Jump to content Jump to content

10 weeks. No definitive answer. Shambles.

My10

I truly understand the frustration and I feel for you guys as the game is bloody awesome with a wheel.

Is this only affecting the T300 or do users with T150/T500 experience the same problem?
One good thing about the latest patch is that is has actually shown how many T300/PS4 users there are out there. As I said before, most people probably weren't aware it wasn't working as it should and just presumed that the FFB was a bit crap, hopefully they may now see that it should have been working (a lot) better for them in the first place.
I think it's a ploy by Codies !
They've purposely broken the FFB to make it obvious there's a problem, then when they re-instate the original [broken] FFB, people will be too scared to bring up the subject again  ;)
Joking aside, this has ruined the game for me now, I've lost confidence in Codemasters not only in their ability to release what is obviously a broken patch, but their ability to acknowledge when they've made a catastrophic error. Other threads have replies to posts by devs, community managers etc. When there's threads about the FFB issues, stony silence is the order of the day !
I remember when a certain other racing game was released last year with many bugs in it. Their head of studio was making comments and suggestions on their official forums. 

Absolutely fuming!!only bought my t300rs wheel 2weeks ago under the impression it was basically the safe "official" ps4  option only to find its completely useless with the game i bought it specifically for.seems pretty incompetant to release such a mess without a decent test.
So upon seeing this thread, and having experienced the recent PS4 update, I am severely doubtful the issues will be fixed. The fact that an issue has existed for more that 10 weeks, thats a fifth of a year, is disgusting. Leaving such an issue for so long shows that codies clearly does not have their priorities straight so stop defending them. Plenty of other studios have been able to release patches quickly to address game issues and ensure that wheels are well supported with in a handful of weeks. If they can't fix in in 4 weeks it is not going to be fixed, regardless of what marketing buzz words they use to try to make it look like they actually know what they are doing. But hey, they are only screwing over their most profitable user base.
My10 said:
Well done Codemasters for shepherding the conversation off into a cul-de-sac where it's been left to die, all the while pretending to everyone else like the problem doesn't exist.
Well done for acting like an ignorant kid.

They put the thread to a section on the forums it was suited more (technical assistance) and informed many times that they are working on the fix and it most likely will come in the next patch.
Those things take time and believe it or not, but there are other issues and improvements they are working on at the same time. They want to not only put them into one packet but also thoroughly test the fixes.

Some people really need to take their head out of... certain spot and start actually utilizing the brain that they supposedly have.
Well looks like the new patch didn't solve the issue, only made it worse. I hape they don't take this long to resolve the new issues. 
JZStudios said:
I'd like to say the game is not defective. Just because it doesn't work with your 3rd party controller doesn't make it defective. It's like trying to use you're PS4 with a PS3 or 360 controller. Nothings defective, it's just not compatible.
So you are fine with it not working with any wheels on PC then, you would still consider it a good game without any PC wheel support? Also they claim it does support the T300 on PS4, which it clearly doesn't which is lying and misinformation.
JZStudios said:
I'd like to say the game is not defective. Just because it doesn't work with your 3rd party controller doesn't make it defective. It's like trying to use you're PS4 with a PS3 or 360 controller. Nothings defective, it's just not compatible.
So you are fine with it not working with any wheels on PC then, you would still consider it a good game without any PC wheel support?
JZStudios said:
So you are fine with it not working with any wheels on PC then, you would still consider it a good game without any PC wheel support? Also they claim it does support the T300 on PS4, which it clearly doesn't which is lying and misinformation.
Not having wheel support doesn't make it defective no. Plenty of racing games don't. Sure I was disappointed that Driver San Francisco, Burnout Paradise, Flatout 2, even Mafia 2 don't have wheel support, I'm still not calling it defective. The games all still work fine.
JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
Not having wheel support doesn't make it defective no. Plenty of racing games don't. Sure I was disappointed that Driver San Francisco, Burnout Paradise, Flatout 2, even Mafia 2 don't have wheel support, I'm still not calling it defective. The games all still work fine.
What a load of rubbish , they don't have wheel support printed on the back of the game box and they are certainly not driving sims !! What a stupid thing to post
From what I've read, it appears the most recent Playstation system update has actually dramatically improved the FFB - it could well be the case that the FFB was coded correctly, but there was something inherent to the PS4 that wasn't translating the forces properly. If so, Codemasters would only have been at fault in not adequately testing the FFB (it may have worked OK on their dev kits). I only hope that whatever they've been doing to try and remedy it doesn't further break it, if it has in fact all been corrected in that system update.
That's all just speculative though - obviously it would be nice to hear from CM as to what the issue has been and why it's taking so long to sort it (if it even can be sorted...)
There's plenty of arcade games with wheel support. Look at anything by Milestone, Driveclub, Need for Speed, Project Cars... And FYI, while we went through the Early access period, of which also claimed wheel support, many wheels went unsupported for a long time and only near official release did they get those problems fixed. It took a few months, but we had this thing called patience and didn't make 16 threads about how big the D is that Codies sucks. Yeah, it's annoying, yeah, my wheel initially had problems. No, I didn't come in the forum and bitch about it every 2 hours. No, the games not defective. You guys have brought up the issue and it's being worked on. You're the most impatient people I've ever seen. To top it off, they say they have a fix in the pipeline and are immediately blasted by "Great. What else is it going to fuck up?" Why would that make them want to help you in any capacity?
My10 said:
From what I've read, it appears the most recent Playstation system update has actually dramatically improved the FFB - it could well be the case that the FFB was coded correctly, but there was something inherent to the PS4 that wasn't translating the forces properly. If so, Codemasters would only have been at fault in not adequately testing the FFB (it may have worked OK on their dev kits). I only hope that whatever they've been doing to try and remedy it doesn't further break it, if it has in fact all been corrected in that system update.
That's all just speculative though - obviously it would be nice to hear from CM as to what the issue has been and why it's taking so long to sort it (if it even can be sorted...)
It's definately improved it on mine, I've just been driving the integrale 4WD and you can even feel the difference between driving with the diff set to send most of the power to the rear against sending most to the front :smile:
One thing I have noticed is I may have got it wrong in the workaround about locking the wheel at two flashes as it still feels slightly off, I've now locked it at one flash and the car seems to go where you aim it a lot better. 
With the ffb settings all set at 150% there is far more ffb than I've ever had before with the T500, I just hope the new patch when it's released keeps the feeling the same as I'm getting now and let's us have the ffb sliders back so it can be fine tuned. 
Hengist said:
JZStudios said:
You're the most impatient people I've ever seen.
Not that I'm stating that you're guilty of this, but it would be a rash generalization to collectively tarnish everybody with the same brush.
Agreed, not all of you are bad. Honestly, why didn't people make a big stink when the game came out? There were a few mentions, but now almost every thread on the first page is someone telling CM they suck because their wheel doesn't work. Why complain about it now rather than when it released? That's what confuses me. And now they say they have a hotfix for it waiting on Sony and their still catching shit for it. My wheel didn't work for like 6 months. I just tried each update and said "Hey, my problem's still here, and this is what it's doing, and here's my sort of workaround for it." Just saying F this sheet, it's broken CM sucks, why not try to actually solve the issue without shitting on them when they make a patch.
Has anyone considered that maybe the way the wheel works is of poor design and is therefore difficult to optimize for this game. If there's a problem limited to one wheel, that shouts that the wheel is the problem, not the game.
Cry to Thrustmaster instead of insulting these devs who are putting in every effort to make a difficult product work.
Hengist said:
austinb said:
Has anyone considered that maybe the way the wheel works is of poor design 
I think that the T300 design is good. It's got brushless motors and a red light which flashes.
@Hengist Cmon mate I'm itching to know if the latest patch fixed everything for you?

Archived