Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Racenet Challenges Week 2

What does everybody think to this weeks challenges? Im really struggling with the Lola to pass the field quickly enough to begin to put in fast laps. It seems to be the same for the Endurance and Party mode too, the AI players just bully me off the track and brake waaaaay too early which means I have to go stop with them, go wide (or off the track) or plough into the back of them... any thoughts?

I managed to get platinum on the others (videos below if anybody interested) 

Tuner: http://youtu.be/O3FC_Or_KdE
Street: http://youtu.be/5U0Pt6WjeM8
Touring: http://youtu.be/mSxlVx6UqCY
Endurance: http://youtu.be/dyZA3GsL1Is
Random: http://youtu.be/DLFsB5v6Q-8
Just race dirty. They're just AI, and you don't accumulate damage, so use them as brakes and turning barriers. At least that's what I did. In the open real race, I was in second after the second turn. Party mode race, I was on the lead by the end of the first lap. I felt like that was the only way I was gonna plat that one, too.
bash em' bash em' all! I don't know how many times I had to restart a challenge because the AI is just vicious. Even if you have them dead to rights entering a corner they slam the crap out of you just for giggles. Seems they've used the same Demolition AI for all other disciplines. 
Yeah me too TUSMBOX I did the same for party mode I'm beating u on that and the street event but can't near u on touring and tuner I think I'm ahead of u on endurance so its 3 each. I know yr a beast so I usually use u as my benchmark. Remember u from grid 2
Oh, why, thank you. I guess now I have to try even harder.
Touring is really easy to platinum, and can be done with many seconds to spare. I found Open Wheel to be pretty easy as well, as I platinumed it without really even getting to know the track really well. Street is also really easy. I found Endurance difficult and I gave up. I always ran out of time at pretty much the exact same spot whether or not I tried to conserve tires. Didn't even attempt Tuner. I platinumed the Party one after a lot of frustration because of how dirty the AI was. After which I found out that you don't even get XP for it, only money, and not even very much money.

I was disappointed this time that I didn't get the XP bonus for platinum for a lot of those challenges.
Yeah most are easy to get platinum, but then its all about improving the scores to get up on the leaderboard. Just can't do the endurance. Not even close. I'd like to see a vid of that if anyone has one. Also it levels u up some for MP and I've hardly played MP due to my addiction to the challenges
The endurance one is BS, the top guy cheated and made getting platinum impossible in the loaner car as he has over 70,000ft, I'm 21st in a close bunch but still miles of platinum, I hoped they would have fixed this after being denied winning some of them in Grid 2 because of cheaters but alas looks like there is no point trying again.
Yeah most are easy to get platinum, but then its all about improving the scores to get up on the leaderboard. Just can't do the endurance. Not even close. I'd like to see a vid of that if anyone has one. Also it levels u up some for MP and I've hardly played MP due to my addiction to the challenges

It's kind of late but I shared on the forum for quite awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waLDQpgTDI8

Check often the video tread so you may find videos of some of the racenet run. They may come out randomly by users who feel to share.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/692/grid-autosport-videos-and-screen-shots-thread#latest
The endurance one is BS, the top guy cheated and made getting platinum impossible in the loaner car as he has over 70,000ft, I'm 21st in a close bunch but still miles of platinum, I hoped they would have fixed this after being denied winning some of them in Grid 2 because of cheaters but alas looks like there is no point trying again.
How is one user making platinum impossible? Sure, you probably won't get THE best time, but that's not what you have to beat, just the fixed goals.
Anyway, I find it kind of funny, that I make sh*tloads of money there and it's gone by the end of the week just for upkeep of my own car. ^^

@MrDeap
What is that view in the top left of your video? Was that edited in afterwards or is there any mod to get a second window right in the game?
Photonik said:
@MrDeap
What is that view in the top left of your video? Was that edited in afterwards or is there any mod to get a second window right in the game?
It's done with Adobe Premiere Element. I recorded with MSI afterburner while I was racing & the replays. The 3rd person view is to show when I am braking.
Photonik said:
How is one user making platinum impossible? Sure, you probably won't get THE best time, but that's not what you have to beat, just the fixed goals.
Anyway, I find it kind of funny, that I make sh*tloads of money there and it's gone by the end of the week just for upkeep of my own car. ^^

@MrDeap
My bad I thought the platinum time/distance was dictated by the top scores, just realised I was thinking of Rayman Legends :)) .
TUSMBOX said:
Top 6% across the board, top 1% in touring, didn't get paid a penny. Why is this game screwing me over so badly?

I got a good 500k out of it but I think it is broken because I have just got platinum on all the events and only one of them gave me the platinum bonus and the party mode just quits straights back to the challenges page when I complete it.
On these week 2 challenges I got: Touring top 1% Endurance top 3% Openwheel top 1% (rank16) Tuner top 3% Street top 3% Party top 1% (rank 13) I earned 100k for the 1%s and 85k for the 3%ers good enough for me This in on ps3, I consider myself to be an average player and if I'm getting that high up I don't think there can be that many hacking. Also I know some of the racers above me and they're legit
I earned 435,000 for Week 2... I think they're ALOT harder this week, its almost as if they have made these ridiculously hard as a test...
Earning Platinum was way easier this week. Being in the top spot amongst players is only harder, 'cause more players doing them now and getting better. Still I managed 3 Top 1% this week (and hope they'll last - so, everyone, please don't try anymore :D ) and the rest top 10% or better. If it's time trial, use the ghost of a better one. In a race, as always, if not first after 4 corners, try again. ^^
Endurance actually surprised me, as it is the exact same challenge as week one.