Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tips for the BMW E30?

I'm on professional in career, driving the BMW E30 after two straight promotions in the Renault Alpine.

I finished 5th in Greece and after two Finland stages I am 8th.

Has anyone got tips on how to get faster times in the BMW?

depends on the track/course.

try strongest differential setting. try short gearing and longest gearing.see which nets you faster times. the bmw you have to take by the scruff of the neck. really good car to drive with a amazing sound.

The default settings on the E30 are already quite good, the only thing I constantly do is throttle control, don't rev too high in the corners if its not needed, don't switch all the way down to 1st gear, try to make the corners in second (except for maybe hairpins, try to make the corners as straight as possible, what I mean by that is, try not to follow the road, but just the apexes, it tends to help a lot since you won't be breaking out with your rear wheels too much and be consistent. Once you get the hang of the stages and how to drive the RWD you will get better times and you'll be first in no time, but 8th place is not bad. But Finland is a fast paced environment, so you need to keep throttle up as much as you can and only break for corners you can't take full speed.