Jump to content Jump to content

GRID 2 STUTTER FIX. REDUX.

I too had horrible stuttering problems with GRID 2 since purchasing it the day it was released.  For the longest time, it was so stuttery, it was unplayable.  I couldn't even keep the car on the road because of the lag.  And I have tried every workaround that I could find on the internet.  EVERY ONE.  To no avail.

So today, an AMD FX4100 Quad-Core @3.6gHz, 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM, & a GeForce GT630 4GB, became an 8-Core FX8350 @ 4gHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM and a  GeForce GTX660 3GB, and brought a slight improvement.  It became playable, but still way too laggy to be fun, and winning a race on anything but very-easy, was nearly impossible due to the lag.

All other games (Watchdogs, BF4, CoD Ghosts, etc.) are on ULTRA HIGH settings and run beautifully.  So, I decided to uninstall and re-install on one of my other drives, since the renaming of the "replay" text file didn't work (among many other attempts at workarounds).  

IT WORKS!  On ULTRA HIGH settings.  It's beautiful!  It's fun!  And...I won 4 out of 5 races on HARD.

Codemasters:  Fix your mistakes already.  Sheesh.  But, now that it works, I am sooooooo happy!