DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT Rally is too difficult.

@WestHam66 Great name! I'm fortunate to be old enough to remember when West Ham won the World Cup. And was at Wembley in '65 when we won the European Cup Winners Cup. Alan Sealey scored three times, once with his hand ala Maradona "Hand of God"

Probably be another 50 years before an England side wins the World Cup.

cjl9 said:
@WestHam66 Great name! I'm fortunate to be old enough to remember when West Ham won the World Cup. And was at Wembley in '65 when we won the European Cup Winners Cup. Alan Sealey scored three times, once with his hand ala Maradona "Hand of God"

Probably be another 50 years before an England side wins the World Cup.
After just watching their useless performance against Iceland I couldn't agree more

madwak said:

After just watching their useless performance against Iceland I couldn't agree more

The game would massively benefit from an easy / medium / hard system because the current Icelandic AI appears to be way too difficult to get to grips with

madwak said:

The game would massively benefit from an easy / medium / hard system because the current Icelandic AI appears to be way too difficult to get to grips with

If only the game warned you if you happened to place a forward as a deep lying playmaker, or on the wing, or put all your forwards on the pitch at the same time. Or reminding you to select a keeper. Things like that.

madwak said:

The England players would have benefited from the difficulty being changed to 'amateur', although that may have been a step too far

The game isn't difficult, the game mechanics are terrible. Codies won't do anything about because people are ignorant to how a car should behave it seems. 

The game isn't difficult, the game mechanics are terrible. Codies won't do anything about because people are ignorant to how a car should behave it seems. 

So you hate the game, want to return it and have made one of the most pathetic troll threads on steam this year, and now you've come here? Get a life you loser. Everyone knows you're one of those blaming the game for that they suck at it.

Lol, this game is too hard for you cry baby. Quiter. Also, good luck taking back the game. Hope your in really good with the employees. 

The game is just fine. This game is even more hardcore then what rbr ever was. This isn't a game that holds your hand. This game only rewards you when YOU do well. It's all on the driver. Unlike every other car game that's ever been released. Shame you're giving up so early. And no, you don't need a wheel to master this game. 18hrs of play and my driving has increased 20 fold. Idk where youre getting 3-500 for a wheel. A nice wheel is only $100 for xbone. He's, you can spend 3-500, but it's not needed for a nice wheel.
Source: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/169220/#Comment_169220
The irony

Lol, this game is too hard for you cry baby. Quiter. Also, good luck taking back the game. Hope your in really good with the employees. 

The game is just fine. This game is even more hardcore then what rbr ever was. This isn't a game that holds your hand. This game only rewards you when YOU do well. It's all on the driver. Unlike every other car game that's ever been released. Shame you're giving up so early. And no, you don't need a wheel to master this game. 18hrs of play and my driving has increased 20 fold. Idk where youre getting 3-500 for a wheel. A nice wheel is only $100 for xbone. He's, you can spend 3-500, but it's not needed for a nice wheel.
The irony
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo snap

edgenz said:

The irony
Has a post been removed as I can't see that? (Which is a shame, because that is quality if the above posts have both come from the same person!)

tbtstt said:
edgenz said:

The irony
Has a post been removed as I can't see that? (Which is a shame, because that is quality if the above posts have both come from the same person!)
Yeah looks like all his posts have been removed.

Yup, looks like he/she removed every post he/she made. Or it was done automatically since he/she had a lot of spam marks.

(It's at times like these I really understand why we got gender neutral "hen" pronoun in Swedish :-) )

Dytut said:
Yup, looks like he/she removed every post he/she made. Or it was done automatically since he/she had a lot of spam marks.

(It's at times like these I really understand why we got gender neutral "hen" pronoun in Swedish :-) )
In English we say "they" ;)

PaloSamo said:
Dytut said:

In English we say "they" ;)
In Polish we say "kurwa" xD

tbtstt said:
LostVengence96  in this thread.

"The game isn't difficult, the game mechanics are terrible. Codies won't do anything about because people are ignorant to how a car should behave it seems. "

LostVengence96 from the link.

"Lol, this game is too hard for you cry baby. Quiter. Also, good luck taking back the game. Hope your in really good with the employees. 

The game is just fine. This game is even more hardcore then what rbr ever was. This isn't a game that holds your hand. This game only rewards you when YOU do well. It's all on the driver. Unlike every other car game that's ever been released. Shame you're giving up so early. And no, you don't need a wheel to master this game. 18hrs of play and my driving has increased 20 fold. Idk where youre getting 3-500 for a wheel. A nice wheel is only $100 for xbone. He's, you can spend 3-500, but it's not needed for a nice wheel."

I guess he hit the skill wall at round 19 hours in

Says it all.  ;)

SkiddyMcCrash said:

"The game isn't difficult, the game mechanics are terrible. Codies won't do anything about because people are ignorant to how a car should behave it seems. "

"Lol, this game is too hard for you cry baby. Quiter. Also, good luck taking back the game. Hope your in really good with the employees. 

The game is just fine. This game is even more hardcore then what rbr ever was. This isn't a game that holds your hand. This game only rewards you when YOU do well. It's all on the driver. Unlike every other car game that's ever been released. Shame you're giving up so early. And no, you don't need a wheel to master this game. 18hrs of play and my driving has increased 20 fold. Idk where youre getting 3-500 for a wheel. A nice wheel is only $100 for xbone. He's, you can spend 3-500, but it's not needed for a nice wheel."

tbtstt said:

I guess the appeal of being challenged wore off quite quickly! 

Personally I have never played a Rally game myself. I have however driven a vehicle on Snow, Ice, Dirt, Mud, as well as through water. In my opinion I feel like driving in those conditions were easier than in Dirt Rally. This game beyond infuriates me. More than any CoD game could ever even with all the hacks and bs. I go 10mph around a corner and slide to my cars death. Or some instances going 15mph and the car does a complete 180 because of “ice” to fall down a ‘max’ five foot ravine and says my car is completely totalled. Idk where the logic of that is because I got in an accident with my dad where our truck slid down an icy hill going 30mph and slammed into a tree. We were pulled out and the truck still ran. So what crappy vehicle falls five feet and is totaled?? Never seen that happen in my life. So whomever developed this game please next time spend a bit more driving the terrain, and asking the pros as well as being at the races than looking at other games or videos on youtube... I’m only playing this for the Xbox Gamepass. Then after those exactly timed 10 hours I will be deleting the game, never playing again, and telling all that if they don’t want to have the urge to kill things then never even think of playing this game. Just made this account so I couldn’t care less if it is banned. Just voicing my opinion. Good luck and take care. 

Personally I have never played a Rally game myself. I have however driven a vehicle on Snow, Ice, Dirt, Mud, as well as through water. In my opinion I feel like driving in those conditions were easier than in Dirt Rally. This game beyond infuriates me. More than any CoD game could ever even with all the hacks and bs. I go 10mph around a corner and slide to my cars death. Or some instances going 15mph and the car does a complete 180 because of “ice” to fall down a ‘max’ five foot ravine and says my car is completely totalled. Idk where the logic of that is because I got in an accident with my dad where our truck slid down an icy hill going 30mph and slammed into a tree. We were pulled out and the truck still ran. So what crappy vehicle falls five feet and is totaled?? Never seen that happen in my life. So whomever developed this game please next time spend a bit more driving the terrain, and asking the pros as well as being at the races than looking at other games or videos on youtube... I’m only playing this for the Xbox Gamepass. Then after those exactly timed 10 hours I will be deleting the game, never playing again, and telling all that if they don’t want to have the urge to kill things then never even think of playing this game. Just made this account so I couldn’t care less if it is banned. Just voicing my opinion. Good luck and take care. 
I read the whole comment, checked the account name. I still have no idea, MakesNoSense. 

You know, when you get instaretired from falling off a cliff it's due to the car not being recoverable, not that it exploded. If you get the car down a cliff side you simply won't get back up without a tow truck, and that's game over.

As for sliding on ice, if you've driven on Monte those are pretty mcuh racing slicks on pure black ice. That's incredibly slippery.

Dytut said:
You know, when you get instaretired from falling off a cliff it's due to the car not being recoverable, not that it exploded. If you get the car down a cliff side you simply won't get back up without a tow truck, and that's game over.

As for sliding on ice, if you've driven on Monte those are pretty mcuh racing slicks on pure black ice. That's incredibly slippery.
Just check how slow Sebastien Loeb (9x World Champion) is going in the downhill icy part of the Turini...
https://youtu.be/12gK_2hGo7I

Also also, in the time it took for you to create an account and write your comment you could have done one more run on the Monte which would have gained you +0.1% skill and most likely a crash. Seriously though, DiRT Rally isn't an easy game to master so if you don't have the time or motivation to put some hours in it don't bother or accept the fact you'll never be the fastest and just enjoy the drive ;)