Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 British Grand Prix

Time for the 2016 Formula 1 Tetley Tea British Grand Prix, around the Simply Sausages Silverstone circuit. The Mercedes AMG Tesco drivers of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg will do battle once again, with the Williams PG Tips Racing team hoping to beat them off the line once again. Max Verstappen will be hoping for another podium in his Red (white and blue) Bull, and the WH Smith Force India's will be hot on their heels at their true home race.

To the lucky sods who are going, have a good time. I've had to give it a miss this time around and it's painful to watch on TV  :/

Ericsson's crash was nasty. Hope there's nothing wrong with him.

I know I'm biased, but F1 stewards annoy the crap out of me, so inconsistent. Kmag clearly went off the track, yet his time wasn't deleted. 

https://twitter.com/bbcf1/status/751750338357649408?s=09

And again inconsistent, yes Lewis left the track so should be deleted, then why have so many times not been?  I'm all for zero tolerance, buy f ING be consistent 

Hughesy said:
I know I'm biased, but F1 stewards annoy the crap out of me, so inconsistent. Kmag clearly went off the track, yet his time wasn't deleted. 
I think his time was deleted, but he still end up having a time that was faster than Button's.

They should change it to red arse, as they are getting it big time :joy:

The track limits situation is really confusing. For your average F1 fan, it's so hard to follow, and even to me I can't get my head around why particular corners have the limits in place but others don't. They vary from track to track too, it's silly.

In my opinion, if you go all 4 wheels outside the white lines, at any part of the circuit, no matter if you gain or lose time, then your Qualifying time should be deleted, at any circuit on the calendar. Yes, it might be tough luck now and then and it could affect results, but at least everyone will know the rules and the drivers can only blame themselves for going off track. The only exception for times not being deleted would be if a driver has clearly lost a lot of time (i.e. more than 2 seconds or so).

It was so confusing with Magnussen earlier as it was shown he clearly went off track but had no times deleted, but when Hamilton did in Q3, he did have a time deleted. Silly really, I just think the white line rules should apply everywhere.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about track limits? It really doesn't bother me, and it bugs me when great moves like Grosjean around the outside of turn 5 in Hungary (2013) and great qualifying laps like Hamilton's yesterday were penalised just because they went a few centimetres off track. Look at Alonso and Vettel at Silverstone a few years ago - was that battle made worse by the fact they were both running wide everywhere? No, it was great. 

And in any case, if they really do want to police it so strictly they're going completley the wrong way about it. Instead of punishing every driver who runs wide there should just be a legitimate disadvantage for going wide - i.e instead of using astroturf to line all the kerbs, use grass instead.

Completely disagree with you, what's the point of having a track if they don't enforce the limits? Just tarmac 10 square miles and tell them to go have some fun.

As long as the limits are enforced equally then they need to be part of the sport. The reason they got rid of grass/gravel is because it's dangerous, so you can't have that and then not enforce the limits.

Best drivers in the world 

*Yet can't start or race in rain, pathetic, hate F1 sometimes 

What a disgrace.                                                            

I hate Charlie Whiting.

They didn't stop that MotoGP race until it was really, really wet.

This is a joke.                            

I love that camera just behind the drivers head, makes everything look so exciting. 

Max lost his head after getting angry about blue flags and waving his arms about, after that he's been slow. 

These rules are stupid, when there's a clear fault they should be able to tell the driver how to fix it. They go on about safety, yet they think it's fine to look at the wheel trying to fix an issue at 200mph.