Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

Can someone please tell me if f1 2014 will be a downloadable content on the play station store as I can only download games to play cause my ps3 don't play disc I be gutted if they don't have it this year to download 

Hi there all!
What I'd like to see in your next F1 title are:
- Same (or very similar) game menu as in the 2010/2011  was. It was lovely full of life.
- Long weekend (like now, practice, qualifying, race) and full weekend (3 free practice, qualifying, formation lap, parade lap)
- I love the interviews in the 2010/11 games, so it would be cool to bring it back. Maybe it can affect the driver's status in the team. Also want to see a podium ceremony, but I don't know the exalted personages of motorsport would give their names...
- As many said before: total car control in the pit lande and behind Safety Car (could be optional for less experienced gamers).
- Pit limiter and pit request buttons (with all due respect, no one cares, how many buttons the console controllers do have. Really no offense.)
- Own player names on cars and racing suits.
- More audio names, like in the GRID series.
- More radio traffic with much more advises from the pit.
- Last but not least: very own F1 racing team! (Yes, I know, there are licence issues, and everything, but if you ask, I tell. Let's say, after two or three successful season, you can build a team, replacing the one on the last place. I know, you saw the countless custom car skins/teams on the internet, I hope you got the potential to make us easier to customise our team with pre-definied liveries (GRID), or easily editable templates.)

If I was a creator or working director of Codemasters F1 2014, I have some ideas about the project:

- Mode manager (Extremely Fundamental): elaborating contract in random for AI driver, in another words, leaving make at the PC each driver's contract in random: Vettel in next season will be Ferrari driver, Alonso in McLaren or new driver also Alex Rossi or another young driver that are promoted in F1 and driving in a choice team. Sponsor choice even in random by the PC, numbers personalized for the gamer than at the AI drivers;

- Classification for first time to drive (School driver lessons): at finish, when the gamer and the other AI young drivers ending all tests, in basis of the classification position, signature the contract with teams that welcome young drivers also Marussia, Caterham, Toro Rosso, Sauber, Lotus and McLaren (this last team I preferred to substitute with Williams that you have entered in F1 2013);

- Podium Interview: ex drivers (if they want) that interviews the firsts three classificated how to exists in each ending of Grand Prix;

- FIA stewart that emanate penalty in race of later race;

- Real crash: in basis of impact gravity, the cars will be destoy and some pieces scattered in the circuit;

- Time to removing the damaged cars how real race, with yellow flag in that point or Safety Car entering in basis of gravity of accident;

- More bizarre atmospheric conditions: how in real life, in early time, changing of conditions;

More dynamic in game, please Codemasters. I trust in you!

I don't know if this is really a suggestion for 2014 as the game is finished and released already but for 2015 its relevant.

- Engineer setup tips / hints. ( You put your own setup on and do a few laps but not quite on the pace, he then tells you what might help the car, you make the changes and if you dont like them go back to your setup or if you do like them stick with it.)

I'm not wanting the engineer to tell me an OP setup just and improved setup too one I manually have put in.

I like this suggestion, a bit like FIFA in the way the commentators interact with Geoff Shreaves every now and then.
Rinbob said:
- In-race commentary from the BBC crew David Croft, Martin Brundle with comments about the race, who's leading, accidents, retirements, etc. and Ted Kravitz in pit lane covering news.

I really want the KERS back like in f1 2012 and 2013.Also the AI need to be more agressive.
there's no chance of KERS as it doesn't comply with the new regulations.

But why did codemasters make the KERS automatic in f1 2014?

Have a look here, it explains the use of the new ERS system which is automatic in the game, in all honesty you cannot feel when/where it kicks in: http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/08/f1-2014-and-beyond-your-questions-answered/ 

Snake9400 said:
Racing in a League - Leagues are the mass majority of people to keep playing these games up to the release of the next.

• Online Practice Sessions are a must. So much time is wasted having to restart the qualifying session. Which causes no online high fuel runs to be tested. (15 minutes is not long enough, why is there no online practice - like there is single player practice)
  • Controller users shouldn't have any advantages, therefore equal.
  • The host of the server should be able to chose where each driver starts if necessary.
  • Setups which actually mean something, not 1-11.
  • 22 agreePlayer Grids

God i miss the good ol' days where most of us still had hope, sadly the meta didn't change and Codies practically stagnated in creativity and officiality imho..... :(

God i miss the good ol' days where most of us still had hope, sadly the meta didn't change and Codies practically stagnated in creativity and officiality imho..... :(
...You really had to revive this...

Rayg1979 said:

1. manual starts i.e you cant just put your foot to the floor

2. manual pit stops

3. parade lap

4. DNF's/car problems

5. Safety Car

6. Manual control behind safety car

7. more intelligent pit radio

8. automatic update of strategy if one better/safety car

9. difficulty on a slide bar 1-10

10. AI not 2 seconds a lap faster when wet

See, we've got nearly all of this now and people are still moaning ;)

Rayg1979 said:

2. manual pit stops

3. parade lap

4. DNF's/car problems

5. Safety Car

Wait don't we have all of them?

Rayg1979 said:

2. manual pit stops

3. parade lap

4. DNF's/car problems

5. Safety Car

We do have all of those now. Just goes to show how you can't please everyone (especially the cry baby's).

Some of us here would be happy for the game to function properly

scottishwildcat said:

We do have all of those now. Just goes to show how you can't please everyone (especially the cry baby's).

Content & features add no value if games fail to reliably function properly.