DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

I think that it should have options to your race director- say that your team said that you were to aggressive on your tyres then there will be a option to say stuff that will affect  your status with your team like NBA 2k 14 does.

Also that you can walk around the paddock and the grid to see other teams strategies like tyre type ( soft, medium etc)

the AI changes there strategies like going for a 2 stop instead of a 3 stop in a 100% race

also maybe a 75% race as well

F1 2014 should have feature where the driver is able to practise doing a manual pitstop (e.g. turning on speed control, steering, driving into pitbox, launch from pitbox, and turning off the speed control again). This could be something that is needed to be practised, and when sufficient skills have been evolved, the driver is then allowed to do this in a race. perhaps this could be one of the new challenges.

Also, a more interactive engineer would be nice to see. the engineer could pose questions such as "how are your tyres?" and the driver can have some options to answer with such as 1. good 2.as normal 3. need to pit  etc.

also maybe a GP2 series. I realise this will need more licencing but would add a nice touch to the game. You could work you way through the ranks (e.g. Red Bull junior driver, to Red Bull 2nd driver in F1)

or maybe this could be a separate game, where the skills acquired in gp2 could be transferred into F1 

I think a lot of the features from the old Grand Prix 4 game would make it a lot more interesting and realistic. Here are some I remember
  • If you crashed, a marshal would come from the side and push you away from the track. This even happened with AI. Yes, AI had accidents and not just at the first corner. It could take a few laps to clear the cars and you saw a marshal pushing it away.
  • You could select any % race distance, this would allow someone to slowly increase the distances getting used to longer races.
  • There was a TV style live feed so when you were in the pits you could watch to see what everyone was doing on track. This even happened in races. I remember retiring from the race on the first lap but put it in TV mode and watched the rest of the race. You didn't have to watch the race you could just fully retire and it would show you the full results.
  • If you wanted to pit, you had to ask to come in or if you just drove in without asking you would be sitting in the box for about 20s while they went to get the tires and the equipment.
This is only some features i remember but if a game from 2002 could do this then surely a 2014 game could?

1) Fire Targa and half Birmingham Studio coding beginners under his command. Bring competent people

2) Ditch EGO engine. Build a new one fom the scratch that promotes simulation and the more skilled player over the lesser. 70% sim and 30% arcade should be the way to go.

3) Take your time before releasing the game. If It takes four years to release a game that doesn't feature half the laughable ammount of bugs Birmingham Studios F1 games have been suffering from the beginning

4) You have only focused on graphics only since the days of the first Dirt, with ego engine; even worse, to satisfy the needs of the always lazy and cancerous for gaming casual audience being your one and only concern. Do the opposite thing, then so many of us can recognize old good codemasters that focused on the things that mattered by then, like fun, quality controls and physics, and replayability.

[...]
In addition to what I suggested before, I would like to see different camera options in the pit lane (during pitstops and when parked in the garage), as it would be nice to have one camera set instead of switching between the cockpit cam and the selected angle.

hola said:
1) Fire Targa and half Birmingham Studio coding beginners under his command. Bring competent people

2) Ditch EGO engine. Build a new one fom the scratch that promotes simulation and the more skilled player over the lesser. 70% sim and 30% arcade should be the way to go.

3) Take your time before releasing the game. If It takes four years to release a game that doesn't feature half the laughable ammount of bugs Birmingham Studios F1 games have been suffering from the beginning

4) You have only focused on graphics only since the days of the first Dirt, with ego engine; even worse, to satisfy the needs of the always lazy and cancerous for gaming casual audience being your one and only concern. Do the opposite thing, then so many of us can recognize old good codemasters that focused on the things that mattered by then, like fun, quality controls and physics, and replayability.

they may get rid of the ego engine but for the rest of it I doubt they'll do that as aiming it more in a sim would limit their sales and they know it aiming it too much in the sim way would end up hurting their sales I know I for one would stop buying their products if they started doing that. this series was always designed to be a half and half and while mistakes were made with 2013 I have enough confidence to believe that they'll hopefully fix that for 2014

Even if helmet customization doesn't get added, one thing I would like to see is the team sponsors and base livery added to your chosen helmet. say Mercedes, you would have the Merc logo in the middle of your forehead with the Monster logos on going around. Also have your name displayed on the car and race suit rather than the driver you are replacing. Both would add a bit more to that one thing I think is kind of lacking right now. I'd also quite enjoy doing formation laps and driving to parc ferme.

I think going with live the life feeling would be a good direction of the game -Race start •To be able to manually park car in the grid slot. • manually pull away after the lights go out. -Ai •faster through the first threw corners • fix when the ai are on the inside when overtaking. Stop them slowing down drastically. -Tyres • driving styles should contribute to tyre wear • ai tyre wear, so they can't set personal bests at end of stint. -Fuel • driving style should affect the fuel usage. - stop dumbing down game. Most of the f1 gamers are fans and know the sport. - more realistic damage. The rear of the car needs to be able to damage.

The career mode in my opinion could be improved with the r&d. When you upgrade a car their should be a noticeable difference and you should be able to see different parts i.e. more panels on the front wing, instead of your engineer saying "we've fitted some new parts...".

Also i feel that p1 and p2 should be re-introduced as with some circuits it takes me longer than an hour to fine tune a setup, as in i can feel their is more time in the car in circuits like Monaco and Melbourne and many others. Melbourne because if you start season 2 you get 1 practice session in a car you might have not driven before and Monaco because i personally find braking hard and fast corners.

There also needs to be an improvement with the pits because in real life you sometimes see cars side by side down the pit lane. whenever your racing for position and you end up losing position because the computer wont let you come out side by side and gaining you vital tenths of a second which can be the difference between gaining or losing DRS.

Also will their be the choice of having a number selected?
CAN we see the name on the racing suit and car change? i.e. taking Grosjeans seat but Grosjeans name is on the side of the car and the overalls.
CAN we have a better choice of helmets?
CAN we get the option to have a short or tall driver? because the size of the driver effects the cars severely this season.
CAN we see pre-season testing and in-season testing?

Hi! My wishlist for F1 2014:
  • More simulation
  • Better and realistic physics - like LFS or rFactor
  • Better and realistic damage model
  • Formation lap, installation lap, cool down lap
  • Manually pit stops
  • New hud and display
  • Mechanical failure
  • The difference between wet and dry conditions
  • The AI ​​is a little more aggressive
  • REALISTIC WHEEL-WHEEL CONTACT !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa0iCmt0kV0 !!
  • More active team radio
  • Live the life - like F1 2010
  • In the safety car phase, the game not limit the speed
PS Sorry for my bad english, but I'm from Hungary

maza19 said:

I think that f1 2014 should have a more realistic career mode with gp2 and gp3 and driver transfers so we will not get bored. gp2 and gp3 drivers must be transfers to f1 teams so we can have a rival from our gp3 years. the career should be longer like 10 or 15 years because when you finally win the championship you will have to retire.

The classic cars should be more and should be some cars from 70s and 00s,nurburgring nordschleife and adelaide should be on the game too.

In f1 should be a manager mode in which you would be able to create your team with real sponsors like vodafone and canon.

Licensing probaably restricts team manager mode. but being a manager of a current team in the sport may be possible and i would be a big fan of that especially adding the gp2 and gp3 but again licensing restricts this. maybe a new license contract may be needed to allow them more freedom when creating games.

Lessen the penalty for getting off track. You are already loosing time, but the car being throttled down is a double whammy, especially if you took an avoiding action not to run into another car. You are being slowed down not because your own fault

I'm happy to see so many asking for improvements for online racing in this thread!

Some want inf and cool of lap, helmet editors, praise of the winner.
This is more important for online gamers imo:

Fix of the Logitech G 25/27 need for Vertical Sync = ON (NVIDIA). Also more sensitivity close to center position.

Heavily improved replay option(s) - ability to follow one/all of the cars that was participating the race.
(This will also make editing videos a lot more interesting as well.)

"Realistic" online practise. (The Time Trial is fun, but I rather delete that in favour for a realistic practise session).

League/friends "easy invite system" with re-invite option.

Some of the F1 2012 track grip back. To me, the 2013 tracks was to "treacherous" and unpredictable.

FIX bugs rather than make new modes etc ( I know this could be a tough one this yar with all the 2014 changes - still: don't make more candy than you can chew ;) )

Ooh and please test it ONLINE this time, dear developers?
Alternatively make a beta version again.
Avoid some of those big "burn-in" bugs like the "driverless cars" in the start season.
It makes the game look so ridiculous "non-pro" :)

Another thing I would like is to be able to customize our own helmets. Also, as ChokDK said, being able to invite people into the lobby while in game. This would be great because people sometimes disconnect during league races and it can get annoying if they keep disconnecting :D

daemun said:
No next gen. All I have to say!
Then play 2013. The game isnt going to get any better or have ANY of the stuff people want if it stays on old gen. If you want a new game with all the new features people want then CM need more power and more memory. I for one want a NEW game, not an old gen port with copy/paste data from 2013 and high res textures.
I don't want a new game, i'm fine with the same version. I quite like it. They'll probably change some things but those will only be small. Most people either cannot afford or want to buy a next gen console so early.

daemun said:
No next gen. All I have to say!
Then play 2013. The game isnt going to get any better or have ANY of the stuff people want if it stays on old gen. If you want a new game with all the new features people want then CM need more power and more memory. I for one want a NEW game, not an old gen port with copy/paste data from 2013 and high res textures.
I don't want a new game, i'm fine with the same version. I quite like it. They'll probably change some things but those will only be small. Most people either cannot afford or want to buy a next gen console so early.
As its been stated already, they can play 2013. Those of us did WANT and COULD afford a next gen console should be able to play a new F1 game.

I wouldn't start a fight about that yet.
Codemasters are (about) owned by a big Indian company.
I guess they will put it out on as many platforms as possible, but maybe not same time.
Mac-users are used to this..

and the retard AI cars ramming into you and their invisible rails..., make the game from the scratch already, and change physics too.

• Allow to change the AI in career mode, changing the charachter, like we will be able to change (like in the mods in PC) the drivers the car with saving it to the hard drive. Or just write other name to different drivers. And give helmet to it. And car sounds as well.
  • Fake sponsors, Create new car design for example the Paint Red Bull red. Or write own subtitles to the car.
  • More detailed brake balance in the race not just font rear, because both is terrible. Choose like (48-52 or 47-53).
  • Poduim, cool down-and formation lap.
  • Able to have a look at the AI’s onboard camera, to see how its going for example 1:48.635 in Spa. Analize its hotlap. In GP mode create an own grid put Bianchi on pole. And put cars in different positions.
  • Change cars performance for example better performance to Lotus or Marussia or lower with Mercedes.
  • All the other things from other youtubers (Tiametmarduk – F1 2014 Game discussion Career mode) and (F1 2014 Game Ideas Live the Life (Career)
  • Saveable replays, so we don’t need capture card. And we can export the race to MP4 format.
  • Team manager mode.
  • AI should struggle with tyre wear,
  • Get the TA system back (changing team performance based on constructo
  • Able to choose when you want to run the race (6 oclock int he morning or 7 o’clock in the evening) and transmissions all the time shadows changing the sun goes to rise or set down or eventually the Moon.
  • Have a handling model which is not under or oversteer. Or keep the oversteering handling model, but make the Traction control as good as it was in 2011. So fully reduce oversteer.
  • Top 3 interviews after quali and race, answer to the questions, and also hear the 2 other drivers anwser to the questions.
  • Back the agent.
  • Able to get messages from other drivers. For example you take out Rosberg and he comes up to you with a message, that back off, or even get messages from Charlie Whiting, and pretty much from everyone.
  • Better engineer have more emotions like the 2010 engineer, but don’t create American engineer because its hard for me to understand.
  • Illegal overtake timer at least 30 seconds
  • Costumazation to control user, like throttle deadzone, steering deadzone.
  • Able to choose facet o the drivers, which is the closest or our one face.
  • Driver performace changing.
  • Take the RETURN TO GARAGE GLITCH away, when you come into the pits from the menu and every car gets laptimes, even a car who has a puncture
  • NO TYRE SCALING PLEASE (this means te tyre wear is not the same throughout 25-50 and 100 races) I have a few reasons against tyre scaling:
    • It never happens in real life that for example in Malaysia Medium tyres last 6 laps (it happens in 25% races)
    • In Barcelona and in Hungary in 25% races. (Barcelona) - I was looking after my tyres like crazy lift and costing upshifting running in lean rebs, but I still didn’t manage to go to lap 8, but the AI was just pushing like crazy they didn’t save their tyres and they MADE IT TO THE RECCOMENDED STARTAGY, AND in LAP 8 ONE OF THE IS POSTED THE FASTEST LAP ON OLD TYRES ANDALSO I SAW GUYS STAYING OUT FOR AN OTHER LAP, PITTING IN LAP 9 If I would push I would need to pit in LAP 5. After this I fed up with this game and I played with 2012 throught 1 month. So the tyre scaling potentially lose players who is getting angry because of it.
    • The isn’t any car int he game which is good on its tyres more than others. The worst is Toro Rosso.

Focus less on new features.  Focus on making it work.  Walk before you run.  Go back to to when the game was playable and not a twitchy mess and build from there.