Jump to content
DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally Update - PS4 Patch for Thrustmaster peripheral hardware

Recommended Posts


Gabor1980 said:
My T300RS is too weak after this update, i want the first ps4 release back.

Did you tried to save your progression to an USB storage and restart the game from scratch ? It worked very well for me, I was having the same issues than you. After that, I deleted the new progression, put back my previous one, and all is now fine (except on tarmac where the FFB is strong but not accurate). Try this, calibrate normally your wheel (1080°, saturation 95 or 100, linearity 0, soft lock ON), and go !
Thank u for your help.
I Did what u sad, but is still not better. FFB is weak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-CM reported they put FFB back to the way it was before.
-Some users are still reporting weak FFB.
-Me, wow, FFB is not the same as it was before! Before I used TM suggestions and got decent results, if I use those now I get no FFB at all. Now I actually use the sliders as they are intended. The higher I move them, the more FFB I get. Got everything of importance up to 150% from Self Aligning Torque down to Collision and my wheel has great weight to it now, and I can feel everything, even the chatter in the front tires when turning on pavement in Germany. And if the cars weight changes one inch, I got it covered on the wheel. And now I am actually scared when I hit something hard and fast because I will feel it pretty strong in the wheel. Fun factor has gone up 300% for me, and I am more consistent and faster because the wheel is very responsive to the car and road. Nothing like holding the wheel loosely and the gravel road is pulling your wheel left or right and bumps vibrating through your hands. And my favorite is feeling the compression on a downhill turn that immediately goes right back uphill. Then as you hit the top of the hill, the wheel goes light just as it should. 
I wish everyone could feel this, shame some T300rs wheel users are still having issues. All I did was download the game digitally on day one, take the patches as they came. Didn't do anything else. I read here someone had success with deleting and reinstalling, another doing that and using older game save. But some that is not working. I been on that end of it before and it sucks! 
What is funny is CM says they put the FFB back the way it was, well not on my PS4. They fixed the "light" FFB for me and they didn't even know it. Plus now all my cars FFB is consistent, before one car would have none, the next plenty. And sometimes it would go in and out while in a single race. 
What I would like to know is why 150%, why not 100% sliders?  
Oh almost forgot, I use to run Soft Lock on for the first month of the game, turned that off and the wheel handled much better. The Soft Lock feature just didn't seem to work right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Best rally game i've played on the Sony PS 4, and Trustmaster whell T150. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabor1980 said :
Thank u for your help.
I Did what u sad, but is still not better. FFB is weak.
Do you use 60-70-80's cars ? Try 2000's or modern ones, the DOR is smaller and the FFB stronger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabor1980 said :
Thank u for your help.
I Did what u sad, but is still not better. FFB is weak.
Do you use 60-70-80's cars ? Try 2000's or modern ones, the DOR is smaller and the FFB stronger
Thanx again, i now what aim saying. its weak.
(I drove also real rally car.) 
I played a many championship with the first release with the best ffb settings. its was much better. 
Till this update its a shit.
iam an old rally sim player. I played years long richard burns rally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabor1980 said :
Thank u for your help.
I Did what u sad, but is still not better. FFB is weak.
Do you use 60-70-80's cars ? Try 2000's or modern ones, the DOR is smaller and the FFB stronger
@Spacepadrille The ffb feels much better for me if I turn the steering linearity up to +6 as it takes most of the remaining dead zone out of the steering and means you are feeling the ffb more often?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i have a digital release, does anyone now how can i roll back to the first release?
i read something here in this forum but doesn't worked for me. (auto update turn off, i downloaded the game again, but it was a newest release)
or how can i get my money back


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

madwak said:
@Spacepadrille The ffb feels much better for me if I turn the steering linearity up to +6 as it takes most of the remaining dead zone out of the steering and means you are feeling the ffb more often?
I'm not really convinced by steering linearity in DiRT... I use it in PCARS, but it feels better than in Dirt. I will try again, thanks. +6 ! ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i have no solution to a refund, and my game is unusable. I played a little today, but i am just more angrier. 

Dear Codemasters, u don't do anything, than just tell ass how can we roll back to the first release!
I have a digital release (psn buy)


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabor1980 said:
i have no solution to a refund, and my game is unusable. I played a little today, but i am just more angrier. 

Dear Codemasters, u don't do anything, than just tell ass how can we roll back to the first release!
I have a digital release (psn buy)


@Gabor1980  There is no point going back to the original release if your ps4 has upgraded to the 3.55 system software as I tried that and there is absoloutley NO ffb for some reason, and I don't know why you are moaning the game is unusable as mine is working brilliantly with T500 and adequately with the T300?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
i have no solution to a refund, and my game is unusable. I played a little today, but i am just more angrier. 

Dear Codemasters, u don't do anything, than just tell ass how can we roll back to the first release!
I have a digital release (psn buy)


@Gabor1980  There is no point going back to the original release if your ps4 has upgraded to the 3.55 system software as I tried that and there is absoloutley NO ffb for some reason, and I don't know why you are moaning the game is unusable as mine is working brilliantly with T500 and adequately with the T300?
Am i alone with this issue? 
With the original release was the ffb strength ok.
After the first update, was the game with my T300 unusable.
After the Thrustmaster update my steeringwheel working correct but its too weak. I can with one finger steering.
I have another games also, where is no problem. for example: i have project cars

If just i have this problem, what can i do?
My PS4 has a latest firmware, my steering wheel T300RS has also the latest firmware. Game is updated.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabor1980 said:
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
i have no solution to a refund, and my game is unusable. I played a little today, but i am just more angrier. 

Dear Codemasters, u don't do anything, than just tell ass how can we roll back to the first release!
I have a digital release (psn buy)


@Gabor1980  There is no point going back to the original release if your ps4 has upgraded to the 3.55 system software as I tried that and there is absoloutley NO ffb for some reason, and I don't know why you are moaning the game is unusable as mine is working brilliantly with T500 and adequately with the T300?
Am i alone with this issue? 
With the original release was the ffb strength ok.
After the first update, was the game with my T300 unusable.
After the Thrustmaster update my steeringwheel working correct but its too weak. I can with one finger steering.
I have another games also, where is no problem. for example: i have project cars

If just i have this problem, what can i do?
My PS4 has a latest firmware, my steering wheel T300RS has also the latest firmware. Game is updated.....
Try changing steering saturation to 100 and steering linearity to 8 then use mode and look right button to lock the wheel to 540 degrees (three flashes)then turn all the ffb settings to up to 150, if you can still steer it with one finger and not break your finger when the car crashes then there is definately something wrong with your setup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
i have no solution to a refund, and my game is unusable. I played a little today, but i am just more angrier. 

Dear Codemasters, u don't do anything, than just tell ass how can we roll back to the first release!
I have a digital release (psn buy)


@Gabor1980  There is no point going back to the original release if your ps4 has upgraded to the 3.55 system software as I tried that and there is absoloutley NO ffb for some reason, and I don't know why you are moaning the game is unusable as mine is working brilliantly with T500 and adequately with the T300?
Am i alone with this issue? 
With the original release was the ffb strength ok.
After the first update, was the game with my T300 unusable.
After the Thrustmaster update my steeringwheel working correct but its too weak. I can with one finger steering.
I have another games also, where is no problem. for example: i have project cars

If just i have this problem, what can i do?
My PS4 has a latest firmware, my steering wheel T300RS has also the latest firmware. Game is updated.....
Try changing steering saturation to 100 and steering linearity to 8 then use mode and look right button to lock the wheel to 540 degrees (three flashes)then turn all the ffb settings to up to 150, if you can still steer it with one finger and not break your finger when the car crashes then there is definately something wrong with your setup?
Steering saturation is on 100, linearity is very important to me is always on 0, all ffb are on 150, wheel friction was on 15-25, but is still set to 150. 
I try lock the wheel to 540, if something happens i let it know.

Thanx again


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabor1980 said:
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
i have no solution to a refund, and my game is unusable. I played a little today, but i am just more angrier. 

Dear Codemasters, u don't do anything, than just tell ass how can we roll back to the first release!
I have a digital release (psn buy)


@Gabor1980  There is no point going back to the original release if your ps4 has upgraded to the 3.55 system software as I tried that and there is absoloutley NO ffb for some reason, and I don't know why you are moaning the game is unusable as mine is working brilliantly with T500 and adequately with the T300?
Am i alone with this issue? 
With the original release was the ffb strength ok.
After the first update, was the game with my T300 unusable.
After the Thrustmaster update my steeringwheel working correct but its too weak. I can with one finger steering.
I have another games also, where is no problem. for example: i have project cars

If just i have this problem, what can i do?
My PS4 has a latest firmware, my steering wheel T300RS has also the latest firmware. Game is updated.....
Try changing steering saturation to 100 and steering linearity to 8 then use mode and look right button to lock the wheel to 540 degrees (three flashes)then turn all the ffb settings to up to 150, if you can still steer it with one finger and not break your finger when the car crashes then there is definately something wrong with your setup?
Steering saturation is on 100, linearity is very important to me is always on 0, all ffb are on 150, wheel friction was on 15-25, but is still set to 150. 
I try lock the wheel to 540, if something happens i let it know.

Thanx again


Turn linearity up to +8 and try it, it removes the play in the steering and you feel the ffb quicker and stronger. You can always turn it back down afterwards - this is the one thing that made the biggest difference for me with the ffb, I can now finish in the top tier of the dirt daily because I can feel when the traction is going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
i have no solution to a refund, and my game is unusable. I played a little today, but i am just more angrier. 

Dear Codemasters, u don't do anything, than just tell ass how can we roll back to the first release!
I have a digital release (psn buy)


@Gabor1980  There is no point going back to the original release if your ps4 has upgraded to the 3.55 system software as I tried that and there is absoloutley NO ffb for some reason, and I don't know why you are moaning the game is unusable as mine is working brilliantly with T500 and adequately with the T300?
Am i alone with this issue? 
With the original release was the ffb strength ok.
After the first update, was the game with my T300 unusable.
After the Thrustmaster update my steeringwheel working correct but its too weak. I can with one finger steering.
I have another games also, where is no problem. for example: i have project cars

If just i have this problem, what can i do?
My PS4 has a latest firmware, my steering wheel T300RS has also the latest firmware. Game is updated.....
Try changing steering saturation to 100 and steering linearity to 8 then use mode and look right button to lock the wheel to 540 degrees (three flashes)then turn all the ffb settings to up to 150, if you can still steer it with one finger and not break your finger when the car crashes then there is definately something wrong with your setup?
Steering saturation is on 100, linearity is very important to me is always on 0, all ffb are on 150, wheel friction was on 15-25, but is still set to 150. 
I try lock the wheel to 540, if something happens i let it know.

Thanx again


Turn linearity up to +8 and try it, it removes the play in the steering and you feel the ffb quicker and stronger. You can always turn it back down afterwards - this is the one thing that made the biggest difference for me with the ffb, I can now finish in the top tier of the dirt daily because I can feel when the traction is going?
ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabor1980 said:
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
madwak said:
Gabor1980 said:
i have no solution to a refund, and my game is unusable. I played a little today, but i am just more angrier. 

Dear Codemasters, u don't do anything, than just tell ass how can we roll back to the first release!
I have a digital release (psn buy)


@Gabor1980  There is no point going back to the original release if your ps4 has upgraded to the 3.55 system software as I tried that and there is absoloutley NO ffb for some reason, and I don't know why you are moaning the game is unusable as mine is working brilliantly with T500 and adequately with the T300?
Am i alone with this issue? 
With the original release was the ffb strength ok.
After the first update, was the game with my T300 unusable.
After the Thrustmaster update my steeringwheel working correct but its too weak. I can with one finger steering.
I have another games also, where is no problem. for example: i have project cars

If just i have this problem, what can i do?
My PS4 has a latest firmware, my steering wheel T300RS has also the latest firmware. Game is updated.....
Try changing steering saturation to 100 and steering linearity to 8 then use mode and look right button to lock the wheel to 540 degrees (three flashes)then turn all the ffb settings to up to 150, if you can still steer it with one finger and not break your finger when the car crashes then there is definately something wrong with your setup?
Steering saturation is on 100, linearity is very important to me is always on 0, all ffb are on 150, wheel friction was on 15-25, but is still set to 150. 
I try lock the wheel to 540, if something happens i let it know.

Thanx again


Turn linearity up to +8 and try it, it removes the play in the steering and you feel the ffb quicker and stronger. You can always turn it back down afterwards - this is the one thing that made the biggest difference for me with the ffb, I can now finish in the top tier of the dirt daily because I can feel when the traction is going?
ok
Locking the wheel to 540 gave me back some ffb force.
With this setup, and with linearity 0, i can play again.
Thank u for your help.

But i think, if codemasters want a good simulator to have, than he need working on ffb.
I waiting for the next update.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Please fix that damn game. I have bought my wheel and whole rig for it. How long we can wait for working patch? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MFMONK said:
Please fix that damn game. I have bought my wheel and whole rig for it. How long we can wait for working patch? 
The game IS fixed with the latest patch, if you want to get very good ffb even on Tarmac then turn the steering linearity setting up to +7 and try the game again. The ffb in my opinion now rivals Pcars, in fact I've only played Pcars for 5 minutes in the last month all my time is now spent on Dirt as the game is transformed with good ffb  :smiley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madwak said:
MFMONK said:
Please fix that damn game. I have bought my wheel and whole rig for it. How long we can wait for working patch? 
The game IS fixed with the latest patch, if you want to get very good ffb even on Tarmac then turn the steering linearity setting up to +7 and try the game again. The ffb in my opinion now rivals Pcars, in fact I've only played Pcars for 5 minutes in the last month all my time is now spent on Dirt as the game is transformed with good ffb  :smiley:
Friend of mine who play this game and have the same driving wheel - says something different. It feels much better on PC out of the box in his opinion. And for me - there is no comparison between ffb of Project Cars and Dirt Rally, I have both. Have you tried it on PC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madwak said:
MFMONK said:
Please fix that damn game. I have bought my wheel and whole rig for it. How long we can wait for working patch? 
The game IS fixed with the latest patch, if you want to get very good ffb even on Tarmac then turn the steering linearity setting up to +7 and try the game again. The ffb in my opinion now rivals Pcars, in fact I've only played Pcars for 5 minutes in the last month all my time is now spent on Dirt as the game is transformed with good ffb  :smiley:
You do realise that linearity does nothing to the force feedback? All it does is change the sensitivity of the wheel around the center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madwak said:
MFMONK said:
Please fix that damn game. I have bought my wheel and whole rig for it. How long we can wait for working patch? 
The game IS fixed with the latest patch, if you want to get very good ffb even on Tarmac then turn the steering linearity setting up to +7 and try the game again. The ffb in my opinion now rivals Pcars, in fact I've only played Pcars for 5 minutes in the last month all my time is now spent on Dirt as the game is transformed with good ffb  :smiley:
You do realise that linearity does nothing to the force feedback? All it does is change the sensitivity of the wheel around the center.
It might not for (have you ever tried it when using a wheel) but it does for me and others, it removes the dead zone when the steering is centred and makes the weight transfer on the car far more noticeable so therefore "improves the ffb"
On the ps4 there is no self centering force to speak of so removing the dead zone means that you are turning against some force all the time instead of turning then waiting for the ffb to catch up. 
With the linearity set on 0, when you drive down a straight road there is about 20 degrees turn each way on the wheel before the car starts to change line on my setup but when it's changed to +7 there is only about 5 degrees so go figure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, obviously I tried it with a wheel, and it's right there in the tooltip what linearity does. It changes sensitivity around the center of the wheel, and nothing else. Maybe you're just imagining things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If linearity improves the ffb on your wheel (like removes deadzone of the ffb or it makes it smaller) it's because your wheel has a physical deadzone on ffb when the wheel is in the center (that usually the case with geared ffb wheel like logitech).
If you have Thrustmaster wheel with belt-drive ffb there's no similar kind of deadzone of the ffb in the middle (or it's much smaller,/non-existent vs geared wheels).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×