DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally Update - PS4 Patch for Thrustmaster peripheral hardware

karik134 said:
If linearity improves the ffb on your wheel (like removes deadzone of the ffb or it makes it smaller) it's because your wheel has a physical deadzone on ffb when the wheel is in the center (that usually the case with geared ffb wheel like logitech).
If you have Thrustmaster wheel with belt-drive ffb there's no similar kind of deadzone of the ffb in the middle (or it's much smaller,/non-existent vs geared wheels).
I've got a Thrustmaster T500 and a T300 and they both do it so that's that theory out the window? Are you guys on PC cos I'm on ps4 and the ffb with the Thrustmaster wheels Dirt Rally and ps4 is a bit of a sore point :neutral:

madwak said:
karik134 said:
If linearity improves the ffb on your wheel (like removes deadzone of the ffb or it makes it smaller) it's because your wheel has a physical deadzone on ffb when the wheel is in the center (that usually the case with geared ffb wheel like logitech).
If you have Thrustmaster wheel with belt-drive ffb there's no similar kind of deadzone of the ffb in the middle (or it's much smaller,/non-existent vs geared wheels).
I've got a Thrustmaster T500 and a T300 and they both do it so that's that theory out the window? Are you guys on PC cos I'm on ps4 and the ffb with the Thrustmaster wheels Dirt Rally and ps4 is a bit of a sore point :neutral:
I'd like to say it again, the FFB in this game sucks on anything that isn't Logitech wheels apparently. Tarmac is completely screwed and PP is only recently any better. It's been this way since early access.
As to the linearity setting, it's possible that it also brings the FFB forces in more towards the center, I think that's how the older Dirt games function as well, but I don't use it because it irritates me and throws out any knowledge I have of how the car drives.

I have a T100 which was working with Dirt Rally before the VR 3.x update, and now nothing. Any idea why? I am not sure how to apply the patch referred to above so would be very grateful for instructions/link as my boys are keen to use the wheel with the game. I'm not seeing the wheel on the console at all any longer where before it was usable with support of PS and options on a dual shock