Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2015 Does Not Start

Usufruct

System: Z87 MB, i5 3670, 16GB 2133, GTX 770, Windows 10 Pro

Recently bought the game via the Steam summer sale and installed it. Launching it gives a spinning disc for a second and then nothing. I tried verifying the install via steam, rebooting, made sure my graphics driver was up to date (368.39). I tried launching it via the desktop shortcut, via the .exe in the Steam install file (as administrator as well). I tried re-installing the redistributable DirectX and Visual C that come with the download (/steamapps/common/F1 2015/_CommonRedist/DirectX and vcredist) to no avail. 

There are no peripherals connected to the PC (Other than a Corsair K65 keyboard and a Logitech G500 mouse), and every other game works, for example I just got done with a session of Doom.

Any help would be appreciated, I want to tear around the Red Bull Ring before Sunday. Thanks.

WiRE77 said:
I also just recently bought this game on steam and it will not launch. I have SteamOS (Linux). Is someone looking into this issue or should I just get my money back?
I just went ahead and got the refund, I will wait for another sale and try my luck with that. 

Archived