Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.2. Found a bug? Post it here!

Question

Hello! 

If you come across any problems with the Version 1.2 update, or find a bug that might have just slipped through the cracks, let us know on this thread!

Thanks - and hope you all enjoy the update to the game. :) 

The DiRT Team

As already mentioned above the game sometimes (about every 5th stage) does not properly launch stage in VR mode. It starts the stage in theatre mode instead. This only happens in online games, never local. It kills my league results.

Specs:
i7 4790
16GB RAM
GTX1060 6GB
Windows10 x64
Oculus Rift
Dirt Rally Steam Version

Semi recently the DiRT 4 website seems to have a formatting issue. Not sure if I’m the only one that sees this. I use an iPad mini.   Unfortunately I can’t upload a screenshot.

Fanatec CSL wheel still no support and still having to use keyboard to navigate.
Please  please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please fix.

I have been playing dirt rally for 2yrs with no problems until now after the update all the game does is crash it goes to the splash screen then crashes and it shows a white box that says that the dirt rally executable has stopped working. HELP!!!!!!!

my pc: AMD FX 8350 4ghz/ 16gb DDR3/ asus ROG crosshair 5 formula z AM3+/ sound blaster z/asus radeon r9 380 strix oc 4gb/evga 750/2 1TB 7200rpm  HDD/windows 10 home 64bit

On linux with an amd gpu, game menu is fine, but when starting a race or benchmark on any graphics setting everything is black except the hud.

I haven't had this bug since the Early Access days, but it came back. I was on the last stage of the weekly event in Germany and when I got to the finish line, the race did not end. The only thing left to do was to retire and finish dead last in the event. I recorded the bug with AMD ReLive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM0_l9Z2m18

Game has a cpu problem. game cant run on more than 4 cores. 
It a problem if you have a processor with hyperthreading that has essentially 8 cores (4 virtual ones) Like Intel i7 6700k.
Fore some reason in win 10 game dosent configure itself correctly witch resaults in crashes at load or midgame.

To fix this u have to find your hardware_settings_config.xml file. 
My save file vas in my documents/my games/dirt rally/hardwaresettings/
Open this file with notepad and replace lines of code from <cpu> to <cpu> with this:

<cpu>
<restrict_if name="cores" op="int_eq" value="4">
<restrict_add>
<threadStrategy workerMapFile="system/workerMap4Core.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor="3" dvdStorageProcessor="3" dataSetMonitorProcessor="1" renderProcessor="0" updateProcessor="2" fileStreamProcessor="3" />
</restrict_add>
</restrict_if>
<threadStrategy workerMapFile="system/workerMap4Core.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor="3" dvdStorageProcessor="3" dataSetMonitorProcessor="1" renderProcessor="0" updateProcessor="2" fileStreamProcessor="3" />
</cpu>

Save the file and run the game. This will force the game to run only on 4 cores. 
Cheers =)

There is a fundamental steering linearity bug in Dirt Rally which seems to have gone unnoticed by everyone?

I've been playing Dirt Rally with the default steering linearity settings of 0 for the past two years.

I use a G25. Today I was experimenting and thought I'd try setting steering linearity to -10.  I had to then increase the sensitivity by reducing steering saturation as the steering range had then become too large... but once that was done the game has suddenly come alive! 

Codies seem to have made a mistake in the steering linearity section by setting default as 0 and most people will naturally assume that -10 is non linear yet (in my case at least) it is now perfectly linear. Please test it, provide some feedback and if it applies to everyone... spread the word

I now have far, far better precision, steering resolution, better FFB and the cars now handle exactly as they should. I can now easily catch slides, hold them and showboat if I choose to.
It feels almost like a real rally sim now and the T16 has gone from being a total animal that was very difficult to drive to being the best car in the game. Cant believe it!

Enjoy..