Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why were the Beta particiapants only asked to test handling?

Forgive my ignorance, but why was the test only restricted to handling?  For example, Lee Mather has stated that this year's Safety car is totally new code, surely this and whatever new features appear in this year's game would need to be stress tested?  Will there be another test before release, or was this year's Beta test just an experiment for community tests in future Codemasters games?

Nothing has new code or rewritten bla bla bla ... it´s all bullshit so people will get excited.
We will never see that safety car, cars will vanish from the grid like they always do so they will not block anyone so no SC for you.

They are just hyping everybody like it´s a new game by adding everything that was already in the older games .... how people are eating this up I´ll never know

Rant over

As Jenny stated, this is a new thing to Codemasters so for them too it's a new thing. Both testers and CM will learn and see if this is something they need or is useful for the future. My gues is that there will be no more testing before release because of the time left until release. Maybe "The Eight" are involved behind the scenes but I believe the game is near completion.

Regarding SAEVARM3's comment; I don't mind this kind of opinion, but it has to based on facts. Comment again once you have played the game. When you're right, you're right. If not be a good sports and admit it.

SAEVARM3 said:
Nothing has new code or rewritten bla bla bla ... it´s all bullshit so people will get excited.
We will never see that safety car, cars will vanish from the grid like they always do so they will not block anyone so no SC for you.

They are just hyping everybody like it´s a new game by adding everything that was already in the older games .... how people are eating this up I´ll never know

Rant over
@JupiterJoe Your not ignorant. That's what you call ignorant

as one of the beta testers the handling was shown off because it is good, it does feel really nice this year.  Saying that, there have been years where I thought the game felt ok untill they released the first patch and then things changed (for the worse).

It was codies showing off what they have right and I am one of the people supposed to increase the hype by exclaiming this "Much handling, Very Feels!"

However, other beta`s for games I have been involved with included "the game", for me this game is about Multiplayer and I hope the work put into the handling has also been put into the online play or net code. 

p.s. did I mention the handling feels awesome

The beta was no more then a P.R exercise judging by some of the goons that got a code that could no more spell feedback then provide any! I personally just hope the contact system is much improved because it made league racing virtually impossible on 2015 if you so much as brushed wheels one of the cars would get launched into orbit! 

The beta was no more then a P.R exercise judging by some of the goons that got a code that could no more spell feedback then provide any! I personally just hope the contact system is much improved because it made league racing virtually impossible on 2015 if you so much as brushed wheels one of the cars would get launched into orbit! 
IF they were actually where they were shown to be ;)

absolutely imperatively needed, online racing is a mess most just purposely bump  into you to get an advantage or push you off track, most off the time they get away with no damage. any contact beyond 40km should result in damaging front wing or puncture at least.

as one of the beta testers the handling was shown off because it is good, it does feel really nice this year.  Saying that, there have been years where I thought the game felt ok untill they released the first patch and then things changed (for the worse).

It was codies showing off what they have right and I am one of the people supposed to increase the hype by exclaiming this "Much handling, Very Feels!"
Except of course we're not allowed to talk about the beta in any public forums, and there was nothing in the T&C's that said we were allowed to start talking about it just because CM are now showing a similar-but-different build of the game in public (nor has anyone from CM said we can, afaik.)

Except of course we're not allowed to talk about the beta in any public forums, and there was nothing in the T&C's that said we were allowed to start talking about it just because CM are now showing a similar-but-different build of the game in public (nor has anyone from CM said we can, afaik.)
The Beta is of little interest now.  It's widely known that the handling is really good, which is great news.  As it was for the last five years, I am more concerned with whether or not there's any manual control in the pitlane and/or at the start, if there's an improvement to the dynamic weather system, or damage model, tyre wear model etc.  I don't believe you Beta testers are able to give any insight on these matters anyway, regardless of embargos.  Codies are playing their cards very close to their chest.  I'm hoping the trailer will reveal something.

SAEVARM3 said:

Rant over
That was a weak sauce rant, surely you can do better? Rants should be at least 2 full paragraphs. 

SAEVARM3 said:

Rant over
That was a weak sauce rant, surely you can do better? Rants should be at least 2 full paragraphs. 
My friends say I rant alot, and that was all good until my teacher appeared behind me  :#

Maybe because (like F1 2015) the handling is one of the only parts of the game that actually works well.