Sign in to follow this  

GRID AUTOSPORT REVIEW // Vote in your score!

Good game, has a lot of depth, but the AI's aggressiveness gets on my nerves. No Rear Mirror makes cockpit mode very difficult. 

I think that this game is really fun! I love the intensity of the race and the verity of the 5 disciplines. That is why I give GRID AUTOSPORT a 90.

80% because for me it doesnt quiet reach the amazing feeling and fun of GRID(1) and because its pretty much just a mod for Grid2. A good one tho, no question there as grid2 is kinda the worst racing game in history. But if you look it up on youtube you can see how tracks and car models are just copy pasted 1:1. Which is sort of okay since the game only cost me 20bucks. If i had paid more the rating would have been lower.

Also i just saw some vids from pcars.. codemasters really has to up their game when they are getting rid of last gen console compatibility.

For the time being Im only voting 70.  I think it merits higher, but I work a lot and I wanted a f'n time trial that I could play at my leisure and drink while doing it if I so wanted, which I do............they say its coming, but its not here, when it is I will rated it higher...........assuming the time trial works properly.

I just cant fathom how a company that has built an entire reputation on releasing stellar racing games could put out Grid 2 without a time trial and then after hearing all the crap we gave them about a racing game needing a time trial they still release this without a f'n time trial.  For God's sake I cant even understand why we should have to explain to them the importance of a time trial..............  I want my time trial........................sooner than later as @Loore said.

85 the game is super sexy ... more cars and tracks and maybe a few special things IDK... however only complaint for me is online replays , which i would pay for .

Would've rated the game higher but loses marks for no new Street tracks. Other than that I really like the improvements to the menu system, everything seems to load faster, the addition of practice and qualifying, engineer radio is a great touch, saves me looking at the screen and screwing my lap up, the simcade handling is very enjoyable. The AI is a big improvement over Grid 2, really appreciate the option to increase race lengths in career, using 3x at the moment, and it really helps knowing I don't have to crash and ram my way to the front before the race ends like Grid 2. Also like to mention the reduced impact of car on car collisions which makes the game so much better. All in all very happy with the game, well done to CM and all of us who gave good feedback back on the old forum =D> :-bd

Difficult to score this game. The core is pretty solid but everything around it lacks effort. Tracks are copy pasted from GRID2, the cockpit cam is literally just the cockpit cam mod (!) for GRID2, every race every discipline it's the same six teams, same twelve drivers, music and menus are basic, functional (which I wouldn't mind normally but here it just adds to the feeling that you're playing a GRID2 mod). But the core, as I said, is solid. Great driving, great AI except for the problem of it rear ending you as if it somehow didn't see you, which I'm honestly starting to think is a bug because the AI doesn't even try to brake. Autosport has got it where it counts, but nowhere else.

g0db0dy said:
85 the game is super sexy ... more cars and tracks and maybe a few special things IDK... however only complaint for me is online replays , which i would pay for .
wow.. this is why we cant have nice things. Btw if you own a nvidia card use shadowplay or at ati the equivalent which name i do not know. I know its not an all angle replay but it does the trick.

Dont use cockpit, replay cams , mirrors, time trial?- learn on the wing, I am absolutely loving the variety playlist and getting thrown into different motors disciplines and tracks.

Text chat might make me 100.
:D

95, iam verry simple costumer, i mean when i have great fun, which i have with Autosport, then its aleady oke for me, the 100 it get if they keep the game updated for a long time.

So far , great work CM

90% from me and this rating may rise further as I'm getting more and more into it.  I adore the AI in this game, it can be a bit rough and tumble at times but I don't feel I'm racing a computer half the time...I do think a little more fallibility could be introduced to the AI especially on Endurance racing as they seem to handle it better when the tires get really worn.

Online mode is growing on me big time...I think the repair costs need a serious review, it will become game breaking as people start getting their high performance cars to higher levels and realise that they can't drive them as they will be losing a lot of cash every race.

Score would be higher if there was a team owning aspect to the game similar to the original game...only hope a team DLC comes out as that would be brilliant.

95% ! As a Codemasters fan, I really love it, and find it maybe better than the first GRID. This excellent game should have been what GRID 2 was not (even tho GRID 2 was not that bad). Except for minor details, it is awesome!

Hope the DLCs will be coming soon, and that Codies will listen to the community to choose the different elements of the DLCs.

Great job Codemasters! :D

Recycled content; F1 copy/paste AI; performance could be improved; reverse track layout overuse so typical with codies; crashers paradise still online and some other issues; already aging engine with still many physics problems around; no dedicated servers; etc

-5 for selling alfa-build and bugs and  bad managing with grid-o-peso :D

-10 for no text chat

ps tbh i do not like online evolution how it is now, its better to be like grid1.

as for me its better to have some leaderboard ingame with total race/win/crashes/clean races/etc. and maybe just lvl. But not upgrading and all this sh***. Single player is enough for this i think. IMO.

Good cockpit views and working rear view mirrros would have made the game  110

Good :

Graphics, car handling, tracks, car selection.

Mediocre :

AI.Had some good battles but the tendency for the AI to bump you from the back and spin you off the track is annoying.

Poor :

User interface. Disappointed in helicam. Save game bug does not affect me but is unacceptable. Mirrors would allow a much better gaming experience.

overall I would say this game is a good, but not remarkable successor to the original Grid. I would buy again and I will almost certainly buy the dlc.

Notes : Offline play only, do not care about cockpit cam, on PS3.

I'll opt for an 85% rating primarily because;
  • Pack racing is back with softened handling models! :x
  • Awesome selection of circuits/tracks and vehicles. B-)
  • Wear and damage fits the gameplay very well. :D
  • Vastly improved UI for tuning tweaks between races.
  • The garage system and XP levelling works very well, with a fairer upgrade system.
  • Streamlined menus and navigation (compared to Grid2 especially.)  ^:)^
  • Solo career mode is actually engaging this time. :D
  • The visuals and audio are highly optimised for low-ultra PC system specs. :bz
  • Above all - it's a fun, varied racer with that "i'll just have one more go" factor! :)>-
Deductions are for;
  • No text chat (or even spectator mode) that makes waiting around in lobbies for the next race rather dull, and democratic custom cup changes impossible. :-w
  • Region-locked lobby creation - i've only met 4 Americans and 1 Canadian all week (I fully realise some friends see this as a positive, tsk =)) ) - that is promoting tumbleweed already sadly... :-q
  • No gamepad/joystick calibration options. [-O<
  • Disfunctional team radio feature (and absent from MP.)
  • No mirrors (or interiors for PC) and fixed 90' headlook views. :-B

Between 90-95 for me I'm having immense fun with it. Probably the most fun I've had with a racing game since F1 2010 I'd say

game performance is 100%, but the fact that a corrupt gamesave bug they KNOW ABOUT killed 30+ hours of gameplay knocks it down. when it works, its a top racing game. but it doesnt work, especially if you have to get to level 80 and restart time after time after time- note to CM, please try to find and fix these bugs before the game gets out to the masses, its killing your reputation and its turning off potential repeat customers