DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 weeks. No definitive answer. Shambles.

People may not have seen the increasingly irritable mutterings of the PS4/T300 users for a while, and that's because all the threads were closed, the last remaining one dumped into a different part of the forum, and then seemingly ignored.
Well done Codemasters for shepherding the conversation off into a cul-de-sac where it's been left to die, all the while pretending to everyone else like the problem doesn't exist.
I know we're a 'niche' portion of the overall consumer base for this game, but there's no getting away from the fact that Codemasters have failed here. Failed firstly to release the game in a fully working state, and secondly, to manage the issue by giving us little to no information. 
If this was anything other than a videogame and such an oversight was made, there would be a product recall to fix the issue, but as we're not a large enough proportion of the overall users, it's obviously not been deemed important enough to fix. It wouldn't make financial sense to them to re-release a product based on a small percentage of people with an issue. A half-hearted attempt to explain that the problem was possibly unfixable was issued over a week ago, which doesn't fly, as the issue isn't present on XboxOne or PC. This just means not only are Codemasters not capable of releasing a product that works, they're liars too, they just don't to admit it, and feel that keeping us hanging on is a better way to ride out the problem, when really, they have no intention of fixing it as far as I can tell. They've been very careful in saying that they can not and will not promise a fix, yet still we're asked to wait. And what happens when you eventually tell us you won't fix it? When we've waited so long that not only can we not return the game, it's also next to worthless if we try and sell it on?
So apologies to all of you not affected by this issue who are enjoying the game - I'm sure, based on your enjoyment, that it really is a great game, but because I'd been waiting patiently to play it in the manner I expected of it when I bought it, and because I've become increasingly frustrated by the paltry details that have been drip-fed out over the last 10 weeks, my enjoyment of the whole thing has been ruined.  My purchase of the wheel was partly in anticipation of being able to play it, especially when reviews like IGN's stated that the game was played on the PS4 with the T300 and no comment of the issue was made, I feel I've invested a bit more into it than just the cost of the game itself. Sadly that's proved to be a waste of money and time. A real shame.

My10 said:
Well done Codemasters for shepherding the conversation off into a cul-de-sac where it's been left to die, all the while pretending to everyone else like the problem doesn't exist.
Well done for acting like an ignorant kid.

They put the thread to a section on the forums it was suited more (technical assistance) and informed many times that they are working on the fix and it most likely will come in the next patch.
Those things take time and believe it or not, but there are other issues and improvements they are working on at the same time. They want to not only put them into one packet but also thoroughly test the fixes.

Some people really need to take their head out of... certain spot and start actually utilizing the brain that they supposedly have.

When they don't fix it I'll come back to hear your comments Ryu - could be a while.

and they put it into the suggestion box, not even technical assistance, or that was the last place I was given any information in, so check your information before wading in suggesting I've got my head up my arse... and you're calling me the kid? 

My10 said:
When they don't fix it I'll come back to hear your comments Ryu - could be a while.
So that means when they'll fix it you won't come back? Great, Codies, that's one hell of a motivation to release that fix as soon as possible :p

why else would I be on this forum if I didn't want them to fix it?

Ha, well they must listen to you because they've moved it from suggestion box now, the most pro-active movement on the topic I've seen for a while.

My10 said:
Ha, well they must listen to you because they've moved it from suggestion box now, the most pro-active movement on the topic I've seen for a while.
They just moved it like last week... and like Ryu said, in most of the threads, along with the roadbooks where they say what they're working on, they confirmed they're working on it. Don't know what else to tell you. Maybe you should check your facts first, hmm?

Sure, I didn't see them move it, they made no mention that it was being moved and I carried on checking the Suggestion Box, I'll take that one, but what I can't bear, which you seem to think is acceptable, is the length of time it's taken for anything to come of it. We were told we'd get an announcement 'really soon' from one of the moderators. That was close to a month ago. The only info we do get basically says that they probably won't fix it. It's been worked on 'as a priority' for nearly 6 weeks. When are they just going to come out and admit they're not doing it. How long should we wait for this? 
It's the defense of the company that really winds me up - if I went in to a restaurant, ordered a meal that cost £50 and there was something rotten in the meal, as a customer, I'd be fully within my rights to complain and I'd can't imagine too many people would be defending the restaurant for their fault. Why is it any different here? I've paid £50 (or close to) I haven't gotten what I feel I should have. How long is too long to wait? The sequel will be out before they fix this.

My10 said:
When are they just going to come out and admit they're not doing it. How long should we wait for this? 
They won't come out with that, because they are working on it. The announcement from the moderator was about the Road Book entry, where it was pointed they are working on it and they will deploy that fix along with ALL THE OTHERS. Patience is a virtue.

Also, did you really compared a restaurant to a game developer? It takes about 20 minutes for the restaurant to provide with the food, while it takes over 2 years to release a game. No one says you can't complain, but you're just acting like an ignorant kid who didn't got his candy at this point. The issue has been noted and information about a fix has been given. If we follow your logic though you're blaming a game developer for issues with a 3rd party hardware. That's like complaining to a restaurant about a spoon you brought with yourself which then doesn't really work well.

People these days...

As far as I'm concerned I'm acting like a consumer who's bought a faulty product - restaurant, game developer, I couldn't care less. I'm just sorry to have besmirched your beloved 'Codies'. And they're the ones that made the error in coding the FFB, so you can't blame it on the 3rd party manufacturer of the wheel so your spoon analogy doesn't work either.

People these days...

@My10 - Personally, I completely get why you're frustrated. To put it mildly. I don't know why there are some who jumped down your throat, I don't really agree with that at all, because I'm sure whomever would be beside themselves in the same situation. Empathy people, empathy.

I'm a PS4 player although I use different hardware. I can only say that I have faith that Codies will eventually come up with a solution to your problem and while you're frustrated now, once you get to actually ripping some stages up I can say without a doubt that the wait will have been well worth it. I know that that's kinda cheap right now and I wish it weren't so...but once it's fixed (and again, I have the utmost faith that it will be) you're gonna dig it. For your back pocket, I have over 40 titles in my PS4 library, and DiRT is the only game I've put in my machine since April 5th.

I'm sorry it's not working out. I hope you can be racing soon. When that happens...join the CRAP Dirt League, and I'll see you the stages (PS4 handle is Dice73AF)

Anyway, I'd rather not spend my time getting even more irritated by the topic, they won't fix it, they've got people like you who'll defend them even when they don't, I can't be bothered any more 

@Habsolute You're on. If they ever fix it I'll treat you to the DLC

My10 said:
@Habsolute You're on. If they ever fix it I'll treat you to the DLC
There is no DLC... and the restaurant analogy was weird. You come barging in saying they haven't made a comment about it, we say they did, and we're overreacting? And considering it is an issue with one specific wheel type, and actually, only certain wheels inside of that, it seems like a Thrustmaster issue, which, with the two wheels I bought that burnt themselves out in about 20 minutes, I'd agree with.

I never said they haven't made a comment, I said the comments they have made have been vague and sporadic, and suggestive of the fact that a fix is unlikely. There's no point arguing with a sycophant, so I'll just concede defeat. This fix is never coming, it would have come by now. If I get proved wrong no one will be happier than me, but just consider for a moment if it doesn't come, what then? 
Why waste your time arguing against something that doesn't even concern you anyway? Other than defending Codemasters, there's no need for your opinion on this topic, and if that's all your here to do then there's no hope for you.

And by the by, as long as you keep arguing back, you're keeping the thread going, so thanks

I have absolute faith this will be fixed. Just a matter of when, I actually still play with the poor force feedback but it doesn't bother me to the point that I won't play the game. I have noticed some cars are better than others and even different locations have been different. Try to stay positive mate and I completely understand where you are coming from I can sense you are passionate about the game that's what makes it worse. 

Just to let you all know, we're still working through this problem with the weak FFB. We haven't forgotten about it in the slightest, but it's proving to be quite the complex issue. I'll bring more to you guys once I have it, but the studio's still on the case.   
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/189269/#Comment_189269

Thanks TurboDevin, I did see that.
I'm just not sure they 'can' fix it. Look, I appreciate the response, but this could still carry on for weeks. It should never have gotten through testing. It's one of the most popular wheels on the most popular platform that the game is released on, with hundreds, if not thousands or users who will be affected by it. The simple fact is that most of those people will probably just think that's what it's supposed to be like and accept it, which is doing the game a huge dis-service.
I'll keep my mouth shut and check back occasionally, but the expectation should be that this is fixed, not the hope.

My10 said:
And by the by, as long as you keep arguing back, you're keeping the thread going, so thanks
No problem. I'm not defending them, just saying it's been talked about. It's not our fault that you haven't been keeping up with it. Unless I misread, Dgeesi0 found out via twitter that a patch is coming this week, so hold on to your butts.

I've kept up with it where I can. I know it's been commented on at various points across the forum, but you guys have said it was mentioned in the road book and patch notes and I'd disagree. This specific PS4/T300 issue has not been mentioned in any of the actual road book or patch notes that I've seen. A separate FFB issue was mentioned in the last patch notes thread, as well as something saying 'other fixes' but nothing actually detailing that this was something being addressed.
In fact, in the last patch notes thread, the very first response is asking about the lack of information about the T300/PS4 fix, which gets no answer, even when other subsequent questions do. Hence the feeling of being ignored. When there eventually is a comment about it, it's a comment that says that they can't comment on it, so that's not exactly that helpful.
Separate posts from ChristinaMC and the other forum moderator have mentioned the issue, but it was never part of official announcements, always just responding to us after we'd made a fuss in increasingly disparate and angry threads, many of which were then closed. This is why we got frustrated, and this is why it felt like it was being marginalised.
So when we get told to expect an update 'really soon' and then the subsequent road book\patch announcement doesn't list the issue, it's irritating.
If I've missed something blatant then so be it and I'll put my hands up, but other than setting up camp in this forum (which no one wants, let's face it) I don't think I'll be able to catch everything. 

The worst part for me is actually the wheel not centering itself. Hairpins are arduous, dreaded turns, frantically trying to straighten the car manually. Really stuffs up the stage. I remain positive it will be rectified. It's a big oversight 

Are you serious? Nowhere in any of that is T300/PS4 mentioned. I thought you were writing that to prove my point, I was about to thank you! 

The only thing that really makes reference to it is her most recent post, which, concidentally or not, came after this thread. You've just listed comments about a patch coming which is not the same thing:

Hi all, thanks for your patience with this. We've been collating everyone's feedback since launch - and now we're poised to push out a patch in the next week or two, we can talk a little more about what we'll be fixing and what will need more attention from us. At the moment, this is one of the issues we're not confident on a fix for just yet (hence why it wasn't mentioned in the notes for the forthcoming patch) - but we are aware of it, and we are investigating it. 

The “thrust” of  it is that certain wheels have completely different behaviours for force feedback linearity. Your wheel manufacturers might be able to recommend you some in-game settings for their wheels in the mean time, but we'll have some more information on this very soon.

And as soon as I have that info, I'll be right back here with an update. 

By her own admission it's not in the patch details. That was posted on the 31st of May. So jog on, you don't know what you're talking about.