Jump to content Jump to content

GRID Autosport and DiRT Showdown not installing - Steam Error 53

Hello,

I am currently stationed in Italy (maybe important later). SteamID: ikehoff.  I pre-purchased the GRID Autosport and DiRT combination and have yet to be able to play either game because of this error. Title: "Steam - Error" Body: "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for GRID Autosport. Error Code (53)" Same error for both games. I've tried disabling any and all anti-virus solutions, malware removal tools, background services and programs, etc..... I actually broke my computer trying to get this game to install and needed to run a system restore. Got a bit over zealous in the disabling/removal. I really want to play! :D Turned out to be good though, found and solved an issue with my graphics drivers!

My specs are as follows:

Operating System
Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4771 @ 3.50GHz 46 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1199MHz (10-12-12-31)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-DELUXE (SOCKET 1150) 28 °C
Graphics
DELL U2312HM (1920x1080@60Hz)
DELL U2312HM (1920x1080@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) 48 °C
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc)
CrossFire Disabled
Storage
111GB Corsair Force GT (SSD) 29 °C
2794GB Intel Raid 5 Volume (RAID)
Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I have my games stored on the Internal 3TB RAID5 array. I've also removed steam and reinstalled it. Deleted the game and attempted to reinstall it. Nothing seems to work. The only thing that comes to mind is something about being in Italy is blocking my connection to the server. These two games are the only games I have issues with. I own DiRT 3 and had zero issues installing/playing this game. Please advise.
  • 3 weeks later...