Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 European Grand Prix

Lol @Platy you weren't the only one to make the mistake of taking something Benson wrote as fact :p https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/4osk05/andrew_benson_on_twitter_pirelli_say_hamilton_all/

It was painful reading some of those comments knowing that it was only 1 tyre being replaced.

*gets a flashback to when Benson was ridiculed repeatedly on the old forums, with memes and all*

Oooohhhhh, Benson. Crap.

Yawn...
I was fairly certain this was going to be a bore, and sadly, it seems to be the case.

I hope something happens soon in this race, I don't care what it is.

The GP2 races were great, but that was because those guys just go for it and don't think of the consequences. On a side note I cant wait to race this track as I love Street circuits :D

Toro Rosso? More like Toro Retired.

Hahahaha hahaha haha ha.

I thought that was very hilarious, you are very hilarious Matt.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

https://twitter.com/racinghumour/status/744541641332166656

OK, I'll say it. This is a serious contender for the worst race of the V6 era.
Quite frankly, a major embarrassment. Even more so after a cracker of a race over at the WEC.

He's German, he doesn't want to celebrate too early only for the British to come in destroying them...  :smirk:

Hughesy said:
He looked like he was drunk, probably the worst standard of driving in a session from him. 
yeah it looked like he was always misjudging the braking zones. I don't know how hilly the track is but it looked like that maybe he misjudged because of that. Hard to really say but that's what it looked like to me. Either way not a good session for him in a season that has been somewhat disappointing for him so far but there's a long way to go and Rosberg has slipped u in the past 2 races as well so it's still all to play for.
To be fair most drivers misjudged and had to use the run offs.

yeah I agree but I think given this is the first time they've driven the place in anger things like that are bound to happen as the drivers learn when and where they can get away with things.

Hughesy said:
The GP2 races were great, but that was because those guys just go for it and don't think of the consequences. On a side note I cant wait to race this track as I love Street circuits :D

Hughesy said:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

yeah the F1 race was a bit of a bore. It started of OK I think in the first few laps but it tailed off after that and almost became like a procession But I have to admit like you I'm looking forward to driving this track on F1 2016 it looks like the kind of circuit that suits my style of driving as I tend to do well on tracks with long straights that end with 90 degree type corners. With the exception of Monaco I tend to do quite well on the street circuits in CM's games

Why does it always seem like Rosberg is only acting happy when he wins? He never comes across as actually genuinely happy.
He's awkward as hell. I've never felt comfortable watching him human because he fails every time. With all due respect.

Mexicola said:
Why does it always seem like Rosberg is only acting happy when he wins? He never comes across as actually genuinely happy.
He's awkward as hell. I've never felt comfortable watching him human because he fails every time. With all due respect.
He's blatantly a lizard man under that human costume.

I kinda expected this. GP2 can make any track amazing, because the standard of driving is terrible on many occasions which leads to action. But when you strip away it's novelty and put some good drivers on it, Baku is really just a worse version of Singapore imo. There were quite a few overtakes but they were all just boring, because the main straight is so long. 

At least Ferrari got a good result from an awful weekend in performance terms. And Perez for me has undoubtedly overtaken Hulkenberg as a driver. If the rumours are true and he is being considered by Ferrari next season it would be a fine bit of business, especially considering he probably costs half the price of Raikkonen to employ. 

Not even going to talk about all the fresh talk regarding team radios. I agree it went too far today because it ruined the racing, but a year ago everyone was screaming for team radio bans, and now everyone I've seen on twitter wants it changed again, such is the fickle life of an F1 fan. 

Bottas set the highest ever top speed for an F1 car in a race weekend on Saturday at 234.9 MPH, although the previous record was set by De La Rosa at Monza during the V10 era on a shorter straight.

As for the race, that wasn't the greatest but not as bad as I was expecting. The radio rules need tweaking though.

Really one boring race. Was incredibly stupid to put that up against Le Mans which had a fantastic finish and a cat and mouse battle throughout. 

The circiut is intriguing at least. Not for a competitive F1 race though. The straight was too long to actually be able to defend. I had thought maybe two cars would be able to swap twice during it but with DRS that can't happen. It was cool to see them so fast but that's about it. 

As for the radio stuff. It's one of those typical F1 fan commentaries. It's the greatest rule if it effects your least favorite driver. Indifferent when it's not talked about. And the worst rule ever when it effects your favorite driver. 

Mexicola said:
The most human thing I've seen Rosberg do was when he tried to hit Hamilton in the face with his cap.