Sign in to follow this  

-Thrustmaster T300 Doubt

I bought a T300 and I put it in 150% of ffb in-game and 75% of ffb in the TM config and it seems to be not too much powerful, it is mega smooth but I thought the power would be much higher.
PS: I am not a muscle boy, I am a skinny 180cm 60kg, so imagine...
It is every game I play, not only in DiRT 

Quirkitized had problems with his Thrustmaster TX wheel. He had to edit the ffb files in the game folder and increase the values to 250% to feel stuff. Try that - unless you're on console, in which case I have no idea of what I'm talking about.

I am in PC, I will try that, I can feel everything perfect but I thought it will be much more powerful coming from a DFGT I thought it will get my hands off my arms LOL

I have T300 and playing on PC.

What are your settings on periodic/constant/spring/damper,/auto-center things on PC control panel?

I have master gain 65%, periodic,constant both 100%, spring and damper 0%, auto-center: "by the game"
In the game: self aligning torque 55%, tire and wheel friction both 0%, suspension 50%, tyre slip 60%, collision 100% (these don't affect ffb: soft lock 150%, steering center 100%).

edit: If you want to use in game wheel and tire friction then u have set those control panel: spring+damper to something else than 0%.

Maybe also put some auto-center(try 10-20% first) if you need it, game might not necessarily center the wheel that well without it. Also it should give more resistant when you're turning the wheel away from the center.

I drive all the with soft lock rotation so I have 1080degrees in control panel and in game soft lock-setting ON.
If the steering is extremely heavy or ffb is too high it can make the driving so much harder if you're driving with high rotation, u can't countersteer fast enough or u get tired only after couple stages (or u can even wreck your wrists/hands).

Try 2010s VW Polo (540 degrees with soft lock) in Finland, for me ffb feels strong enough in that cars (or Hillclimb in 405 with 720degrees rotation with soft lock and full gravel track). I can get wrist pain if I drive for 1-3hours with my ffb settings.
In older cars ffb can feel quite light, if  you try for example 1960s Renault Alpine (990degrees with soft lock).

U can/should save multiple ffb presets in the game if one setting doesn't work with all the cars.

Btw what version of driver your wheel has? I have the "Package 1.TTRS.2016, firmware 25, driver 2.8.53.0". You can see those in the control panel.

Also ffb is fine(at least it's strong enough) in Assetto Corsa with same control panel settings and in game overall strength is at 60% (all other in game ffb settings are on default)

edit: Grumpy also has TX base like Quirk and he hasn't complained ffb being too weak on PC (he has same firmware and drivers which Quirk also have and they are newer compared to what I have).
Also Quirkitized doesn't have any issues with ffb in other games like Assetto Corsa, iRacing,

edit: T300 should have twice the amount of torque when compared to DFGT/G27. But maybe because the ffb is delivered smoothly with the belt-drive it doesn't hit on your hands same way like the geared wheels(dfgt, g25, g27) do. I used G25 wheel before and imo this t300 is more nicer to my hands/wrists, they don't get wrecked so easily which is good if u want to play multiple hours without taking longer breaks.

karik134 said:
I have T300 and playing on PC

What are your settings on periodic/constant/spring/damper,/auto-center things on PC control panel?

I have master gain 65%, periodic,constant both 100%, spring and damper 0%, auto-center: "by the game"
In the game: self aligning torque 55%, tire and wheel friction both 0%, suspension 50%, tyre slip 60%, collision 100% (these don't affect ffb: soft lock 150%, steering center 100%).

I drive all the with soft lock rotation so I have 1080degrees in control panel and in game soft lock-setting ON.
If the steering is extremely heavy or ffb is too high it can make the driving so much harder if you're driving with high rotation, u can't countersteer fast enough or u get tired only after couple stages (or u can even wreck your wrists/hands).

Try 2010s VW Polo (540 degrees with soft lock) in Finland, for me ffb feels strong enough in that cars (or Hillclimb in 405 with 720degrees rotation with soft lock and full gravel track). I can get wrist pain if I drive for 1-3hours with my ffb settings.
In older cars ffb can feel quite light, if  you try for example 1960s Renault Alpine (990degrees with soft lock).

U can/should save multiple ffb presets in the game if one setting doesn't work with all the cars.

Btw what version of driver your wheel has? I have the "Package 1.TTRS.2016, firmware 25, driver 2.8.53.0". You can see those in the control panel.

Also ffb is fine(at least it's strong enough) in Assetto Corsa with same control panel settings and in game overall strenght is at 60% (all other in game ffb settings are on default)

edit: Grumpy also has TX base like Quirk and he hasn't complained ffb being too weak on PC (he has same firmware and drivers which Quirk also have and they are newer compared to what I have).
Thanks I'll try what you say

as with any wheel it will perform differently. i tried a whole fanatec package over last week and i still prefer my logitech DFGT. some might think its crazy but its not always better just cause it costs more. somethings just work.regardless of cost.

also the more you seem to spend on sim gear the slower you tend to get :D

I have a T300, pretty much everything at default (windows 10). No problems with weak FFB, strong enough to rip the wheel from my grip if I'm not careful.

dgeesi0 said:
as with any wheel it will perform differently. i tried a whole fanatec package over last week and i still prefer my logitech DFGT. some might think its crazy but its not always better just cause it costs more. somethings just work.regardless of cost.

I am gaining confidence in the T300 but I am far from my pace in the DFGT LOL, you are completly true!!!!

dgeesi0 said:

Got me a Thrustmaster TX to replace my Logitech DFGT yesterday, will indeed take some time until I'm back at my usual pace. It feels a lot better and more realistic, but I've definitely not become faster by this upgrade.

dgeesi0 said:

So, uhh, I can take that off your hands if you want.... y'know, just to be a friend....

JZStudios said:
dgeesi0 said:

So, uhh, I can take that off your hands if you want.... y'know, just to be a friend....
sorry its off back to Fanatec.must say they have been awesome though.best customer service i ever dealt with.even when i said i didnt like the set up they was like what do you want we can send it you. amazing people didnt want anything but honest feedback.which is rare in this day and age.even said they was thinking of making a new wheel set up for rally in the future.

so hope to deal with them when newer products come out. B)

dgeesi0 said:
JZStudios said:
dgeesi0 said:

sorry its off back to Fanatec.must say they have been awesome though.best customer service i ever dealt with.even when i said i didnt like the set up they was like what do you want we can send it you. amazing people didnt want anything but honest feedback.which is rare in this day and age.even said they was thinking of making a new wheel set up for rally in the future.

so hope to deal with them when newer products come out. B)
Aww. Bummer. What about it did you not like?

Well, after 2 weeks with my wheel I cant get fast in Dirt Rally as I used to in my DFGT, I tried multiple setups for the SW, but it is always too light it has no automatic centering but it is just in DiRT Rally I play pCars, AC, R3E, RBR everyone feels good but DiRT Rally is completely undrivable, I can turn the wheel with one finger while the FFB isnt transmitting the road or car phyisics , the FFB effects are transmitted well but it sucks the little amount of force i need to do when turning the wheel going into a corner

Well, after 2 weeks with my wheel I cant get fast in Dirt Rally as I used to in my DFGT, I tried multiple setups for the SW, but it is always too light it has no automatic centering but it is just in DiRT Rally I play pCars, AC, R3E, RBR everyone feels good but DiRT Rally is completely undrivable, I can turn the wheel with one finger while the FFB isnt transmitting the road or car phyisics , the FFB effects are transmitted well but it sucks the little amount of force i need to do when turning the wheel going into a corner
The CM guys  have said there's an issue with linear wheels, which is super dumb. I keep complaining about how poor the FFB is because that's how it's always felt on my wheel. It's super vague with no FFB and sometimes, not always, it'll suddenly snap. Especially on tarmac. It's okay on dirt since it's a more consistent rumble and the surface is loose enough it matches decently.

Have You selected the Wheel preset for thrustmaster t300 in the settings? When i was trying friends Dirt game he complaines about weak ffb too and i could feel that it was totally off too, but looking at the settings it Said the Logitech g27 preset was active and when we treid loading t300 preset, calibrated the Wheel again then it was just as powerful as on My on setup. So try to check that the wheel is trying to set the ffb for your thrustmaster wheel, and not g27 for example.

gheeD said:
Have You selected the Wheel preset for thrustmaster t300 in the settings? When i was trying friends Dirt game he complaines about weak ffb too and i could feel that it was totally off too, but looking at the settings it Said the Logitech g27 preset was active and when we treid loading t300 preset, calibrated the Wheel again then it was just as powerful as on My on setup. So try to check that the wheel is trying to set the ffb for your thrustmaster wheel, and not g27 for example.
I am pretty sure I selected T300 preset, I even calibrated 2 times but it is still impossible to drive ok, when I arrive to home and I'll check, thanks @gheeD

gheeD said:
It was Selected already, I have installed a FFB Mod and now it is even worse, I need only to try if FFB in my DiRT could be inversed, but I cant see anything different, I'll try a different pc also if my pc is where it fails

gheeD said:
Unless the preset changes the torque curve (and I don't think it does) that should just change the button bindings and maybe some deadzones. I have my wheel as the GT2 preset for sure, but it still has pretty bad FFB. And I've said it before, DiRT 2 and 3 both feel just fine in FFB, so  not sure why just DR feels so weird.

Well a friends of mine reported same thing wrong with his Dirt rally, after switching from g27 to t300 the ffb was really low and wierd. I was able to try it so i know how the ffb wheels, and it was definitely wrong. We were able to fix it by changing that preset, the friend had forgot about it and just calibrated the new wheel on top of old one in Dirt. Its simply My advice what worked for him.

Perhaps if nothing else  works try clean reinstall.