Sign in to follow this  

Would you pay for a full BTCC expansion pack?

I would happily pay the same as I pay the same as I paid for my pre-order PC version from ShopTo.net, £21.85, for a full BTCC car and track expansion pack because it's my favourite racing series, would you? Of course that would be more than it should cost but I'm just expressing how much I love BTCC.

i would much rather see the current WTCC lineup if anything, prefer international motorsports over any localized or national events. such a focused DLC would never do, as it would only appeal to a small group of people. such a pack would most likely include cars from the wtcc and btcc for cat c, maybe the maserati or jag in cat b, or some other touring car addition. however, if its in a touring car focused pack that has expansions for class c, class b, and the Australian v8s (we need the new volvo wink wink nudge nudge!) i would not complain, as such a pack would suit not just you with your btcc, but other touring car fans who may prefer faster or more competitive classes (online in game, having not seen BTCC in a few years, i have no clue if its as competitive as the WTCC).

WTCC is almost dead. Citroën with deep pockets and teams leaving due to the immense costs. 3 manufacturers and a dull ruleset. BTCC would be the better choice together with the TC2000. The upcomming TC3 could be an interesting one for the future. I would have no problem with paying for a full BTCC 2014/2015 addon. Oh and BTCC is one of the most compétitive classes in the world due to it's great and affordable ruleset!

I'm not paying for any DLC don't agree with it. Don't mind it to extend the life of a game a long way after release, but if it's pre-planned DLC it should be in with the price of the game.

I dont think it is the content I want.

Grid is still lacking of certain mechanics to support proper BTCC which at the end, I rather have a mix of interesting cars than a racing league.

I know many gamers like to play a game from start to finish and then move on to the next but sometimes I just like to race and in the same way I like to play the upcoming English Premiership games on Saturday mornings I would also like to play (race) the upcoming circuits for the BTCC.  It means when I watch it I'm more familiar with the track and I then find that watching the races and playing the game both make each other experience more enjoyable.

I used to and still do sometimes play Simbin's GTR and WTCC games but I find the balance between sim/arcade in the Codies games more to my liking and if I'm honest my ability.

I have watched V8 Supercars and DTM but I think the number of manufacturers in BTCC and the 3 race/event format make it the most exciting and enjoyable for me.

devs need first to fix save corrupt, cash lost, bot bug online, cameras and other issues.
and when community say "no bugs" they can do dlc (but dlc is sh*t as we all know, it separetes ppl)

No.  I don't want a hashed BTCC dlc edition crammed over the top of Autosport that caters for so many disciplines.  I'd much prefer a standalone touring focused and optimised BTCC game in a couple of years time, with the AI perfected for touring, a full compliment of BTCC circuits and a career management system to match.

I agree generally that in-app purchases and DLC are wrong in principle.  Much better to pay for the whole game outright from the beginning and would also agree that a standalone BTCC game would be best but I just can't imagine Codemasters bringing one out.  Maybe MIlestone/Blackbean will pick it up as they seem to be getting a lot of the motorsport franchises these days.

I play Real Racing 3 and GT Racing 2 on my tablet the maximum single transaction purchase is 69.99 GBP for both.  I have no idea who would want to pay that much to play a game on a tablet when full games on a PC can be bought for a third of the price.  At least with Grid A you do start out with a complete game. 

As for fixing bugs, it most certainly should be a priority but I would think that creating cars and tracks would be handled by different parts of the team.  Anyway it's good to hear some other opinions. 

If it added more cars to the Cat C category and a couple of new tracks I'd be happy with the
  • MG
  • Vauxhaul
  • Audi
  • Mercedes
Tracks
  • Croft
  • Thruxton
  • Oulton Park
  • Silverstone
Obviously you can use those tracks for other disciplines, but I'd be happy to have those added.

Also would like a new F1 game announced, then Dirt & then a touring car focus Grid Game 

well F1 2014 is next on CM's list they just have4n't officially announced or given details yet but I suspect it won't be too much longer before they break silence on that.

I couldn't care less about a full BTCC pack... Touring is only one fifth of the game. I'd rather have few new cars (and tracks) for every discipline than many and  tracks for touring cars only.

well F1 2014 is next on CM's list they just have4n't officially announced or given details yet but I suspect it won't be too much longer before they break silence on that.
I thought they'd maybe do something with the British GP.

I do want to preface my previous comment by saying I'd prefer those games over a DLC.
Wouldn't say no to some btcc/v8 themed DLC in the interim though to tie me over until then.

Yes for sure and not only BTCC. I'd pay for WTCC or DTM or the Australian V8 or even an F3 expansion. Not too bothered about a certain racing series but it would mean more tracks which is what I'd like to see.

I never owned TOCA Race Driver 3 but I found out it had a very nice selection of tracks.

I thought they'd maybe do something with the British GP.

I do want to preface my previous comment by saying I'd prefer those games over a DLC.
Wouldn't say no to some btcc/v8 themed DLC in the interim though to tie me over until then.
I think a few people did but I don't think it'll be much longer. I'm pretty suer they'll release something this month it's just a case of waiting for it.

we just need a wtcc/btcc/v8 supercars game. go back like TOCA was. none of this crappy americanised cars/tracks etc. they make f1 games. they make rally games. so why not a touring game?? people want real tracks not made up rubbish

I'm still a fan of Toca RD3.  I would love a multi-series track racing game from Codemasters with the touring cars you mentioned plus maybe Clio cup a few open wheel series would be great to, Formula Ford and a few mothers just like RD3.

sgll said:
we just need a wtcc/btcc/v8 supercars game. go back like TOCA was. none of this crappy americanised cars/tracks etc. they make f1 games. they make rally games. so why not a touring game?? people want real tracks not made up rubbish
I do like that autosport ring though :D
Totally agree, forza & grand turismo have this road car thing down, ea have the mod thing down with need for speed and burnout etc.
There needs to be a game that focus's on the real world championships but the way grid goes about it. Use the cars, from real world but made up teams if the licensing is too much.

TL77 said:
Yes for sure and not only BTCC. I'd pay for WTCC or DTM or the Australian V8 or even an F3 expansion. Not too bothered about a certain racing series but it would mean more tracks which is what I'd like to see.

I never owned TOCA Race Driver 3 but I found out it had a very nice selection of tracks.
I think, RD3 hat THE best trackseletion of every single racing game so far.
Every DTM Track, every V8SC track, some internationals. REAL tracks, that challenge the driver, not that Tilke stuff from Formula 1.

I really don't care about the cars, I think there's plenty of choices for every category. If I look at CatC, there's already 70% BMWs, 25% Chevys online. Just a bunch of people driving the Civic or Focus. So adding more cars would probably add nothing real to the game, except a few laps with these and then back to the old ones.
IF new cars, all of them should be so perfectly balanced, that there's virtually no difference in laptime. And .5secs is not nothing. :D

Tracks are important. These tiny tracks in GB, Australia and Sweden! are simply awesome, on top the best of the best... Road America, Zandvoort!!!, Laguna Seca.
THAT I would pay for. Not a single penny for any new car that in the end rots in the garage. At least when I remember how it was done in GRID. The Volvo C30 we got couldn't be used online, not in career, simply nowhere. 

But so far I like the choice of tracks. Sure there are many many variations of one of the same, but they are interesting to drive, so that's fine for me.

I voted yes to being prepared to buy a BTCC download but I would now like to say that CM will never, ever, be getting another penny of my hard earned money following the on-going fiasco with the corrupt save data