Jump to content Jump to content

After patch 1.11 problem with wheel settings on ps4

Hi. I just came back home. Downloaded the patch, installed it. All my settings were gone. A little inconvenience and easy enough to fix I thought. Turnes out Vibration and feedback settings are all gray (I can't change a single option) also there are only 4 (gray) options available: suspension, tyre slip, engine and collision. Everything else is gone (no soft lock, no option to calibrate the wheel etc). And once again those 4 settings that are there I can't change anyway!!!

Hello.

playing in dirt rallies ps4 with thrustmaster t300rs and yesterday 16/6/2016 with the update you have done I can no longer drive are gone all the force feedback controls ! I hope you can solve the problem that not only concerns me as even my friends have the same problem !!!!!

Same situation here with T300, i was setting linearity to -6 before and with new update 1.11 (strangely labeled 1.02 on my PS4) i cant put it lower than 0.
I was also using Soft Lock that is gone...
and vibrations were all to 150%, now all grey.
I feel like driving a Pontiac 6000 now, even slamed in the start gate on first race. tried after patch, WTF !
Simply unabled to turn with stock settings, and after 45 minutes of try, i get bad handling and barelly can finish races, normally i was 80%-85% top all time.

Muhaaaaaaaaa ! :(
Game is dead till next update... for T300 owners.
Thank you for all answers. Let's keep thos thread alive. Keep sharing and reposting until we get an answer from dev's. I think we've got to the point where enough is enough. Dirt is a great game. But neglect that thrustmaster owners are experiencing is unreal. Despite multiple complaints about weak ffb on t300 they did nothing so far. Said they are looking into it and did nothing in first patch since release. Oh sorry they advised us to switch it to ps3 mode and back to ps4. 
Now this problem. At least before the patch game was playable. Now it's completly broken for us. 
KEEP SHARING BUMPING UNTIL WE WILL GET WHAT WE PAID FOR!
Thank you for all answers. Let's keep thos thread alive. Keep sharing and reposting until we get an answer from dev's. I think we've got to the point where enough is enough. Dirt is a great game. But neglect that thrustmaster owners are experiencing is unreal. Despite multiple complaints about weak ffb on t300 they did nothing so far. Said they are looking into it and did nothing in first patch since release. Oh sorry they advised us to switch it to ps3 mode and back to ps4. 
Now this problem. At least before the patch game was playable. Now it's completly broken for us. 
KEEP SHARING BUMPING UNTIL WE WILL GET WHAT WE PAID FOR!
Cool down, ChristinaMC replied in other posts on the subject.
They actively work on it. :)

I know how you feel, but working under heavy pressure of spam terrorists is not the best solution. ;)
Let's simply explore other games till they fix it.

You might love the open minded games that allow UDP port to send data to you phone or tablet in another game i wont name here. ;)
and the fact that same not named game allow you to use hid-keyboard compatible button box or usb keyboards to be used for more inputs in game, like for changing view, adjusting seat, whipers, lights...

Big wink to CM devs here... hehehe
Future in game hw is also for consoles now, a game sponsored by gamers showed it !
Your's to follow the path gamers love, it's free !
Switching to PS3 mode and back again is actually advice from Thrustmasters, it's on their site.

Codemasters are looking for a fix, they can't give you a release date for a patch if they don't know what the problem is. Ironically, the fact that this patch actually made it worse could make finding the solution easier.

Bump and spam and you'll get banned for it.

From todays Roadbook.

"On the patch, we’re aware that those with Thrustmaster are experiencing some issues with settings and calibration. Thanks for your immediate feedback on this, and we’re looking into rectifying these issues ASAP. "

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/42327/dirt-rally-road-book-17-06-16#latest

Thanks for the news Skiddy. From what I can tell Codemasters know about thrustmaster issues since release. And they did nothing so far to let us know what is going on and when ffb will be fixed. A messege "we are aware of the issues and we are working to fix them" as a response to early after release complaints about weak ffb on thrustmaster hardware tells us absolutely nothing. 
Don't get me wrong...I do understand that they are probably busy. But something more....substatial then we know and we work on it" would be nice. Especially that they knew about ffb issue for what? Months now? Weeks?  And now they released a patch that wasn't even targeting that issue and it completly broke the game for us.

To make it even more interesting when I started digging on forums I found complaints (about exactly same issue that we are experiencing now) from about a year ago from people playing f1 game made by codemasters. 

The only good thing about this whole f up is that since now none of us can play...they might actually spend their resources on fixing this. They simply didn't bother (or if they bothered it was waaaay down on their priority list) since the game worked (weak ffb or not). 

If you were going through threads about weak ffb you should notice how long it actually took to get that: "we are aware and we are working" answer.
Which in my opinion means: shut up and eat your sht.
I know I'm overreacting....it's only a game afterall. But because of Dirt Rally I spent 275e on a hardware that is not working as intended since release of the game and Developer is here to blame.
If they prioritise motion blur and rain effects over bugged ffb for thrustmaster users....well something is wrong in my opinion
Same problem here with my T300...all settings are gone, I even can't remember my settings, but it doesn't matter what I do, I can't steer.

That's sh**. I wanted to play DiRT until F1 2016 will be released, so  I sold F1 2015 and Fifa 16 this week cause I thought I only would play DiRT.

No I can't play anything. Thank you Codemasters :dizzy:

And the answer, that they're working on it isn't enough for me. I wanna know WHEN the problem will be solved...
Read the post I made in this thread http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/42318/t300-thusmaster-ps4-16-06-2016-actualizacion#latest which is also about the T300 and PS4. Which I made before your post in this thread about bumping and spamming.
Read the post I made in this thread http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/42318/t300-thusmaster-ps4-16-06-2016-actualizacion#latest which is also about the T300 and PS4. Which I made before your post in this thread about bumping and spamming.
Obviously we have different views about how devs should be communicating with their customers... Don't get me wrong I love Dirt I played Codemasters rally games since Good old Collin series. And I am a big fan of their work.

All this does not change the fact that for over 2 months they were aware of thrustmaster issues and did nothing apart from singing oldest developer song under the sun titled: we are aware and we are working on it. Since first complaints (i mean initial ffb issues) they haven't made any substantial update. Apart from kind of telling us that it's not really a problem and to switch ps 4 to ps3 and back (trick that actually gamers came up with).
I'm guessing you are reading this forum so you know their responses to that issue.

Before 16 june thrustmaster community was complaining about weak ffb but the game was playable. So it is obvious to me that this issue was not on their priority list unlike  earlier mentioned rain effects, motion blur, new pikes peak update and obviously oculus rift update that got delayed (btw no real information why either).

There is also a very interesting fact that their previous game (f1 about a year ago) had exactly same issue as we have after patch. 

If they don't have ps4 im sure we can all give them few extra bucks and they can buy one ;)
Finally I can bet that this issue will be hotfixed within a week now that the game is unplayable. Obviously this issue will take priority on their list.

About us monsters raging on forums and stressing codies out. It's a gamimg industry. The only industry in the world that makes half assed products sells them at full price with no possibility to return the product if it doesn't work as intended. The only industry where the only thing customer can do is rage and cry on forum. As with every other game: if we could return bad product and get the money back devs would be more....polite, would communicate better.

I'm done discussing this with you since it will go nowhere. Obviously we have different opinions on this subject and we are both entitled to have them. 

Frankly I just don't like the way they are dealing with us. They could create a thread here and keep updating it every day. They could officially apologise in that thread whole ps4 / thrustmaster community. If people are satisfied with: "we are aware and we are working on it" this can only mean that those people were lucky enough to never encounter issues like that in the past. I did with a few games and believe me when I tell you Codemasters PR is a joke. As an example go to the poll thread about weak t300rs ffb(that was created about 2 months ago) and read dev's answers.

Anyway let's hope it will be over soon.
Goodnight

Easy answer. Let's all go and buy a Logitech wheel. The 50% of users there are fine. The 25% of us with Thrustmaster wheels are screwed just now.

I have not seen any response from Codemasters in over 24 hours now. Just roll back to the previous version please. We can live without the hill climb and AI in rallycross changes for now. How was this not tested using all commonly used wheels???

is anyone working over the weekend on this? Hope so!
RallyGMan said:
Easy answer. Let's all go and buy a Logitech wheel. The 50% of users there are fine. The 25% of us with Thrustmaster wheels are screwed just now.

I have not seen any response from Codemasters in over 24 hours now. Just roll back to the previous version please. We can live without the hill climb and AI in rallycross changes for now. How was this not tested using all commonly used wheels???

is anyone working over the weekend on this? Hope so!
I've managed to get my t300 and t500 working ok again after the patch :smile:
The patch appears to have locked the DOR at 360 which is a lot less than the default for the wheel, to remedy this you have to press and release at the same time (on the wheel) the "look right" button and the button next to the mode light - the mode light should then flash once, repeat this and it should flash twice. Now go to the advanced wheel settings in the game and check that steering sensitivity is 100. Steering linearity is 0. Steering dead zone is 0. Steering saturation is 100.  This should make the game driveable again for you? 
This works on my t300 and t500, don't know about the t150?  Let me know if it helps? 

Archived