DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 weeks. No definitive answer. Shambles.

The ice is the worst there is not much there at all but overall it was good. I will be sticking with the TX because I have more time in to the Xbone version than the PS4. I pretty much shelved my PS4 copy on the day after the launch.

Very interesting comments about the TX and T300, I also did a lot of testing with the T300 last night and have decided that I'm going to stick with the T500 as the ffb is noticeably better. The main problem that I found with T300 is there appears to be a steering dead zone that can only be got rid of by turning up the steering linearity to +5 and when you also have the wheel locked to 540 it makes the car far too twitchy but it does improve the ffb quite a bit.
The T500 on the other hand doesn't appear to have this dead zone and it makes a huge difference because when you are driving on ice and Tarmac you start to feel the resistance as soon as you start going from lock to lock and it makes it much easier to be precise with the wheel.
Ive come to the conclusion after many hours of testing the T300, T500 and G29 that Codemasters have just forgot to turn the self centering force on in the game for the T300 and G29 but the T500 appears to get around it as it's an older wheel and doesn't have PS4 mode? If you want to feel the force that's missing just try turning the wheel after you've started the PS4 but before you click on Dirt..... amazing ! then when you click to start the game this force disappears - damn.
In the thrustmaster control panel program on the PC this force can be adjusted and there is an option for it to be controlled by the game or by the wheel, when you click control by the wheel and set it between 10 and 20 you get just the right sort of resistance but unfortunately the settings you change in the control panel do not work on the ps4 or Xbox.
If you try other games such as Pcars this force is there when you start the PS4 (appears to be 100 percent force) and then when you click to start the game it reduces to what the game has it set at?
If Codies would just send out a patch with this force turned ON at a low level I reckon the ffb would be terrific?
I would be extremely interested to know if somebody reading this and plays the game on PC with T300 could go into the thrustmaster control panel and change this setting to controlled by the wheel at 15% and see what difference it makes to the game?
Sorry for the long rant but this appears to be such an easy problem for Codies to fix if only they would listen :wink:
'Update - just done a bit more on the T300 and found it seems to work best with the DOR locked to 4 flashes, the steering saturation at 100 and linearity at +8, all ffb set at max.

Ahem...BUMP.
Was told we'd be given an answer one way or the other. Never even got that. 

Shame...ding ding ding...Shame...ding ding ding.

My10 said:
Ahem...BUMP.
Was told we'd be given an answer one way or the other. Never even got that. 

Shame...ding ding ding...Shame...ding ding ding.
Your problem is that the FFB sucks in the game. It's just how the game is, the FFB isn't very good. They released a few patches.

That's not true though, because the same game with the same wheel has noticeably better FFB on the XboxOne, so it's something specific to that wheel on the PS4. Whether it's Codemasters' fault or Thrustmasters' issue is a moot point at this stage. It went from being a priority, to something we'd be let know as soon as they have any news, to something they'd inform us about once Thrustmaster gets back to them, to something that has just been ignored.

Pretty shoddy all round - suggesting there is news around the corner and then staying silent. Not the only studio to have done that recently. Must be a UK games industry tactic.

My10 said:
That's not true though, because the same game with the same wheel has noticeably better FFB on the XboxOne, so it's something specific to that wheel on the PS4. Whether it's Codemasters' fault or Thrustmasters' issue is a moot point at this stage. It went from being a priority, to something we'd be let know as soon as they have any news, to something they'd inform us about once Thrustmaster gets back to them, to something that has just been ignored.

Pretty shoddy all round - suggesting there is news around the corner and then staying silent. Not the only studio to have done that recently. Must be a UK games industry tactic.
They did release a patch and people said it was a bit better. Couldn't tell you anything more than that. Of all the games I own, DR has the weakest FFB, and everyone complains about it all the time. Do you have the game for both systems?

madwak said:
The ffb on T500 with PS4 is excellent
Did you notice any ff issues on the T500 when playing the PS4 version in the first place or was this regarding only the 300 models? 

I play DiRT on PC and PS4. I have used a T300, G29 & T500 on PS4 as I own all wheels.

I use weak FFB anyway, but on the PS4 I would run 35-40% on the self aligning torque setting for the T500 & G29. On the T300, I've had to ramp it up to 80% to get it feeling the same.