Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Welcome Back to the Forums!

Recommended Posts


Welcome back to the forums!

First of all, sorry for the downtime, it was longer than we expected (and wanted), but we’re back and we’re happy with where the forums are right now. Obviously, things are still in beta so feel free to share any feedback you have here.

So on to the F1 side of things. You may have noticed a few changes to the categories in that there’s no longer sub-forums dedicated to each of our F1 games. Instead, all F1 general discussion is housed under one forum, the F1 Games – General Discussion forum. We hope this will bring you guys closer and create a much more active location for F1 discussion. The same goes for Tech Assistance, Leagues and Setups. As with everything, we appreciate your feedback, so do let us know what you think about the change.

We know you guys love motorsport so we’ve created an entire forum dedicated to it. This is no longer attached to each game like last time, we hope this will allow for a much wider range of motrosport discussion to take place. I'm sure you're all eager to start talking about this year's F1 season so feel free to jump in and start the discussion (psst, no fighting about Vettel!).

As you've probably seen, there's a bunch of new features scattered around the forum so have a look around and let us know what you think. 

Now on to the big questions...

Q: Are you working on F1 2014?

A: Of course.

Q: Can you talk about it?

A: Not yet. ):

But don’t worry; when we can talk about it we’ll have all the info here on the forums.

In other news…

Our 2014 GP Predictor league is live and you’re all welcome to join. There’s a bunch of Codies staff participating so make sure to keep an eye out on who you’re up against (don’t worry about me, I’m doing dreadful).

The Codies League Championship is in full swing with 4 races to go until we crown the winner. If you haven’t already, check out the live Twitch streams every Wednesday for some of the best multiplayer racing around. We have a topic dedicated to the CLC here.

As with every year we're covering the latest F1 season on our social channels. You can catch us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ where we'll be discussing all things F1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy to see the forums back - it's looking good!

Hatta said:

Q: Are you working on F1 2014?

A: Of course.

Nice to get that confirmed as well ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FisiFan91 said:
Happy to see the forums back - it's looking good!

Hatta said:

Q: Are you working on F1 2014?

A: Of course.

Nice to get that confirmed as well ;)
Cheers Fisi!

Yes, we thought we'd get that one out of the way. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolutely lovely stuff, good to have forums back, I think general public will really use it again. And as for that F1 2014 game, similar thought with Fisi, at least it is coming, cannot wait to see what is made with all that extra power of the next-gen platform! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great to see the forums back up after being away so long guys, & good luck with '14 ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you, thank you, thank you for confirming F1 2014!!! I am so unbelievably pumped for it, and to play it using my racing rig and TX wheel with my Ferrari F1 rim. I had already purchased 2013 for the 360, but when I got my TX wheel, I bought it again for my PC just so I could use the new wheel with it. The old MS wheel and the TX are like night and day. Playing F1 with the TX is just something to behold. I just can't wait to see what it'll be like to drive with the new regulations and power units! Thanks again guys for confirming what we so desperately wanted to hear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F1 2014 will definitely be on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.  I'd say there's a chance it is also still on PS3 and Xbox 360, but I'm not really expecting that.  It would probably be wise to develop for Wii U as well, but not really expecting that either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good to be back... since there don't appear to be "every post" RSS feeds for each forum any more, is there any way to get an email every time there's a new post to a particular forum instead? It doesn't matter how pretty they are, a website just isn't the best place to read discussions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good to be back... since there don't appear to be "every post" RSS feeds for each forum any more, is there any way to get an email every time there's a new post to a particular forum instead? It doesn't matter how pretty they are, a website just isn't the best place to read discussions :)
It's in your profile settings.  Notifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good to be back... since there don't appear to be "every post" RSS feeds for each forum any more, is there any way to get an email every time there's a new post to a particular forum instead? It doesn't matter how pretty they are, a website just isn't the best place to read discussions :)
It's in your profile settings.  Notifications.
Right, but I only see notification settings for threads I've bookmarked (I can't seem to bookmark forums) or that I'm participating in, which isn't really what I'm after.

EDIT: Apart from which, the emails you do get don't seem to contain the text of the new posts, just a link to them, which makes them pretty useless anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hatta said:


Welcome back to the forums!

First of all, sorry for the downtime, it was longer than we expected (and wanted), but we’re back and we’re happy with where the forums are right now. Obviously, things are still in beta so feel free to share any feedback you have here.

So on to the F1 side of things. You may have noticed a few changes to the categories in that there’s no longer sub-forums dedicated to each of our F1 games. Instead, all F1 general discussion is housed under one forum, the F1 Games – General Discussion forum. We hope this will bring you guys closer and create a much more active location for F1 discussion. The same goes for Tech Assistance, Leagues and Setups. As with everything, we appreciate your feedback, so do let us know what you think about the change.

We know you guys love motorsport so we’ve created an entire forum dedicated to it. This is no longer attached to each game like last time, we hope this will allow for a much wider range of motrosport discussion to take place. I'm sure you're all eager to start talking about this year's F1 season so feel free to jump in and start the discussion (psst, no fighting about Vettel!).

As you've probably seen, there's a bunch of new features scattered around the forum so have a look around and let us know what you think. 

Now on to the big questions...

Q: Are you working on F1 2014?

A: Of course.

Q: Can you talk about it?

A: Not yet. ):

But don’t worry; when we can talk about it we’ll have all the info here on the forums.

In other news…

Our 2014 GP Predictor league is live and you’re all welcome to join. There’s a bunch of Codies staff participating so make sure to keep an eye out on who you’re up against (don’t worry about me, I’m doing dreadful).

The Codies League Championship is in full swing with 4 races to go until we crown the winner. If you haven’t already, check out the live Twitch streams every Wednesday for some of the best multiplayer racing around. We have a topic dedicated to the CLC here.

As with every year we're covering the latest F1 season on our social channels. You can catch us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ where we'll be discussing all things F1.

That's great. The new forum is clear, fresh and with plenty of new things. Just like the new F1 2014 cars this season and the new F1 2014 game (expect to release later this year). I'm renew my trust with the CODIE'S franchise. 
:)>-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yea h it's good to see the CM forums back I just hope the game gets back on form in 2014 as well but I won't hold my breath on that yet at least not without more details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Here's the real question everyone is asking ;)

Q: Are you working on TOCA 4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SynGamer said:
Here's the real question everyone is asking ;)

Q: Are you working on TOCA 4?
Pfft, that's a question for GRID!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Codemasters received the official F1 license in 2008 to do formula 1 game, we've seen the F1 series franchise reach/ported on many platforms:

Mobile: iOS (F1 2009, F1 2011, F1 challenge), Android (F1 challenge)

Handheld Game Console:  PSP (F1 2009), PS VITA (F1 2011), 3DS (F1 2011)

Video Game Home Console: Wii (F1 2009), Wii U (F1 Race Stars: Powered Up Edition), Xbox 360 (F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 Race Stars, F1 2013), PS3 (F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 Race Stars, F1 2013) 

Computer: PC (F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 Online the game 'alpha & beta version only' [cancelled], F1 2012, F1 Race Stars, F1 2013) and MAC OS X (F1 Online the game 'alpha & beta version only' [cancelled], F1 2012, F1 2013)

For this year I'm pretty sure (and very excited too to see the game rebuild from the ground) that Codi's will release the game 'F1 2014' on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

I hope to see the series go even further to reach other platform like the Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus by Sony (this one I think should be compatible since it will use the PS4 platform).

BUT my GREATEST hope for this year is to see (finally) the release of an F1 Manager 2014 (Specially for PC).

:D :)>- ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×