Jump to content Jump to content

xbox one steering wheel problems

IceCrasher41

Hello everyone :)
A few days ago I bought a Logitech G920 for my xbox one. I play a lot of Forza, F1 and other racing games. 
But I have a big problem with the steering at F1 2015. The AI (KI) and myself  are steering through most corners with and steering wheel angle of of 35° to 45°, but when I play with the Logitech I have to turn my wheel at an angle of 90° at almost every single corner.
I tryed many different options in the settings but nothing helped me so far.
It would be very nice, if someone could help me with this problem. I didnt found anything in the internet.
I have also made an comparison video about this:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3w55TJa8i0
PS: Sorry for ma bad english xD, but this isn't my main language :)

When you turn the G920 steering wheel does it go the full 900 degrees? If so, set Steering saturation to 66 for a short term fix.

It's a common bug that the 360 degree lock the steering wheel should have after the splash screen fails as soon as you interact with the Xbox dash. So unless you want to avoid interacting with the Xbox dash, just use the above short term fix.

I avoided to interact with the xbox menu. The steering wheel was locked to 180° in the Video.
But thats not my main problem with the 900° lock after interacting with the xbox menu. My main problem is that i have to turn the wheel in an 90° angle at almost every corner.

The steering wheel lock should be on the G920 wheel though. So basically, when you start the game, you should only be able to turn your G920 steering wheel 180 degrees (half a rotation) each way, as opposed to the 450 degrees (two and a half rotations) each way.

When you have the problem in the game test for this. Have your car at 0 KPH, and see how far you can turn your G920 wheel. If you can turn the G920 wheel for two and a half rotations left or right, then it's bugged.  

This is the only reason I can think off that accounts for the issue you are describing and the issue presented in the vehicle. This is because when wheel lock bugs, the G920 wheel and the F1 steering wheel in the game don't become synced because they are at different degrees of rotation. Hence you have to turn your wheel a lot more than you need to.

It's also worth noting that the wheel lock bug happens almost as soon as you enter the main menu, as the game asks you to confirm your Xbox profile and that's considered as interacting with the Xbox dash.

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree with all of this, but I have a G920 and aside from what I've mentioned here, I haven't had another steering issues.

Did you watch the Video? In the Video you can see how much more i have to turn the wheel in comparison witch the controller or the AI. The wheel is locked at 180°. I saw Videos from Youtubers who play the game witch a wheel too, and they don't have to turn the wheel as much as I have to do.

Archived