Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PIT ASSIST OFF

I noticed in the video of Ferrari at Interlagos, there was an option in the menu for turning the Pit Assist on/off.   Does this mean there will be some manual control in the pit lane?  I'll settle for just having to hit the pit limiter at the right time.  Not too much to ask is it?  Afterall, manual pit limiter and braking for the box was in 2010's game.  If you mistimed it the crew would have to reposition, costing you valuable time and potentially losing you positions.  In other words it added some much needed gameplay.  This year's game is looking awesome graphically.  Very happy with that part, but we need as much gameplay as possible.  Thank you Codies.

firezombi said:
I think it will be the same system like in F1 2015.
Wasn't 2015 an entirely automated pit stop?  Ridiculous.  The pit stop is a crucial part of the race that requires driver's skill.  To not allow any gameplay in that section would be a major missed opportunity...again!  If it's completely automated I will not be buying the game.

firezombi said:
Wasn't 2015 an entirely automated pit stop?  Ridiculous.  The pit stop is a crucial part of the race that requires driver's skill.  To not allow any gameplay in that section would be a major missed opportunity...again!  If it's completely automated I will not be buying the game.
Mate that's not a reason to not buy the game that's just pathetic. It's not game breaking neither do it make it so the game is completely un-realistic. This is being hyped to be the best game in the franchise don't take it for granted. Also I am not in doubt that they would do it either, this seems to be like f1 2010, f1 2010 was the only game to have that feature so it's a possibility.

haydn23 said:
firezombi said:
Mate that's not a reason to not buy the game that's just pathetic. It's not game breaking neither do it make it so the game is completely un-realistic. This is being hyped to be the best game in the franchise don't take it for granted. Also I am not in doubt that they would do it either, this seems to be like f1 2010, f1 2010 was the only game to have that feature so it's a possibility.
You drive from the T-Cam view don't you? 

Pit assist was in the last game too, its just the AI taking control when you left the pit lane and it kept in control of the car until you had cleared the white line re-joining the track, with it set to off you ran the risk of crossing it and getting a warning or penalty.  I agree with your post in part, for me the pit procedure requires no skill or judgement in 2015, but in my opinion it's not game breaking, just a bit frustrating!

Pit assist was in the last game too, its just the AI taking control when you left the pit lane and it kept in control of the car until you had cleared the white line re-joining the track, with it set to off you ran the risk of crossing it and getting a warning or penalty.  I agree with your post in part, for me the pit procedure requires no skill or judgement in 2015, but in my opinion it's not game breaking, just a bit frustrating!

I confident about it 

I confident about it 
Codemasters will let you know your going to love it (sarcasm) 

haydn23 said:
firezombi said:
You drive from the T-Cam view don't you? 
So what if he does Drama queen?

Boo hoo, game no let me drive in to my mechanics, boo hoo, defo not buying. Pillock.

After 6 years AUTO pit stop again?
 ¿How is possible?So 2006 had manual pit stop and 2016 game dont?This is ridicolous.
I dont know why i hope so much from codemasters...Every year the same story

-No official HUD.
-Little improvement in graphics
-Another year without real T-CAM
-Cams with breaking movement?WTF
-Experience points to upgrade the car?i havent ever seen...
-Sunset in canada or in any track of the calendar?really?
-And after 6 years AUTO PIT STOP?Amazing

Very angry and disappointed
Another person will not bought this F1 2015.5

¿How is possible?So 2006 had manual pit stop and 2016 game dont?This is ridicolous.
We can't have manual pit stops like 2006 had, due to the quicker pitstops now how can we press buttons that quickly and do it with in 3 seconds, before there was refuelling and pit stops were much more slower pace.

We can't have manual pit stops like 2006 had, due to the quicker pitstops now how can we press buttons that quickly and do it with in 3 seconds, before there was refuelling and pit stops were much more slower pace.
Why not? if you are faster than IA or other people online you can win seconds in pit stop, if not no, always the same stupid excuses, like, official HUD excuse, ridicolous.
Codemaster is like Ferrari, cheap excuses

Why not? if you are faster than IA or other people online you can win seconds in pit stop, if not no, always the same stupid excuses, like, official HUD excuse, ridicolous
You don't seem to get my point, now the pitstops are 3 or less seconds long, you cant press the buttons to lift the car, then to take the tyres off then put tyres on and put car down then release all in 3 seconds.

Why not? if you are faster than IA or other people online you can win seconds in pit stop, if not no, always the same stupid excuses, like, official HUD excuse, ridicolous
You don't seem to get my point, now the pitstops are 3 or less seconds long, you cant press the buttons to lift the car, then to take the tyres off then put tyres on and put car down then release all in 3 seconds.
Oh come on, Its enough time to press 5-6 buttons..

-No official HUD.
-Cams with breaking movement?****

Yeah, he make a nice post!

Oh come on, Its enough time to press 5-6 buttons..

How is it, you press the buttons to raise the car. You then have to press the buttons again to take tyres off, then press the buttons again to put the tyres on, then press the buttons again to put the car down, and lastly press another button for the car to go.

I hope CM have finally included more manual pitlane control, at least having to brake manually to slow down to the pit limit when entering the pits. preferably I'd also have manual control over the brakes and steering for driving to the place my pitstop takes place.

Of course they'd probably say that they worry about players purposefully crashing into other cars or pitcrew. But that is not a valid argument imho. You can easy make all other objects in the pitlane intangible, so it you try to hit them you just phase right through. And for those who still do it you can disqualify them from the race. Let's not punish the majority here who just want the full F1 experience for a few rammers that have no interest in driving an F1 car properly.

The people wanting manual pit control mean that they want to manually drive into their box after applying the speed limiter and braking at the right time. The button bashing thing was a terrible feature in the old Studio Liverpool games. The player shouldn't have any influence in the actual pit stop since that's the mechanics jobs and not the drivers.
I'm indifferent to AI control in the pits. You'll always get that one hillarious player online who will think it's still funny the 50th time to ram into you while you're in your pit box. Making cars go through eachother in the pits to avoid that is more unrealistic than having the AI do it for you in my opinion which is why I personally don't care it's AI controlled again. It's hardly a game breaker.

The people wanting manual pit control mean that they want to manually drive into their box after applying the speed limiter and braking at the right time. The button bashing thing was a terrible feature in the old Studio Liverpool games. The player shouldn't have any influence in the actual pit stop since that's the mechanics jobs and not the drivers.
I'm indifferent to AI control in the pits. You'll always get that one hillarious player online who will think it's still funny the 50th time to ram into you while you're in your pit box. Making cars go through eachother in the pits to avoid that is more unrealistic than having the AI do it for you in my opinion which is why I personally don't care it's AI controlled again. It's hardly a game breaker.
Well the person I was talking to wanted a pitstop like F1 CE, I would much rather have to drive into my own pitbox manually like most people, but not desperately button mash as quick as possible. 

They still need to make this game appeal to less die-hard fans of F1, and that's why it still has an arcade feeling to it, the whole thing with XP is to add another selling point to get more customers

The one thing that would happen if there were manual pit stops especially in career mode is people would complain that the AI is doing sub 3 second pit stops while they are up around 4 or 5 seconds.

Having to brake properly and engage a pit limiter does have some appeal, especially for Canada, but after that have no problem with it being under computer control. Gives time to have a little drink of your favorite beverage and flex your hands.

If it was like other games with no collision in pits where you can line up for you pit box as soon as you cross the pit line and drive through everyone else's pit box to me is just silly and pretty much defeats the point.

-No official HUD.

Jesus Christ f1 2006 was when FOM were less strict on this stuff. Also nothing has been confirmed that there are no manual pit stops. TV cam a possible glitch. N official HUD can be associated with FOM or cm but idc about HUD. And I agree time of day changer is completely pointless.

-No official HUD.

HUD - not needed, you sit in cockpit and I assume have all stuff turned off for full sim realism
T-CAm - not needed, not realistic to drive it

so if you want those features you can damn well swallow your auto pistop too. you can't have your cake and eat it jimmyboyskippylad