Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirtgame is up

Hi all, we're really sorry for this inconvenience - we know it was a massive pain, but unfortunately there wasn't the resource around to fix it until this morning. What's happened has definitely prompted a review of how we approach out-of-hours support though - so the silver lining is that off the back of this, we're hoping to be a lot more prepared in dealing with something similar in the future.

We'll also be re-running the PPIHC Special Event from this weekend too - with increased event rewards - as a second chance and as a sorry for what's gone on. More on that soon, but again - we're really sorry for what happened this weekend.
Thanks for the response @ChristinaMc: will the current weekly/monthly challenges be extended at all? 

tbtstt said:
Thanks for the response @ChristinaMc: will the current weekly/monthly challenges be extended at all? 
Wouldn't this create an issue with the events to come? 

Hi all, we're really sorry for this inconvenience - we know it was a massive pain, but unfortunately there wasn't the resource around to fix it until this morning. What's happened has definitely prompted a review of how we approach out-of-hours support though - so the silver lining is that off the back of this, we're hoping to be a lot more prepared in dealing with something similar in the future.

We'll also be re-running the PPIHC Special Event from this weekend too - with increased event rewards - as a second chance and as a sorry for what's gone on. More on that soon, but again - we're really sorry for what happened this weekend.
Hello ChristinaMc, 

Thanks for the awesome news and more importantly, kudos to you and the entire team for being completely upfront and honest about this entire situation! You could have easily just payed us a bunch of lip service, instead of the true situation! Your acknowledging the true nature of this situation, is most refreshing!

I must admit this blew my mind, you weren't able to work on this over the weekend, due to a lack of resources!!! I'm glad to know you will be reviewing the protocols you operate under and find a way to prevent this type of situation in the future. With any kind of luck, you're keeping things real, not sugar coated might set off a new precedent with other Dev Companies and how they deal with us, the fans and paying customers.

Again, you and the entire team at CodeMasters have my utmost gratitude and respect.

Best Regards,

Pepe.
A.K.A. Pierre.   :)

Thanks for the info @ChristinaMc - hopefully some weekend pager duty can be arranged.

Weekends are when most the participation in my leagues happens, and this weekend's outage was particularly painful. Our 100th anniversary PPIHC event was up less than 24 of the 72 hours it was scheduled for, and with our rally championship league I am now trying to work out with league members if I am going to have to cancel and recreate our season so we can extend or rerun the event that was impacted (since there is no way to edit a season in progress).

I end up putting in a lot of time organizing championships and league events, so an outage like this creates a lot of extra work and frustration for me. Having a system in place to avoid this sort of outage would be most appreciated.

Ok site is up again but league still not updated the score from the event that ended last friday in our league.
Any fix for this comming??
Same here. My 2nd event finished at 0200 GMT on Friday and the 3rd began at 0300 GMT, right before the outage. I have a feeling the outage was already affecting some things at that point. Now for the rest of the season I have to manually re-calculate standings when publishing on our website. Also, when playing in a different league a while ago, The winner of the event didn't get his 25 points. The 25 were awarded to 2nd place finisher, and then on down the list. So it appears to be something that happens with some frequency.

In our League manager on DiRTGame.com, we have the ability to penalize people. Why not add the option to award people, too? That way, league managers could update the standings in the event of incorrect/failing of updating the standings. Then we could also assign points for a power stage and stuff like that!

tbtstt said:
Wouldn't this create an issue with the events to come? 
Got online last night and I see there is already a new set of weekly challenges, so I have my answer there! Two days left for the monthly, so I need to try and finish that off tonight*.

(* or destroy the car before the end for the third month in a row)