Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Game breaking bugs that are not fixed

First off, love this series, for some reason this series is the most fun I have out of any racing games I've played, simulation or arcade.  Because I enjoy it so much, it infuriates me that there are still game breaking bugs being ignored by Codemasters.  It seems like CM employees have buried their head in the sand and do not want to listen to anyone talking about game breaking bugs.  Gravel trap noise that doesn't' go away and is incredibly loud so you have to restart the race, but that doesn't fix the issue, you have to back out to the main menu and then restart the race.  Ridiculous penalties when racing the AI (and online of course).  Pit crew throwing on old tires instead of new ones.  Pit crew animation sticks which stops the car from entering the pit box properly and forces you into a 5-10 seconds stop instead of 3.  Stupid crap like that, being ignored year after year for some reason.  Do you just not know how to fix it?  I'd rather the truth come out then just ignoring it.  How is it possible that you fixed a bug in 2012, then re-introduced it in 2013.  Same bugs that have made it from 2011 all the way through 2013.  Will these same bugs be in 2014, or will someone finally put there foot down and say "we need to make a higher quality product, or we need to have a better QC/QA team.

I will gladly beta test for you if that helps.  Please spend more time with quality control on F1 2014!!!!  I can't say that enough.  You removed the old forums due to all of the negative publicity (there may have been other reasons, but some of it has to be that there was a large amount of negative talk because CM refuses to fix bugs and ignores the community when it comes to these very bugs)  Please wake up to this issue.  Prime example - I tweeted Steve Hood about the game breaking bugs, he said I was being overly dramatic.  Amazing.  I understand spending months f your time into a project and it basically being like a second/third child to you, but ignoring these issues will continue to keep this game in a lower tier and never let it see it's full potential.  No one is saying it's easy, I'm not, and I do not expect zero bugs, but ignoring them year after year, bugs that are in your face and aggravate you after you've ran 50 laps and the race is ruined, that's just being lazy on some fundamental level.  You waste time resolving bugs that really make no different to the person playing the game, yet you ignore game breaking bugs, year after year after year.  Please wake up and give us a higher quality product.

I cannot say that I have had all of the bugs that you say that you have had.

"Gravel trap noise that doesn't' go away and is incredibly loud so you have to restart the race, but that doesn't fix the issue, you have to back out to the main menu and then restart the race."
I have never had that happen to me in all of my years of playing Formula 1 games.

"Ridiculous penalties when racing the AI (and online of course)."
The penalty system seemed improved in F1 2013 to me, and while there are still the rare oddity where a completely bogus penalty is given, it's better than previous years IMO.

"Pit crew throwing on old tires instead of new ones."
Is this during the Career Mode throughout a race weekend? If so, you only have a limited amount of tires per race, and if you go crazy using tires during practice and qualifying, you'll have even less during the race.

"Pit crew animation sticks which stops the car from entering the pit box properly and forces you into a 5-10 seconds stop instead of 3."
I have never had the animation "stick" on my, but I have had 5-6 second stops after being held up from cars passing by on the Pit Lane.

If you are getting that many "game breaking" issues and bugs that no one else seem to have, it could be a console/system issue. Especially if you are on PC, your specs could be the cause of tons of issues. 

Sorry mate but I disagree

The sound bug i have never had

The tyres is a result of you using too many tires on the weekend

Pit crew delay because it's unsafe release, do you really want a 10 place grid penalty like riccardo?

yeah gravel sound is always happening to me, also to everyone i know from the leagues i race, also sometimes when u leave the Pits, your engine sound is covered by the Pit lane sounds even during the whole track, untill you pit again or restart

I'm trying to reproduce this gravel noise that you guys get sometimes. I've done 2 100% races today (Montreal and Silverstone) and am unable to reproduce them.

I haven’t experienced the gravel noise either, but I’ve certainly seen it on YouTube videos… seem to remember it happening to Justin @ BoxBoxBox in one of his vids fairly recently.

I guess it is normally these discussions that ends up making the forum going crazy and the developers start not to care, thinking "ahh - no matter what we do, some people don't stop complaining".

When F1 2014 or whatever next game is out, please let's try not to overreact, but instead give as much information to eachother as possible.
A note of full hardware and how it is used is a big thing to ask for, but maybe we'll be able to find a quick common piece of hardware conencted/included to those errors, which (maybe) could help programmers find a solution much faster.

Some people really experience these errors, others don't.
Those who don't maybe feel like it's rubbish and "defend" Codemasters, and it all ends up in swearing, blaming and trolling.
Let's behave otherwise in this new forum (please) :)

To get to the point - I still got a faulthy stereo sound when gaming (sometimes 2/3 more engine sound left side) except from when pitting, where sound suddently is normal.
I've given up hopes for any fix of this and other things for F1 2013, but maybe 2014 is the year where Codemasters knows when to stop adding more ideas and instead save some (more) work time for bug editing after the game has been released.

Codemasters, quit adding things until you get the basics right. 

Get the racing right.  Focus solely on that for F1 2014.   F1/2012 & 2013 are such a glitch soaked mess, and you know they are.

PLEASE just focus on a playable game.  PLEASE.

As this has been going on for years now, I'm sure it must be a difficult problem to solve.
However - this is one of the things you simply need to get fixed - maybe on cost of new adds to the game, maybe hiring help from outside, or use the time needed to get Steam working at it.. something must be done.

Q: What have been done so far to avoid this in future F1 games?
(Lost Connection to F1 game server)
Edit: you can also hear the gravel sound bug on this one :)
It kept scrrrrrshhhh-ing after pitting as well (maybe that was what you actually ment, @Torquez ?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wrT9GIVNQk

CHOKDK, the increase in bandwidth from 2010 to 2011 is the reason im pretty sure. 2011 and its still not fixed. I disagreed with that choice back then and still to this day I am proved right. unless codies introduce dedicated servers and remain using peer to peer for multiplayer im confident it wont get much better. next gen can sort a lot of things but bandwidth im not so sure about

Codemasters, quit adding things until you get the basics right. 

Get the racing right.  Focus solely on that for F1 2014.   F1/2012 & 2013 are such a glitch soaked mess, and you know they are.

PLEASE just focus on a playable game.  PLEASE.
I agree, the gameplay and racing must be the main focus! getting the racing as tight as 2010 and the gameplay. back to decent online settings!

Torquez said:

First off, love this series, for some reason this series is the most fun I have out of any racing games I've played, simulation or arcade.  Because I enjoy it so much, it infuriates me that there are still game breaking bugs being ignored by Codemasters.  It seems like CM employees have buried their head in the sand and do not want to listen to anyone talking about game breaking bugs.  Gravel trap noise that doesn't' go away and is incredibly loud so you have to restart the race, but that doesn't fix the issue, you have to back out to the main menu and then restart the race.  Ridiculous penalties when racing the AI (and online of course).  Pit crew throwing on old tires instead of new ones.  Pit crew animation sticks which stops the car from entering the pit box properly and forces you into a 5-10 seconds stop instead of 3.  Stupid crap like that, being ignored year after year for some reason.  Do you just not know how to fix it?  I'd rather the truth come out then just ignoring it.  How is it possible that you fixed a bug in 2012, then re-introduced it in 2013.  Same bugs that have made it from 2011 all the way through 2013.  Will these same bugs be in 2014, or will someone finally put there foot down and say "we need to make a higher quality product, or we need to have a better QC/QA team.

I will gladly beta test for you if that helps.  Please spend more time with quality control on F1 2014!!!!  I can't say that enough.  You removed the old forums due to all of the negative publicity (there may have been other reasons, but some of it has to be that there was a large amount of negative talk because CM refuses to fix bugs and ignores the community when it comes to these very bugs)  Please wake up to this issue.  Prime example - I tweeted Steve Hood about the game breaking bugs, he said I was being overly dramatic.  Amazing.  I understand spending months f your time into a project and it basically being like a second/third child to you, but ignoring these issues will continue to keep this game in a lower tier and never let it see it's full potential.  No one is saying it's easy, I'm not, and I do not expect zero bugs, but ignoring them year after year, bugs that are in your face and aggravate you after you've ran 50 laps and the race is ruined, that's just being lazy on some fundamental level.  You waste time resolving bugs that really make no different to the person playing the game, yet you ignore game breaking bugs, year after year after year.  Please wake up and give us a higher quality product.

its been this way since 2010 .... why would anyone expect anything different ??

J0shter,

Sound bug happens consistently on my PC.  Pit crew delay is not upon releasing me and a car is beside/behind me, it's an animation bug where the crew doesn't get to its position and the car is blocked from ENTERING the pit stall.  Also, the tire issue, not due to me using too many, I'm well aware of how many tires I have and what issues I have if I use too many, this was a race ruined by the wrong tires being put on repeatedly.  I ended up making 5 pit stops.

All this time and NO response by CM.  Absolutely amazing. 

I'm trying to reproduce this gravel noise that you guys get sometimes. I've done 2 100% races today (Montreal and Silverstone) and am unable to reproduce them.
this bug occurs when you are using the rewind button when you are in the graveltrap it is really annoying and has nothing to do with pc specs