DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 weeks. No definitive answer. Shambles.

Do you think the patch will come out before  the Lizard People come back and take over the planet?
Nah, Captain Kirk got rid of them a long time ago. Here are the historical documents,
https://youtu.be/IDD3-2_wLR8

Do you think the patch will come out before the first people will land on the moon?

Oh wait...

Do you think it would be possible to be patient and use a controller in the meantime  :#

My10 said:
People may not have seen the increasingly irritable mutterings of the PS4/T300 users for a while, and that's because all the threads were closed, the last remaining one dumped into a different part of the forum, and then seemingly ignored.
Well done Codemasters for shepherding the conversation off into a cul-de-sac where it's been left to die, all the while pretending to everyone else like the problem doesn't exist.
I know we're a 'niche' portion of the overall consumer base for this game, but there's no getting away from the fact that Codemasters have failed here. Failed firstly to release the game in a fully working state, and secondly, to manage the issue by giving us little to no information. 
If this was anything other than a videogame and such an oversight was made, there would be a product recall to fix the issue, but as we're not a large enough proportion of the overall users, it's obviously not been deemed important enough to fix. It wouldn't make financial sense to them to re-release a product based on a small percentage of people with an issue. A half-hearted attempt to explain that the problem was possibly unfixable was issued over a week ago, which doesn't fly, as the issue isn't present on XboxOne or PC. This just means not only are Codemasters not capable of releasing a product that works, they're liars too, they just don't to admit it, and feel that keeping us hanging on is a better way to ride out the problem, when really, they have no intention of fixing it as far as I can tell. They've been very careful in saying that they can not and will not promise a fix, yet still we're asked to wait. And what happens when you eventually tell us you won't fix it? When we've waited so long that not only can we not return the game, it's also next to worthless if we try and sell it on?
So apologies to all of you not affected by this issue who are enjoying the game - I'm sure, based on your enjoyment, that it really is a great game, but because I'd been waiting patiently to play it in the manner I expected of it when I bought it, and because I've become increasingly frustrated by the paltry details that have been drip-fed out over the last 10 weeks, my enjoyment of the whole thing has been ruined.  My purchase of the wheel was partly in anticipation of being able to play it, especially when reviews like IGN's stated that the game was played on the PS4 with the T300 and no comment of the issue was made, I feel I've invested a bit more into it than just the cost of the game itself. Sadly that's proved to be a waste of money and time. A real shame.

Mate, you know and I know this is not going to be fixed anytime soon, by which time the game will be worth £3 on a trade in at Game and Dirt 2 Rally promotional material we coming out spouting how great it is blah blah.... 

The same thing happened in F1 2015, yet again T300 issues which resulted in the game freezing for a few seconds then speeding up as if it was catching up with itself. I and many others took to the forums to get answers, but all we were told it is that they are aware. It only took about 15 posts and calls plus emails to Codies. 

The game was advertised with in season updates to reflect the real season in game, then months after the release which was literally broken on release in more ways than one, we get told the in season updates won't be coming to the game. now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not false advertising? Surely they knew at some point it wasn't going to happen, but we won't say anything just yet as we are still selling copies. 

And you may ask what has this to do with Dirt, well plenty actually. This company in recent times has operated under a new business ethos of "sell first, fix issues later" Now many will say bugs arise, and are missed during the testing pre-release, but a bug of this magnitude being missed on one game, but now two. Come on it isn't acceptable. 

So many of you seem to jump to Codies defense and won't have a bad word said against them, even if the comment is constructive. And why is this, quite simply because you are not affected. We are told to shut up, sit there waiting in the shadows, waiting for the glimmer of hope that is a patch release not mentioning the aforementioned FFB bug. We are told, we are rude, I was even branded a sexist by one forum member as I had expressed dissatisfaction with how this matter had been handled, and that as the @ChristinaMc was female that in some way had meant I was a bully! 

It's appalling how genuine gripes are attacked with such venom. Like @My10 whom I fully agree with, has again been essentially beaten back by the villagers for daring to raise an issue that has been poorly handled. 

If like me you enjoy sims I physically can't use a controller for driving games. I didn't buy a rig costing over £700 to be told that I should use a controller for a game that is marketed as a sim. 

@RinusRally you Sir are a genuine cretin and have on numerous occasions waded in to posts with nothing relevant to say, but to try and assert your perceived alpha male complex. If you are not affected by the issues that myself and others are then either read and empathize and move on, or better still put yourself in the shoes of those that have what is essentially a great game marred by a serious bug. 

Well, I think I have gone on long enough, and I'm sure you are tired after reading my drivel @RinusRally, if you ask mummy nicely, she might left you stay home from school and have a beaker of milk and a nap. If you think I'm speaking to you like an infant, then let me assure you.... I am. 

I'm sure you and the other obnoxious posters on this thread have never had reason to complain, and why should Codemasters fix bugs in a timely fashion when they have their loyal defense line of minions to protect their honour. 

@RinusRally I award you the Keyboard Warrior of the Year 2016 Medal of Honour, for protecting Codemasters reputation to the bitter end. You dared where others dare not tread. From the comfort of your single room in your parents house, adorned with posters of Chesney Hawkes and Westlife, you dared to battle against the ancharists such as @My10 using nothing but your fingers and a keyboard. 

KK78 said:
Do you think it would be possible to be patient and use a controller in the meantime  :#
I hope your comment was irony ? If it's serious then I'm speechless !

You know, at first I was fine with the new PS4 guys, then they made countless threads about the same things, and now were just left with these guys... No ones defending CM, just pointing out that hey, they did talk about it. And again, it's only certain people with these particular wheels that have a problem, not even everyone with the specific wheel. I still blame TM for making crap products. And you did insult Christina for being a woman, I remember that, so not really surprised someone called you sexist.
Also, cretin as Rinus may be, he's come out against CM on many a occasion. I also like how you just pulled up two responses to threads that didn't need them by going in angrily and shouting.

KK78 said:
It's been like 2 months so for those that don't have an Xbone or PC,  no it's been long enough. I tried the controller on my PS4 version for laughs and found it horrid. I went right back to my Xbone and was able to recover from my horrible ordeal. I feel bad for the ones who only have a PS4 I feel bad that I had to buy 2 games to play DR. So I flushed $60.00 down the toilet, How about if  CM buys back all the defective  PS4 copies from us or let us trade them in for F1 2016 when it comes out? Man you some of you guys are just bending over backwards to give them a pass on this one, you must have a different wheel so it doesn't really affect you.

We're not giving them a pass, we're telling you that they acknowledged the problem already. That's it.

BadD0g said:
We're not giving them a pass, we're telling you that they acknowledged the problem already. That's it.
Okay thanks for acknowledging that they acknowledged it. So you have the PC version?

Bloody hell. Can the moderator lock this thread. It's going nowhere. And all the questions have been answered several times over.

I'd like to say the game is not defective. Just because it doesn't work with your 3rd party controller doesn't make it defective. It's like trying to use you're PS4 with a PS3 or 360 controller. Nothings defective, it's just not compatible.

Interesting I own a TX which works fantastic on the Xbone version same company that makes the 300. So if it's not supposed to be compatible then how come the T300 is listed in the wheel profiles in the game? It's a PS4  compatible device.

@JZStudios They have released a faulty product, by claiming they haven't means you are defending them

@cjl9 perhaps they should close the thread down once they finally release the information they've been saying they will do for months. 
This is just one thread. Perhaps you can just ignore this in the same way we're expected to ignore the fact we can't use one of the main reasons we bought the game.

Subaru28 said:
I have absolute faith this will be fixed. Just a matter of when, I actually still play with the poor force feedback but it doesn't bother me to the point that I won't play the game. I have noticed some cars are better than others and even different locations have been different. Try to stay positive mate and I completely understand where you are coming from I can sense you are passionate about the game that's what makes it worse. 
Sadly, I don't think you could still say that after today's patch.

My10 said:
@JZStudios They have released a faulty product, by claiming they haven't means you are defending them
Does it start? Yes. Does it run? Yes. Does it crash? No. That is not a faulty product. Again, after buying 2 wheels from TM that both lit themselves on fire, I wouldn't be surprised if it was you're wheel. Not working with a 3rd party product doesn't make a faulty product. My nephew had an iPhone cord that wouldn't charge anything unless it was turned off. iPhone was fine, crappy 3rd party cable was the problem, and as much as I like to blame Apple, it wasn't their fault.

Well, tried the new patch and found it has completely broken the game now !
No calibration available, no H pattern manual transmission, have to turn wheel 180° to make car turn 45° etc, etc. 

For Jzstudios... It seems that there is a lots of broken T300... Weirdly they work very well with every game just with Dirt rally there is a major problem... If you don t know about the subject you can just ignore it... Maybe it will be better for everyone. Same thing for Ryu.. We don t blame codemaster their game is really good but it does not work on PS4 And T300 (more or lésés the official wheel of PS4)... We paid the game And we cannot play it since its release so we are a bit disappointed.. They could have launch the game and precise that it was not playable with this wheel on PS4 but they don t... So we would like that the devs make something to solve the problem or if it comes from drivers from Thrustmaster they can contact them i think...(sorry for my english i m french)