Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.11. Found a bug? Post it here!

Dirt rally is the best and the more realistic racing game on console... but what's happened with the patch??? I have the same problem with my Thrustmaster T300 on PS4 : unplayable, unrealistic...
The half of wheel setting disappeared?!
Please Codemasters, new update!

rodall3 said:
Dirt rally is the best and the more realistic racing game on console... but what's happened with the patch??? I have the same problem with my Thrustmaster T300 on PS4 : unplayable, unrealistic...
The half of wheel setting disappeared?!
Please Codemasters, new update!

We're working on it! As soon as we have a timeframe for when this will be fixed, I'll update you all. It's definitely a priority for us, so hope to have some more news for you very soon.

Hello to all. Me too same problem with thrustmaster t300 rs and th8a change. I can not properly configure the commands and force feedback. I deleted all the game data including saves (losing all career data ... grrrrrrrrrrr) only to discover that the problem was the 1.02 update. I can leave the game updated to version 1.02? The path that you release the I can apply above 1.02?
I wanted to ask also for the future to test the changes you make to the code ... it is not possible that the flagship model of the wheels on ps4 does not work with this game. Take more attention thanks.

My PS4 has just done a new system update and the ffb on my T300 and T500 is now better than it's ever been.

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to pass along a workaround since CodeMasters hasn't addressed this yet.  

Simply go in to your PS4 Settings > Applications Data Management, Press Options and delete the Application. NOTE: THIS WILL NOT DELETE YOUR SAVE FILES! So do not stress.

Next, make sure you go into your PS4 Rest Settings and turn off Automatic Installs on Patches. This will prevent the dreaded 1.02 Patch from Auto Installing and horking your wheel again.  Patch 1.02 will be DOWNLOADED to your PS4 but it will not automatically install. You can now play the game correctly.. BUT you will not be able to load Network Applications since you are not on the current patch. 

You will have to install the game again which takes FOREVER so fire up one of the preview levels and get your PS4 Thrustmaster back to your liking.  

Hope that will get you by while we wait for the real fix to come through. Peace out from the USA!

I'm not sure what madwak is seeing, but, for what it's worth, tried the T300 on the PS4 today after the PS4 system update and it has made no difference to the driveability- Thrustmaster products are still utterly broken.
Tried loading my pre-patch setup (which I can still see for some reason) and also the stock Thrustmaster setup, tried sliders in every position, tried wheel in everything from 360-1080 degrees. Nothing, nada. Undriveable.

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to pass along a workaround since CodeMasters hasn't addressed this yet.  

Simply go in to your PS4 Settings > Applications Data Management, Press Options and delete the Application. NOTE: THIS WILL NOT DELETE YOUR SAVE FILES! So do not stress.

Next, make sure you go into your PS4 Rest Settings and turn off Automatic Installs on Patches. This will prevent the dreaded 1.02 Patch from Auto Installing and horking your wheel again.  Patch 1.02 will be DOWNLOADED to your PS4 but it will not automatically install. You can now play the game correctly.. BUT you will not be able to load Network Applications since you are not on the current patch. 

You will have to install the game again which takes FOREVER so fire up one of the preview levels and get your PS4 Thrustmaster back to your liking.  

Hope that will get you by while we wait for the real fix to come through. Peace out from the USA!
Thanx u are my hero!

MarkSkid said:
I'm not sure what madwak is seeing, but, for what it's worth, tried the T300 on the PS4 today after the PS4 system update and it has made no difference to the driveability- Thrustmaster products are still utterly broken.
Tried loading my pre-patch setup (which I can still see for some reason) and also the stock Thrustmaster setup, tried sliders in every position, tried wheel in everything from 360-1080 degrees. Nothing, nada. Undriveable.
But did you check your advanced wheel settings?

As in "tried sliders", yes, I did. Could never dial out the enormous pool of slack at the centre but did, weirdly, manage to make the wheel oscillate constantly left and right of its own accord with one settings. Never managed that before.
It's all kinds of borked.

Hope you guys at Codemasters thought about some extra stuff like free additional cars or a new track for this time of "game withdrawal" ;-)

looking forward ...  (and hoping good news drop in before the weekend begins)

Hope you guys at Codemasters thought about some extra stuff like free additional cars or a new track for this time of "game withdrawal" ;-)

looking forward ...  (and hoping good news drop in before the weekend begins)
Who cares about free stuff, most of us just want our game back! I'll just be happy with a fix so I can play again! 

that's the basic part ... getting the game back, at least as good as it was ...

When I wrote to them June 16th they answered:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Dirt Rally.
You will need to setup your wheel again, following the update.
To do this, from the game's main menu, select "Options & Extras" then “Controls”
The only changes to controllers have been force feedback. Full details of the changes can be found here...
https://www.dirtgame.com/blog
Hope this helps.
We recommend that you use the controls on your wheel when you start up the game (you must have the D-pad section of the wheel connected if this is a separate unit). Do not use your PS4 controller at all - not even to navigate the menus.
If you continue having problems, then please contact your wheel manufacturer directly for guidance on whether there are any (firmware) updates available for your wheel.
Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services

Guess that time they didn't realize there really was sth else changed than "only ... force feedback" ...
I've sent a video of the delayed steering reactions I experienced and after that they told me

Thank you for the information, we have passed it on to the development team for investigation.
We will aim to provide fixes for any issues that we find in the game and that we can replicate here within our testing team. If this is not possible, we hope to be able to provide workarounds for any issues encountered.

I really appreciate a save new patch more than a quick solution ...
Guess they meanwhile now that every PS4-Player with a Thrustmaster Wheel can't enjoy theire game anymore at the moment ... at least the online or network part ... the workaround with going back to pre-patch version works for me ... but my effort in the montly event will be lost ... :-(

After the last update/patch for the Xbox One version, I no longer hear any call-outs from the co-driver. I do see the visual notes. I have tried to restart the console to no avail. Tried fiddling with the settings, turning co-driver volume up and down etc. Have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling as yet.

After the last update/patch for the Xbox One version, I no longer hear any call-outs from the co-driver. I do see the visual notes. I have tried to restart the console to no avail. Tried fiddling with the settings, turning co-driver volume up and down etc. Have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling as yet.
Are the audio options in your Xbox One system settings matching your sound setup?

CMMcBabe said:
Are the audio options in your Xbox One system settings matching your sound setup?
I changed the system language to English and spoken language to English (UK) (I have a Norwegian Xbox). I also uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Still there is no co-driver, sadly..

CMMcBabe said:
I changed the system language to English and spoken language to English (UK) (I have a Norwegian Xbox). I also uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Still there is no co-driver, sadly..
SOLVED: I changed my Xbox One sound output from 7.1 surround to Stereo.

Hi all, really happy to be delivering some good news to you today. The fixes for Thrustmaster peripheral hardware have been approved, and we'll be pushing the patch out at 14:30 GMT. 

I'm going to set up another discussion thread pertaining to this specific PS4 patch - so please expect to see that very soon.

Okay ... Christina ... the Thrustmaster wheel seems good now ... BUT ... as some of the other guys I can't log into RACENET ... So ... it's about as good as using the basic game version 1.00 ... everything's fine except online racing ... to bad ... :/

The same problem with not being able to log into RACENET ist posted by jwboelhout ,Turbocharl and novcze .

Is
that a new or known problem or is RACENET really down ...
I was trying for several hours now ....
And ... btw ... I checked my connections and network ... My PS4 is connecting to the Playstation Store ... so ... internet connection is not the issue ...

HELP!!!!!!

after the last update
many problems when I make recordings of my game plays with shadowplay.
when I go to see what I have recorded recording with several problems some parts are ok, but others start to the image (slow motion type) then back to normal.
On my other computer I have DirtRally old version (before update) and I record with shadowplay
without any problem.
Only
Motion blur being applied to cars in bonnet camera and in replays that is now ok in last update.