Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

Liam12d said:
Hatta said:
Great stuff here guys. Keep the ideas coming. 
So your going to listen to us this year and use some of the things we want or are you just getting us to make the forums look busy?
I'm pretty sure the staff looks at and considers all the suggestions in this thread, but due to the licensing and development strategies, it's not always possible to implement all suggestions that are made here directly into the game.
Name one thing they have added that was asked for by the community.
Erm... most recently Classics?
i dont belive most of the f1 gamers asked for classic content. I also felt they put too much effort into it. Also the classic content got a bit boring.

each time I play 2013 I see things that could be improved so from time to time i'l drop in and add my bit.

after playing at Abu Dhabi I notice the darkness is still coming far too late compared to real life. try to make it realistic and have the cars fully under lights by lap 14-17, if its a 25% race start it in darkness under the lights it just looks so much better. the time trial used to be at night could you do that again please.

vote to kick, please can you allow the lobby host to kick out nuisance gamers or utilise the preferred player system on Xbox so they cant access the lobby.

more options on multiplayer, 10% races, ability to do 5 races in 1 online session to make a mini championship like in 2010, better matchmaking so you're racing equal opponents, 105% qualli rule would be a must for me especially online, ability to choose whether the lobby can be accessed mid session, a graphic to show how many gamers are online, we should be allowed to use any real drivers helmet online.

on helmets I would add, they are so bland and boring. can we have more life like helmets in the future please, since all the online helmets available are Bell helmets can we have different makes also, arai, schuberth etc. Also can we have some sponsorship on them too, the sponsors are all displayed on the game, the cars, the drivers helmets and the tracks so why not use them on the helmets available for gamers. obviously like in the past a lot of people would like to be able to design there own helmet so please think about that too.

if classics are back for 2014 can you take away that haze that comes over the screen when you enter classics or classic races it looks tacky makes the track and surrounding area look funny colours, please change this! and if you are feeling generous add classics to the basic game free of charge >:)

Classic mode for the 2000s 2003 Williams F1- Ralf Schumacher & Nelson Piquet 2004 Ferrari F1- Michael Schumacher & Niki Lauda 2005 Mclaren F1 Juan Pablo Montoya & Mika Hakkinen 2006 Renault F1 Fernando Alonso & Giencarlo Fisichella 2007 Ferrari F1 Kimi Raikkonen & Alberto Ascari 2008 Mclaren F1 Lewis Hamilton & Ayrton Senna Tracks: Indianapolis & Magny Cours

F1 2013 Is A Huge Improvement From F1 2012 In Game Play.

Now i have a few features and ideas i like included in F1 2014.

Game Play

No.1 - Radio Communication - I know you cant have communication with your engineer via a mic so the way i would have Radio Communication In The Game Is Have A 4th Quick Menu Selection Called (Radio) Where You Can Select From (Car Ahead) (Car Behind) (Tyre Wear) (Request Pit) If you select (Car Ahead) Your engineer will tell you what the differents was between last lap times was of the car ahead - If you select (Car Behind) Your engineer will tell you what the differents was between last lap times was of the car Behind - If you select (Tyre Wear) Your engineer will tell you how worn your tyre look - If you select (Request Pit) Your engineer Will Say Box This Lap and now you can pit in with a smooth pit stop. This is the only way to have radio communication with out the driver talking.

No.2 - Request Pit Stop - Be for you make a pit stop you Must Request Pit Stop or your pit crew will take longer and make mistakes - you can request pit stop with the 4th quick menu selection - You must request a pit stop before you enter sector 3 for a smooth pit stop any later and you will have a bad stop.

No.3 - Pre Season Testing - Maybe before the start of every year in career mode there should be pre season testing like they do in real life.

No.4 - Manuel Starts -

No.5- Formation Lap - Before the start of a race have a formation lap with your engineer telling you what temperature your tyres should be at and how many burnouts you need for temperature. but this needs to be a option so you can skip it. let the player drive it around til you reach a point just before the gird spot you are in

No.7 - Realistic Damage - I would like real life damage.

No.8 - In Rain - It a bit faster then in real life for the player and al cars and al cars seems to be a bit to fast compared to players lasp times

No.9 - Al Cars - Al cars seem to Accelerate a bit just a bit very very litte bit to fast just on long Straights like in China and Korea.

No.10 - three 3 Practice Sessions

Visual Effect Add Ons

No.1 - When in pit garage waiting to hit the track in practice or qualifying tyre blankets should be on tyres til you select (Drive Out) and then your pit crew should take the blanket off as you drive out of the garage.

No.2 - When ever you pit in the race your driver should tear off a visor strip when driving down pit lane.

No.3 - Under a safety car you should drive past the crash site once with marshalls trying to removing the crashed car.

No.4 - In real life on a race start there is a medic car behind the grid it should be added to the game.

I don't know what it is called but in F1 2014 it would be good if before the race you could go out on track a few times but come into the pits each lap. This happens in real life so I think it would make the game more realistic!

Just a small wish: Let's be able to see how many laps the race is when doing quali (online).
Also visibility of Park Ferme = ON or OFF would be real nice :)

ausdavid said:
Visual Effect Add Ons

No.2 - When ever you pit in the race your driver should tear off a visor strip when driving down pit lane.

No.3 - Under a safety car you should drive past the crash site once with marshalls trying to removing the crashed car.

I agree that these two ideas would be cool.
Specially to tear off a visir strip when raining! :)

Not sure if the following have been said yet but it's late, I'm tired and I haven't got the strength to read the previous pages... :P Fully dynamic rubbering in on the track. Each tyre of every car lays down rubber onto the track with each pass it does over it. This also adds marbles to the edge of the track along with dust and gravel. Probably possible on next-gen and PC, not sure about PS3/360. Dirt/rubber build up on cars. After a long race I'd love to see black rubber marks and dirty water marks on the car after a wet race when it's dried halfway through. It would show the car is 'worn out' much like what the Le Mans cars ended up like in GRID 1. Also manual pit lane driving, formation laps and cool-down laps would be amazing. Along with false starts.

Releasing it earlier in the season and just updating the car performances throughout the year would be good, but it's too late for that one. I'm sure they'd get more sales that way too, but maybe for 2015/16/17.

Hopefully the full podium can be introduced including the interviews etc. There should be more than enough disc space on NG consoles to allow this. 

Going to back to the 'live the life' career mode style from F1 2010 would be good too, I preferred the Dirt 2 style menus were you were in the paddock rather than the traditional menus that were on F1 2012 (not sure about 2013 never had the chance to play it).

JDring said:
Releasing it earlier in the season and just updating the car performances throughout the year would be good, but it's too late for that one. I'm sure they'd get more sales that way too, but maybe for 2015/16/17.
[CUT]
Couldn't agree more on this one:
1. Getting the game out for season start would get a lot more interest.
2. Good time to decide what to upgrade/renew and clean the bugs out - Steam updates for the lot :)

ideas for career mode:

1) longer career mode (be able to choose either 5, 10 or 15 seasons)
2a) bring back the pr assistant rather than the email system, this was a good feature of f1 2010.
2b) bring back driver salaries to contracts (as in f1 2010)
3a) bring back the paddock, in f1 2010 you could talk to the media, see other drivers walking past your team's motor homes and enter the truck where your pr assistant was with her laptop.
3b) be able to walk around the paddock, it would be cool to be able to explore the paddock and rather than going to the next session in the menu, the driver should walk into the garage when it's time for the next session.
4) Thursday press conferences, these are apart of every f1 race involving 6 selected f1 drivers, it would be cool to part-take in these in the career mode.
5) more in depth R&D, the R&D in f1 2010 for me was the best out of the four games, however it can be better than that and more advanced (like physically trying new parts on the car, e.g a new front wing)
6) Tyre warmers/electric blankets, something i noticed in the garage is that the tyres don't have the electric blankets the teams use.
7) driving out onto the grid before the race, well codemasters nearly had this one covered except you skip to the race half way down the pits, wrong. after leaving the garage, complete the lap and take your position on the grid.
8) warm up laps and slow down laps
9) ERS harvesting, this year with the new engines the drivers need to do a great amount of energy harvesting, in qualifying the drivers have been using all their ERS one lap and then harvesting power right throughout the next to have another go. along with the brake bias and engine mix adjustments you can make in car you should be able to adjust how much harvesting your doing. also, this year the rain light has been lighting up to warn the car behind that the car ahead is harvesting electricity and will slow down.
9)podium celebrations and post race press conferences. the post race conferences for the podium finishers was in f1 2010 and they need to return, also have post qualifying conferences as in real f1.
10) FIA gala awards cermonies. at the end of the year the championship winning driver and constuctor recieve trophies at this awards ceremony in monaco, i rekon it would be cool to have these in the game.

these features for me would make for an awesome career mode.

in f1 2014 i need to see:
1- the warm up lap, so you can get hot the tires before start the race
2- the electric blanket when you are in the box or on the grid before to do the warm up lap, and when you arrive on the grid the IA set the car on our place
3- the helmets with the sponsor like our team mate
4- the change of the pilots in all the f1 teams and not only in the team where we go
5- the tests before the seson, you have just pulled into the game all the tracks where do the test
6- in the pit stop we have to push the car and brake it like in f1 2010, or if you want drie the car also in pit lane
7- i like to see the podium
8- i hate the cut off the engine when you exit from the track, for penalized the driver who exit from the track you can give more grip on the track and less out of it
9- i like to see more crash with te IA pilots, and the commissioner work to give up the car and live the track
10- i like to set the kers power on higt, medium or less, with different time to use
11- i like to see the different type of upgreade on the veichle like different type of front wing or somehing like that
12- i like to see a better scene on the box and when you enter on it
13- i like to see the kreb get diry because the tyres pass on it
14- engine falure, or mechanical damage to get more realistic the game and when the drs or the kers fallure it cannot be repaired from the box
15- i like to see the paddock and visit it while you can met media and fans like a real pilot life
16- time request to make the set up of the car go down like to repair the car, because now is incredible to change the gearbox in 2 seconds!
17- if i broke the front wing the game repair it, i want than the mechanics change it faster as possible, but with a limitate numbero of change parts
18- if it is possible, you can insert the simulator, due to we can't do the test, and give to engegneers our feedback to choise the direction of r&s of the car

thank you for the atention ad make a good job

It would be nice to see the weather/environment graphics improved. Maybe they should add lightning to wet races, rework the lighting for day racing as it looks like they all start at midday when they don't, and heat haze from the track surface and car exhaust

In the F1 Classics we should have the old point system (10,6,4,3,2,1) and not the 2010 system (25,18,15,12,10,8,6,4,2,1)

Mainly been playing co-op in F1 2012, I would really appreciate if the 2014 version had:

Option for more than 2 player, maybe up to 4 (co-op career)
Better co-op career statistics, as in 2012 there was a bug with racetimes not showing correctly during qualify/race when checking with the monitor in pit.
Possibility to see detailed info on previous races/qualifies/practice througout the season
Option for playing for several years, and keep track of previous records and stats.
Option for exporting statistics to .txt/.csv to email
Full raceweekend with p1,p2,p3,q1,q2,q3,r
Better telemetrics

Looking very much forward to a blast with F1 2014 on next gen... ;)

what codemasters has done in 2012,2013 is absolutely fine, but there are some points they could add/improve, which would be great in my opinion ;) :)

---more animations(podium), magazine texts and other things that show your victory, your brilliant job in a race. (especially when you win sth.whats really hard it should sound more "unbelievable", for example to win a race in a marussia in legend mode is harder, than a win in beginner mode in a redbull)
---more information in the team radio(positions, lap times,crashes,...) maybe a commentator before, after and in-race in special situations)
---interwievs(the other teams and drivers react positive or negative on some of your answers(e.g. arrogant or sportsmanlike) drive more aggressive vs. you( if you made them "angry")-or let you pass more easy in some situations. also your position in the championship and if you are a rookie, or an experienced driver could cause some positive or negative driving behaviour of the opponents) all in all: they like, neutral or hate you and show that on the track. see bahrain--maldonado hates guitierrez ;) :D
---podium,  and winning ceremony anthems?-constructors and driver championship trophy handover at the end of the season
---!life the live feeling!  be a f1 driver is something special!
---safety car more often(in splitscreen?)
---a new mode, where you start as a beginner team(you are the n1 driver) and have to make it to the top in 1-3 years.
---a 4 player splitscreen mode or/and 4player co-op online mode?)
---coloured cars on the minimap-either team colour(like in f1 2005) or the first 3 in the championship gold-silver-bronze(like in race driver 3)...
---tv mode like in f1 2005, 2006
---user defined grid order
---before the race show the grid order (like in f1 2002)could be animated with grid girls(like in f1 2005)
---a kind of rss feed like its in tv, so you are always informed about all positions and times. or as i wrote, the commentator can do this ;)
---highlights at the end of the race!

With all those wishes coming in, maybe a Load Module Choice was something?

"Which module do you want to be loaded:
"Inf lap, Cool off lap, Podiums", or
"Replay System, Freinds Re-invite" ?

Btw - more (intelligent) team radio: yes - but not anything near the (stupid) commentator in Grid 2 ;)

Having just seen the GRID Autosport trailer, it seems to me that it looks better graphics/engine wise than F1 2013. I reckon that 2014 should look the same, if not better than GRID Autosport. 

Having just seen the GRID Autosport trailer, it seems to me that it looks better graphics/engine wise than F1 2013. I reckon that 2014 should look the same, if not better than GRID Autosport. 
I believe they said that Autosoprt will be the last PS3/360 gen game that CM are doing so I would think F1 2014 will look better I think it's the same engine as the pervious games just tweaked a little bit and had a new career mode attached which will be moer like Grid 1 but with a less steep learning curve at least that's what I think I see from what I've read so far

each time I play 2013 I see things that could be improved so from time to time i'l drop in and add my bit.

after playing at Abu Dhabi I notice the darkness is still coming far too late compared to real life. try to make it realistic and have the cars fully under lights by lap 14-17, if its a 25% race start it in darkness under the lights it just looks so much better. the time trial used to be at night could you do that again please.

vote to kick, please can you allow the lobby host to kick out nuisance gamers or utilise the preferred player system on Xbox so they cant access the lobby.

more options on multiplayer, 10% races, ability to do 5 races in 1 online session to make a mini championship like in 2010, better matchmaking so you're racing equal opponents, 105% qualli rule would be a must for me especially online, ability to choose whether the lobby can be accessed mid session, a graphic to show how many gamers are online, we should be allowed to use any real drivers helmet online.

on helmets I would add, they are so bland and boring. can we have more life like helmets in the future please, since all the online helmets available are Bell helmets can we have different makes also, arai, schuberth etc. Also can we have some sponsorship on them too, the sponsors are all displayed on the game, the cars, the drivers helmets and the tracks so why not use them on the helmets available for gamers. obviously like in the past a lot of people would like to be able to design there own helmet so please think about that too.

if classics are back for 2014 can you take away that haze that comes over the screen when you enter classics or classic races it looks tacky makes the track and surrounding area look funny colours, please change this! and if you are feeling generous add classics to the basic game free of charge >:)

you do know you can turn that classic haze off right? just checking because you can

Grand prix

-being able to have multiple custom championships saved. It's really annoying when I set up a custom championship and I can't play anything other than that 1 championship in grand prix mode, unless I delete the current championship or switch accounts. Fifa 14 lets me have multiple custom championships going on at the same time, CM should do the same for their F1 games.
-if there's tracks other than the 2014 season tracks allow players to create custom championships that have more than 19 races.
-custom setups in OSQ.
-option to organize the grid in whatever way we want when selecting "race only", so that we can setup some interesting race scenarios.

Career

-have all qualifying lengths & all race distances.
-custom setups in OSQ.
-a championship points table similar to the one found on Wikipedia that shows every driver's finishing position in every race.
-more than 5 seasons, or maybe the option to restart career with all teams unlocked after completing a 5-year career (kind of like the "new game plus" thing that some other games have).

Time trial

-option to select dry, light rain, or heavy rain.
-option to adjust fuel load & fuel mixture.
-option to enable fuel/tyre wear.
-option to select any tyre type.

Multiplayer

-custom setups in split-screen (replace the garage thing with simple text menus if necessary).
-co-op & custom championships in split-screen/lan.
-optional qualifying in split-screen (maybe something like the trial party mode that was available in F1 2010).
-option to organize the grid in whatever order we want when selecting "race only", so that we can setup some interesting race scenarios.
-have a "serious" quick race lobby (heavy damage, realistic rules, 5-lap races) in addition to the current "demolition derby" quick race lobby.

Please have an option to skip the YDT if you know how to drive or make it better so do it in the middle of 2013 season with 2013 cars in Silverstone like real life not always Abu Dhabi.

More frequent safety cars (in Monaco any kind of crash is a safety car or RED FLAG)

Have a pre season feature part of carrer

Different pit stop times so like Red Bull=2.8 Marrusia= 3.3

Life the life aspect of carrer or even just interviews and the home screen like 2010 game 

Please add as many of theses as possible
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) 

Glad the forums are back!!!

Ok Here are a List of improvements I think this game needs

1. Lapped Cars move out the way before the corner and don't come to stand still mid corner so you loose 6 seconds
  2. AI Much better on the breaks, there is no way the AI can over take you as you can out break them way to easily
  3. Manual Pit Entry/Exit
  4. Much Much better engineer that tells you useful information
  5. If you extend your pit stop by 5 or so laps then your engineer updates your strategy i.e if you go 5 laps more then target lap he comes over saying if you can get two more laps then we can move to a 2 stop strategy etc
  6. Better road visual when it rains.  You can run around on slicks when there its loads of spray coming off the tyres when in real likfe that much spray would need wet tyres
  7. Manual Starts i.e Even if its holding a button in until the lights goes out for reaction times and if you jump the start then you get a drive through
  8. Safety Car.  Youc ant over take or bunch up when the safety car goes in its just follow the leader.  This should also be manual when the after cars comes out
  9. 5 Minutes race highlights after the race
  10. Longer Reply options.  You might of pulled off a great over take but only get 4 seconds of reply so time you finish the move the reply has missed it
  11. Replay Angels.  This is always asked for make it the same as the TV coverage and don't go to a "Wheel" shot when in a chicane or some thing where you are most likely to over take another car
  12. Manual drive to the grid cool down lap
  13. Show the tyres degrading from the cockpit
  14. Podiums
  15. Post Interviews
  16. Scrap the XP System.  Its does not work

There are my ideas :-)