Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 Grand Prix Du Canada 2016

Vettel legit lost this race to Ferrari, how tf did that even happen?

Mexicola said:
Really milking the Ali caper.

Also, Rosberg sucks.
Worrys me that many F1 fans think he's the best driver on the grid where he wasn't anywhere untill Mercedes in 2012

Jiggy said:
Vettel legit lost this race to Ferrari, how tf did that even happen?
The final corners three lock ups cost him about 5-6 seconds the gap was 5.5 so it would have been a very close race otherwise Seb did lose it though better luck next time I guess

I really hate races where the excitement is only in the anticipation of a good race. How Ferrari lost that I will never understand. 

The only racer today was Verstappen. Everyone else seemed to just be managing. Rosberg tried but that was all negated when he couldn't pass Verstappen.. and then completely blew the pass. 

How Ferrari lost that race:
Throwing away track position
Two mistakes by Vettel
A uneeded extra stop
Consistency by Hamilton.

Bit of a dull race for 2016 standards but still not too bad overall. Very happy for Lewis with a flawless drive, and Rosberg lol. Verstappen defended like a pro, could not have done anything better so I was pleased he finished ahead of Nico, and great to have Valtteri on the podium again!

Also, Michael Douglas was fantastic asking the questions on the podium, please can we have him again!!

Ferrari are just incapable of doing anything right. For the second time this year they have track position over Mercedes' and decide the best course of action is to go for a strategy that requires them to overtake to win. Vettel's mistakes don't even need to be mentioned, it made no difference what so ever and he was almost 60 seconds ahead of Raikkonen on an identical strategy...

Shout out to all the Hamilton fans though screaming that the title was over after 3 races. As I put in a post at the time, anyone who truly thought that maybe hasn't actually watched a full F1 season before. Rosberg's hobby is getting pushed off the track at turn 1. 

Problem with Nico is, instead of backing off in such a situation and maybe lose just 1 place, he sticks it around the outside until he has to go to the grass which costs him so many more places. For a driver who was considered to be cerebral, that's quite embarassing.

Rosberg is a bigger bottle job than  Arsenal...                   

Seagull-gate:

https://streamable.com/q5xd

Lewis and Seb get along so well. Noticed that for a while now.

Seagull-gate:

That is a brilliant piece, more of this please F1!

Seagull-gate:

I honestly hope they never become teammates :p It'd ruin something special ;)

Ferrari messed up big time though a use remember what they should have learnt from the last races, the Mercedes is rubbish in dirty air and what do they do go onto a two stop and lose track position. Well done Ferrari 

As has been explained, it wasn't Ferrari fault, it was the evil seagulls  :D

Problem with Rosberg is that he's a pansy. Yeah, pansy is the word.

Knew he was not going to win the championship when he moved over for Hamilton in Monaco. Definitely not an alpha male. Should call him Betaberg.

Ferrari must have been taking tips from Williams' strategy department.

Seagull-gate:

Kind of reminds me of Mika and Michael, except a bit more pronounced. I'd like to think since Lewis has found himself in the position Seb was during his time at Red Bull, he's got a greater appreciation and understanding of what it was like for him when he was dominating. Also since Seb has moved to Ferrari and has been moderately successful, I'd say he probably rates him higher as a driver as well and the respect between them has grown. Because Lewis did occasionally like to take a dig during 2010-2013. 

As as for them ever being teammates, I don't see it at this point unfortunately. It's been reported in the last few weeks that Vettel is already trying to extend his contract till 2020, and Lewis has said quite a few times he's not really interested in driving for Ferrari. These are the only two teams they could realistically team up at as I don't see Seb returning to RB or Lewis to McLaren. But you never know in F1.