Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

daemun said:
Hadyn said:
I disagree because people still buy ps3's and xbox 360's and also shops still sell these consoles
People still buy ps2's and wii's.... Should we all have wii graphics foundations with high res textures so they can continue to refuse to upgrade? Like I said, I know some people will dissagree but its better for the series.
That's a ridiculous thing to say. Yes people still buy PS2 and Wii's , but they aren't supported any more because they are either very old or incredibly underpowered (more so than PS360). There are more people on the last gen systems than on PS4/Xbone,so it only seems logical from a business stand point to cater for that target audience? Of course the PS360 aren't as powerful as their next-gen counterparts and developing for them will reduce the potential the systems can get to, but by making a port for last gen is ultimately better for the series as a whole as more people can buy the game. Games such as GTA 5 would not be anywhere as successful if they were only released on PS4/Xbone would they?

PS: I ain't upgrading for a few years until its financially viable and there are more games out, and I won't go next gen just for the next F1 game. 

daemun said:
I know this may not be a popular one, but stick to nextgen and pc and leave 360 and ps3 behind. I've seen too many next gen games held back so that compatible last gen ports are easy to make. Move on, utilize power thats available without compatibilty handicaps and give people a reason to upgrade.
Given the time frame that this game will most likely release, I'd say there's a good chance that F1 2014 is Next-Gen only. It will have given a majority of the users the time to switch over and get a Next-Gen console. Then again, I wouldn't be shocked at all if the game is on 7th-Gen and 8th-Gen both, or no 8th-Gen at all.

Liam12d said:
daemun said:
Hadyn said:
I disagree because people still buy ps3's and xbox 360's and also shops still sell these consoles
People still buy ps2's and wii's.... Should we all have wii graphics foundations with high res textures so they can continue to refuse to upgrade? Like I said, I know some people will dissagree but its better for the series.
That's a ridiculous thing to say. Yes people still buy PS2 and Wii's , but they aren't supported any more because they are either very old or incredibly underpowered (more so than PS360). There are more people on the last gen systems than on PS4/Xbone,so it only seems logical from a business stand point to cater for that target audience? Of course the PS360 aren't as powerful as their next-gen counterparts and developing for them will reduce the potential the systems can get to, but by making a port for last gen is ultimately better for the series as a whole as more people can buy the game. Games such as GTA 5 would not be anywhere as successful if they were only released on PS4/Xbone would they?

PS: I ain't upgrading for a few years until its financially viable and there are more games out, and I won't go next gen just for the next F1 game. 
I argee with you on  most things but it's makes sence to make the game for the next generation consoles to upgrade and add features into the game GTA will come out next gen advently as with other games but the console it too expensive but buy the end of the year it should drop again 

Liam12d said:
daemun said:
Hadyn said:

I argee with you on  most things but it's makes sence to make the game for the next generation consoles to upgrade and add features into the game GTA will come out next gen advently as with other games but the console it too expensive but buy the end of the year it should drop again 

Just another one from me, In F1 2013 you would do R+D Objectives which i found interesting but didnt feel like they were worth doing in, so, in F1 2014, because Formula One is so technical, maybe have pictures/ Drawing of these new parts with an explanation as to what they do (for the younger F1 fan maybe) and possibly if you was to retire form a mechanical failure in a race your engineer would say "we have a new spec MGU K or MGU H after the retirement last race" etc.

I just think it would help to less knowledgeable of F1 fan. 

Ignore this post now. I posted up a whole load of ideas for the game which I copied from a word document, and then I post it on here and the text is in black, blue, green and some bits are bold, the paragraphing has changed. No idea why.

It would be nice to make your own team ! Like in GRID ! Customise paint job and sponsors on the car and helmet. Realistic Replay that show mostly your car , but jumps and shows other tams,drivers who are fighting for example 5 place !

I do this every year and repeat myself so hopefully a few may get picked up if everyone wants the same idea.

- If there are classic cars which I hope there are in 14', make the TH8RS Gear Shifter Compatible for cars such as the LOTUS 98T as for F12013 it didn't work.

- The option to set up a championship season online with more than two people

- FORMATION LAP and PARADE LAP (cant repeat this enough)

- Brundle grid walk interview in Career

- News and controversy stories through the season in Career.

- Manual Pit Lane - Drive in at the required speed and out of the box at the required speed. (every year we ask for this)

- More Tyre smoke on lock ups

- Change in performance of teams in career season after season.

- Helmet Visor tear-off strips

- Off track sponsor duties, maybe training for the following race

- Custom Helmet Design

- More Immersive Career mode,

-Interviews, Podiums, Press conferences. posy qualifying and race interviews as in F12010.

- Driver reputation in career mode - ties in with obeying or ignoring teams orders, interviews good or bad, future contracts with the current team. how much you get paid and the points on the license idea that is currently in F1.

- Commentary from Brundle or Crofty along with engineer during race as was in F1 Championship edition - first F1 game on PS3.

- More classic tracks - Adelaide, Turkey.

- Try get Rob Smedley to do the engineer voice over.

- In co-op mode the option to spectate your team mate while you sit in the pits, and make it more than one season.

- Save and Share replays plus the option to view cars other than yourself on the track - not sure but think with next gen this is already available.

- Pre-Season testing CAREER

- Teammate rivalries.

- 8 Seasons so we can beat Schumachers record.

Classic Content again with more cars. Here's some just to name a few that I would love to see:

- All the classics that were in 2013 plus: Senna/Prost - McLaren MP4/4, Mikas McLaren MP4/13 - MP4/14, Hamiltons MP4/23, Jordan 198, Kimis F2007 and Buttons Brawn BGP001...pretty please.

Hope some of these will get taken into consideration as I think codies are doing a great job with the F1 Series.

- Work with Logitech to get FFB sorted out when you set refresh rates higher than 60Hz.
- Change the 'Go To Race' system to ready/unready like it is in the lobby
- Implement some form of low rate/info telemetry system that only outputs things like lap/sector times, meaning that live timing systems can be created for the game.

1. Voice communication with your race engineer.
    Would be pretty cool if you could use your microphone to ask the engineer about weather updates and time differences to the car in front, for example. Also to request a pit stop or answer a question from your engineer.

2. Remove the off-track limiter
    Often when going slightly off-track - when avoiding a crash, for example - you are massively slowed down because of the limiter. Removing this would mean a much more realistic driving experience. When someone puts me wide, it means that I'm punished for something that is not my fault; this would make it more fair.

3. Pit crew using tyre-warming components
    Would be awesome if the pit crew would try to keep the tyres warm before and after parking in the pit. Cold tyres after each pit stop are completely outdated at this time (even if this would make the race more competitive).

4. Paddock as in 2010
    This was a great feature, having interviews, press conferences and other awesome features like the F1 trucks behind the pit lane. Re-introducing this feature would make it much more interesting. To be honest, just emails are boring and there's so much more going on behind the scenes than just qualifying and racing on the track.

5. More realistic news
    Seeing "User beats his teammate" every week is not realistic at all - I've never seen such messages in real life - and I would like to see some more updates about other team's upgrades and struggles.

6. Last but not least, some suggestions from others that I would love to see implemented:
    1. Formation and Parade lap
    2. Manual Pit Lane
    3. Reduced car-reliability - both Player and AI!

Hey! Me and Tom97HD took some of your ideas and discuss them in a video. This video is about online racing but mostly league races if you guys could check it out would be great some of the ideas on the forum are great and we took only a few of them. We'll create another video soon if you guys enjoy it. 
Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsO0dpZzHig

Has anyone mentioned live weather? In would really love to go race and the game pulls the current weather...every 5 minutes perhaps?

I copy my own text from other fourm:

I hope that game goes more like a televisionbroadcast:
- Race start like real life with warm-up lap.

- Race startmenu when you check you pit stop strategy etc. like in this video: 

- HUD from a televisionbroadcast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iokSoUlfA4

- Some intro song for races example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txsSYNInVcA

- After intro song we need official FIA intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35i_CDoTPfk

- And after FIA theme we need that circuit profile. This is how we made race feeling.

Career mode (incl. CO-OP):
- You can decide you feeling after qualifying. Example dissapointed, angy etc. not just only that crying driver.

- Make better panalty system by using PS4 and XO technic. I am not game programmer or expert of that case but my idea is that if there happens something that game register there is maybe something what need need panalty. Game simulating situation couple times at background in game and make decision.

-Make penalty system to approximate more like where I driving. Example I played CO-OP career Spanish GP. I was at sector 3 and I get blue flaq. Okey there not room that I can continue my race without stopping car, so I decide that I drive to first sector and drive little slower. Game give me drive through penalty :<

- Pit stop fix: Example I broke my front wing, I can say team that I want that thay change only wing, not tyres.

- Pit stop fix: Sound command (example headset) or other command from controller you can say to team that you have to box this lap.

- This maybe annoing some players but I hope that engine failures come to this game.

And my gameplay wishes:
- Make setups for different wheels. I played with logitech driving force by using original codemasters setup. My friend said when we played CO-OP career that it look like I made some fixing move when I drive. We made changes and try again and again to fix that.

- Wheel abrasion HUD with percents not colours.

- Fix that weird bug where AI drivers stop car in practice. 

For the race tracks:
- Make all of tracks to model year 2014. Example F1 2013 Korea pitline is really from 2012.

Game modes:
- I hope that multiplayer gets more bette tools to moderate and host online leagues.

- Some fix to slower internet connections. Example I played at Malaysia in online but I can't over take some driver because I can't approximate his driving line. He driving and controlling lag so much.

- Classic mode with early 2000's cars. And some tracks like Istanbul Park.

- CO-OP race mode where you can be race engineer (I tried that with my friend when we play co-op career and I crashed car. It was fun.)

- Career mode where I can be race engineer.

- Telemetry data to improving my lap times.

-Winter test to career mode.

Extra:
- Some extra videos making of game, inside pitline, tips from drivers, interview etc.

Online player that got penalty/disqulification should get 10 minutes cool down timer, preventing him from entering next race! 

If after 10 minutes he enters next race again and gets penalty/disqulification timer should increase to 15 minutes. And race after race to increase to 30 minutes and then reset.

There are so many people "playing" online just to crash other players. So this would help in eliminating them from doing it race after race...

To add something to my previous post...

-the intelligence of lapped cars---When lapped, AI should not only reduce their speed, but they should also be able to be aware where they should reduce the speed to let faster cars through. Being blocked by a lapped car in the corner which has only one racing line /in the apex is just so annoying but helpless.

-the simulation of qualifying---AI only posts their fastest lap times whenever the player is on the circuit. And in Q3, it is really ridiculous for all the AIs keeping just 1s from each other when they do their flying lap. They should be smarter, for example, taking tyre strategy into account in every session of the race weekend.

I think also a manager mode would be fantastic. Maybe it could be you creating the 12th team on the grid or you buy out one of the back markers. Also an editing feature. For example, being able to change what teams the drivers race for, the nationality, the names of both drivers and teams and the teams livery (but that might not work) Also being able to create new drivers who can come up to F1 or new teams. This was very similar to racing manager 2014 where you could change the names of any drivers or teams. change the team livery, team finances and the overall ability of the team Staying with racing manager 2014, it had a very in depth R&D system where you would have this MASSIVE R&D tree where you could take paths ranging from aerodynamics to mechanical components. That would be amazing in F1 2014 Maybe add in some different circuits for the career mode and not just for Classics. For example, circuits like Mexico or Azerbajan could feature on the calander instead of the official schedule or maybe the calander changes every season with new circuits featuring, old circuits are left off or old circuits are reintroduced and maybe a different calander length. For season 1, have say the 19 races but season 2 has 22 races. Another idea is in season testing like we have now this season. If you are doing well, you might miss the test or if you are lagging behind, you can use the test for R&D purposes. Also maybe include the preseason test as well to learn your challenger for the season Also, maybe focus on the little things. Make us hear maybe the commentator in the background or the cheering (or booing) of the crowd. Make us hear the massive lock ups and all those little things we can now hear this season But please Codemasters make the drivers move teams during the career mode after a season or so with drivers retiring or returning and rookies coming through. If you can do this that would be amazing :D

F1 TOP 5: F1 2014 Community Game Ideas
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdDWoPQrv8&feature=youtu.be 
Please leave a like if you enjoyed! As well please reply with feedback

Want to be able to see every corner from an overhead viewpoint so I can check whether I am taking the best racing line or not.

Two Things I would like to see in future F1 Games, Firstly a Data Logger of some sorts and secondly I would like to see some sort league based system for leagues to use e.g. lobby settings and league tables for you saved under system for that specific league.

A.I cars that actually get off the racing line quickly when you come up to lap them would be nice. They're also good at blocking when your on a qualy lap, and sometimes they practically stop in front of you when you come up behind them going into a corner!

Well I still find on the hardest difficulty I can gain 10-11 positions on the first lap

- Use the HUD they use on TV - Mannal pitting - Real crash model - Don't ghost other cars on single player - Have interviews Thank you for looking at my opinion I understand that all of these opinions of mine would be hard to put on to the game Thank you CodeMasters

Hatta said:
Great stuff here guys. Keep the ideas coming. 
So your going to listen to us this year and use some of the things we want or are you just getting us to make the forums look busy?