Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally PS4 update - patch for Thrustmaster peripheral hardware. Found a bug? Post it here!

About weak ffb ; with new update its nearly perfect even monaco, rally cross and pikespeak. With 150 ffb setting its like a truck imposible to turn one finger i have driveclub project cars and f1 2015 this games ffb better then other games. I think Your problem is different maybe firemware
You have a T300 on PS4 ?

About weak ffb ; with new update its nearly perfect even monaco, rally cross and pikespeak. With 150 ffb setting its like a truck imposible to turn one finger i have driveclub project cars and f1 2015 this games ffb better then other games. I think Your problem is different maybe firemware
You have a T300 on PS4 ?
@Spacepadrille
have you tried setting yours up as I suggested to you elsewhere?

I'm just back home. I have made a re-install of the game, and frankly I cannot see difference between V1.00 and V1.03. I did one stage (monaco) with the Subaru on version 1.00, very weak FFB. After that I did the upgrade to 1.03, took the same stage with the same car, same settings and... same.
I remember with the 1.02 workaround, on this stage with this car, I could feel every asperity of the road, the difference between ice and snow and tarmac, very good mass transfers, there were a real great road feel. Now with 1.03, nothing comparable.

With all FFB sliders to max, ok there is a force, a resistance, but that's not road feel, and it's not realy informative about what the wheels are doing on the road. Braking feeling is inexistent, mass transfers are weak, road feel poor... The only way for me to have a consistent wheel is to set the dor at 360° (with the button on the wheel), but I don't like such a small DOR to drive, it's unrealistic. 

I will try to reinstall firmware on the wheel, to be sure, and after that, if it's still the same, I think I gonna stop playing this game and go back to Project Cars and Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo... pffff

@madwak : are you still running 1.02 with workaround ? Did you compared this with the other PS4 with 1.03 ? 
@Spacepadrille
I've got both running at the mo and they appear about the same. Did you notice the bit in the other post where I mentioned I did a completely new install of the the game onto an updated PS4 and before I did the update to the latest patch I got absoloutley No ffb not even a tremor with everything set at max. You said you've done a new install and you had some ffb so something is still not right with yours? Before you did the new install did you save your progress so far in the game? I'm wondering if there's something stored somewhere in the ps4 save file.
Thr next thing I would suggest doing is another new install but put your wheel into PS3 mode and leave it there, don't do the update before trying the game to see if you have ANY feedback 1st. If you don't get any ffb at all then things are looking good, then do the update and put all ffb to max and steering saturation to 100 and lock your wheel to 540 and see how it feels? Oh and check your ps4 is running on 3.55 software 1st.

stevefoz said:
I just tried plugging my th8a shifter in direct and still nothing 
Did you assign your th8a gears 1-7 and reverse in the controller options ? 
I have 2 th8a's and everytime I boot the game I have to assign one shifter as handbrake (or e-brake)
and and the each gear 1-7 and reverse to my H- gate and then they work. 
Could do with a save profile for this, there may be one after the patch but I've not checked yet. 
Good luck.
Thanks, I'm shifting again! Still trying to get good ffb feel though 

Yes i have ps4 and t300rs,  t3pa pro. I know what is weak ffb if you can look my old message on this forum. I dont know how i can solve this problem exacly here is my way. Go thrustmaster web site and download lastest driver. Plug t300 on pc and upgrade firmware it is not in the control panel settings it is FIRMWARE UPDATe its different. And than plug ps4 your whell. in calibration device  settings its stuck 96. Make it 100 "maybe" this is solution i am not sure. And 1080 degree then gas break clutch and apply. I was use thrustmaster ffb settings but after new patch i use all 100 in ffb setting i hope that solve your problem. 

Since the PS4 Thrustmaster update I have no access to my replays after a stage is complete.   My replay system is broke if I play with my T300RS wheel.  If I drive with a regular PS4 remote the replays work fine so it has something to do with t300 again.
Any one else have this issue?

And this is from codemasters road book v1.11 . Finally, we’ve also been investigating your concerns and comments about the weak FFB on certain Thrustmaster wheels. It’s still something we’re looking at, but the difference between the T300 and other Thrustmaster wheels is that the FFB is perfectly linear, with the intention of providing more realistic vehicle handling. In the first instance, we’ve been suggesting look at the settings that Thrustmaster have recommended – and some players have also found that reverting to PS3 mode, then re-enabling PS4 mode, will solve the issue.

madwak said:
Before you did the new install did you save your progress so far in the game? I'm wondering if there's something stored somewhere in the ps4 save file.
good tip ! I will try to save my progress on a USB storage and delete it from PS4. I already had this king of problem with Project Cars, it was affecting the FFB. After that new install (again...). All the other stuff you are talking about I've already tried, no success. Thanks for your support.

And this is from codemasters road book v1.11 . Finally, we’ve also been investigating your concerns and comments about the weak FFB on certain Thrustmaster wheels. It’s still something we’re looking at, but the difference between the T300 and other Thrustmaster wheels is that the FFB is perfectly linear, with the intention of providing more realistic vehicle handling. 
That is really BS*** ! I have tested several times the T300, and a lot of other people too, with a tool named FCM (force curve modifier) for tweaking the FFB on PCars, and I can assure you that the force response of the T300 is really not linear at all. We use huge scoop values (scoop knee and scoop reduction) in PCars to correct it and bring the T300 to much more linearity. 
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=223076&d=1449005991

Thats not my words its on the road book v1.11. The main thing  there is issue thrustmasters whell set some of works perfect some of not and no clear solition about that 

Just wanted to give my experience for info...
Ps4 with t300rs t3pa and th8a patch 1.03 1080 rotation and thrustmaster facebook settings

I have what I think is nice feedback (but have not tried another wheel on xbox or pc so cant compare) on finland greece and wales but terrible on monaco and germany (very weak). So I have been reading all the posts waiting for there to be a patch to address this, which patch 1.03 has not fixed.

But wanted to ask you guys this specific point - I went to a custom event on rallycross lydden hill since installing patch 1.03 and the feedback was really good, the best feeling I have experienced on this game, much better than normal rally stages...did anyone else notice this?

@Dalkiranognu : I know it's not your words, sorry if I wasn't clear ;-)  I wanted to thank you for your suggestions. Yes this Thrustmaster issue is weird...  

After installing 1.03 my wheels works like it was, too week on FFB, that's right, but the cars are steerable again ...
My NEW problem is, that I am not able to connect to Racenet ... and ...

The same problem with not being able to log into RACENET ist posted by jwboelhout ,Turbocharl and novcze .

Is
that a new or known problem or is RACENET really down ...
I was trying for several hours now ....
And ... btw ... I checked my connections and network ... My PS4 is connecting to the Playstation Store ... so ... internet connection is not the issue ...

HELP!!!!!!

Sb else experiencing that problem?

Hello i'm french,,sorry for my english. With ps4 and t300rs the ffb is too soft, please change that for a good experience 

Same probleme for me the FFB is too soft at 150% on ps4 t300

FFB too weak for T300 SOLVED !  B) 
I made a copy of my save Dirt progress on a USB storage. I deleted all dirt stuff on my PS4. Re-installed the game, and started a new career.  At this point the FFB was "GOOD".
I deleted the new dirt progress and put back my previous one from the usb storage to the PS4.
Restart Dirt and... It's working ! :smiley:
To be clear : FFB is GREAT on gravels/mud/snow, better than ever. On tarmac, it's really better than before, but not fantastic at all (that seems "normal" with this game).
I made the wheel calibration at default 1080°. I pushed quite hard the wheel at the end to have 100% and not 96%.
After that I play with soft lock on and wheel set to 1080°. It's feels really better like this than putting 540° on the wheel.

@madwak : thanks for your good tips, you are my hero ! :smiley:

TH8RS is still not working, i am on TH500RS and is connected to PS4 direct.

not working :-1:

Rami741 said:
TH8RS is still not working, i am on TH500RS and is connected to PS4 direct.

not working :-1:

I think I said this in a post a few pages back, I have two th8a shifters and use one for hand brake and the other for H-pattern shifting, both connected direct to USB on the Ps4 console and both work. 
You do have to configure then in the controller option everytime you boot the game. 
I am also using a T500. 

Hey after the last update so it seems calibration and control function!
but do not go and change settings on scarce features!
I have a Thrustmaster 150

DomGielas said:
So after this "new" patch, T300 is working, but the FFB is still very very weak. The only way to have some good feel is to set the wheel on 540° (2 blinks on the wheel), but it is fay away from realism.
So finally for Thrustmaster's users, this game is not a sim, just an arcade game. So sad. 
540 angle it's perfect, but it's 3 blinks not 2. And You have to set it every time you start the game (default it is 1080)

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00155.pdf

What does this do to the wheel? Does it make it sharper? Can someone explain pleaseee

Mitch1990 said:
DomGielas said:
So after this "new" patch, T300 is working, but the FFB is still very very weak. The only way to have some good feel is to set the wheel on 540° (2 blinks on the wheel), but it is fay away from realism.
So finally for Thrustmaster's users, this game is not a sim, just an arcade game. So sad. 
540 angle it's perfect, but it's 3 blinks not 2. And You have to set it every time you start the game (default it is 1080)

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00155.pdf

What does this do to the wheel? Does it make it sharper? Can someone explain pleaseee
900* or more 2.5 or more full turns lock to lock: Usually anything from average road cars to sports cars.

720* + or - (2.0 more or less turns lock to lock) Drift cars. Multiple classes of Rally cars (group N)

540* + or - (1.5 more or less turns lock to lock) GT1 and 3 spec race cars, and WRC Rally cars. 

360* + or - (1.0 more or less turns lock to lock) Formula 1 cars.

smaller angle , greater responsiveness

my t100 is not even recognisedo. it works perfectly in f1 2015 while it is not possible to select it among commands in dirt. any hint?