybe build in a live video feed so you can watch on board video live from the track. Not sure Bernie would let that happen but it would be awesome to be able to follow a practice session through the game and be a part of it also. To go even further you could use CGI to place the fastest virtual racer in that session into the TV feed which would be a great product tie up for codemasters. The future F1 game needs to be connected to the real life event so the gamer feels like a part of the race weekend. Content could be provided through the game so the gamer can watch live video feeds from the track or watch videos of engineers or drivers talking about car setup or race strategy. Create a F1 hub online where all this can be accessed and from where the game can be launched for on-line racing or connecting into a real life practice session. Be more than just a game ............... be a portal into the world of and F1 driver.

lol, this is Codemasters were talking about here, not Microsoft!

twgavin said:

TELEMETRY! TELEMETRY! TELEMETRY! I've always been very disappointed at the lack of reviewable telemetry in the current F1 Games. The 'Gold Standard' for telemetry was set by Geoff Grammond's Grand Prix 3 and Grand Prix 4. When the new F1 series was announced it was promised to be the best gaming experience ever (they said at least as good as GP3&4) - and the physics and graphics are awesome. But I guess adding a Telemetry module was too expensive becuase it was never delivered. The old Grand Prix games had a full telemetry recorder which let you review many parameters over a full lap & learn how to optimze setups and made the Sim a far more technical learning experience which I sorely miss  :-(

They failed to deliver on that promise. Sure the graphics are much better but no other aspect matches up to GP3 or GP4 at all.. Id even stretch that back to include GP2 aswell to be frank. 

ok - here's my wishlist on top of the 2013 game.

1. the addition of telemetary data and ability to overlay with AIs so can compare how they are using the gears, throttle and brake in each corner entry/exit to try and improve lap time.

2. the ability to share setup data with an AI teammate

2. the ability to choose which sectors to start in so can practice certain parts of the track - this feature existed in the F1 2009 game so why not re-introduce it into the current Time Trial section.

3. the ability to see the fuel gauge on the OSD when in cockpit view (you can see it in every other view??) - or at least have the engineer give regular fuel usage updates during a race - have run out of fuel on the last lap in many a race because of too much mix 3

4. bring back tyre AND fuel scaling based on the length of a race

5. bring back manual pit stops using a speed limiter and stopping correctly in the box

Quick start option for time trial, quick race etc. Basically skip the garage, race start video clips, car setup etc. 

We want Ayrton Senna !!!!! Classic maps , Classic Racers, NEW maps , levels of difficulty for all Players of players playing First so knowledgeable about the game

sgbus1 said:

3. the ability to see the fuel gauge on the OSD when in cockpit view (you can see it in every other view??) - or at least have the engineer give regular fuel usage updates during a race - have run out of fuel on the last lap in many a race because of too much mix 3

@sgbus1

you are aware that if you press B or Circle in cockpit view it still brings up the display. Also your race engineer still tells you "you might want to consider moving to fuel mix mode 2 in the next couple of laps. We're comfortable at the moment".