Jump to content Jump to content

One piece of advice....please!

Raylion

Well i have the honour of having some real , i mean real, good drivers in my friendlist, Furnace, Rastus, Goonertez, Assiemodis, Carimore,McRoss66 and especially CaptainJack, those guys set times which are for me, as a human beeing, way to fast.

But in some challengers i can use them as ghost, and iam sometimes surpriced of their *racelines* which i can use them to and makes me inmiddlately a bit faster, and then its yes training , training and ...more training. And yeah all asist of makes u real more faster, i only have a hard time with some cars driving them without TC on, somehow i cant correct my car fast enuf(XBOX controller) when i get hit by the AL and spin out.

The set ups i just play with them, i have not a real good insight of them if i do them correctly but somehow my time went fast like 4 sec`s faster, but as mentioned before, the AL seems to be the biggest problem, get rid as fast as possible of them and use them as buffer in the corners. 

053 said:

Well i have the honour of having some real , i mean real, good drivers in my friendlist, Furnace, Rastus, Goonertez, Assiemodis, Carimore,McRoss66 and especially CaptainJack, those guys set times which are for me, as a human beeing, way to fast.

But in some challengers i can use them as ghost, and iam sometimes surpriced of their *racelines* which i can use them to and makes me inmiddlately a bit faster, and then its yes training , training and ...more training. And yeah all asist of makes u real more faster, i only have a hard time with some cars driving them without TC on, somehow i cant correct my car fast enuf(XBOX controller) when i get hit by the AL and spin out.

The set ups i just play with them, i have not a real good insight of them if i do them correctly but somehow my time went fast like 4 sec`s faster, but as mentioned before, the AL seems to be the biggest problem, get rid as fast as possible of them and use them as buffer in the corners. 

Agreed 053.  I leave the inhumans above >-) to fight over the top-spots and just try not to come last on the racenet boards!  Their lines are often a useful way to learn, but only if you can keep their ghosts in sight long enough!  Frequently, their times are simply unreachable! ^:)^

For the OP, aside from practice, the smoothness factor and being able to minutely and accurately adjust, control and maintain turn-in whilst balancing power (likewise apex control and exit strategy) is undoubtably the difference.  A bad workman never blames his tools but I recall with Grid2 I was instantly 2-3 secs faster per lap when I dusted off and calibrated my ol' wheel compared to using gamepad.  I assume it would be the same (wheel over pad) for Autosport with ankles manipulating graduated analogue pedals rather than clumsy fingers, and hands on wheels rather than thumbs/chins on the uncalibrated analogue sticks.

Sadly, as many of us know, for a wide variety of resons and limitations we can't all use calibrated wheels/pedals.  Frankly, I'd love to see the some of my disabled and less-abled friends and I have the chance of in-game joystick/gamepad calibration to aid our enjoyment of Autosport and see how much better we can perform in races.  However, I know one guy who consistently blitzes wheel uses with a blur a gamepad fingers, so it's all good I suppose.  Role on Codies' BTCC 2016-17. :D

my advice is to ask a fast driver if they can slow down a tad and let you follow, to learn their lines. this helps alot of people i race with, both in games such as grid AND on real tracks and in go karts. you will be able to see where people brake, turn in, how much curb they take, when they start accelerating, and then you can use that info to start forming your own fast lines

Some great advice in this thread. My driving has improved since reading this.
Totally agree, thanks to the generous advice everyone has given I've managed 3 platinum's so far for this week.  I think it would have taken me much longer to improve were it not for this thread.  Big thanks to all!