Jump to content Jump to content

Racenet Challenges Week 3 (platinum top 1% gameplay after the update)

Platinum on those 6 challenge. They aren't the fastest, but the proper lines are shown on those with the braking point & all... They're mostly done with the loaned cars.

Challenge 1  4:22.128( loaned car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdi_Sx86ZLM

Challenge 2  2:05.114(Bought no upgrade)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi4O_O5262U

Challenge 3 53.013(Bought no upgrade)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcVFC6_gmc

Challenge 4 1:52.170 (loaned)
http://youtu.be/nBNWnDHJsgA

Challenge 5 2:17.817 (loaned)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwmjJCsgReE

Challenge 6 10.731M~35206.7 feets (loaned)
http://youtu.be/uFM4mbrPhc8

Picture on picture to see the braking point from the 3rd person view.

Impressive performance! My results in the order of challanges are;

-- 04:27.420
--
02:09.654
--
00:54.348
--
01:54.091
--
02:23.469
-- no data from party

I used all loaned cars except the first challange, because I always play at Touring Car server and own all types of cars.

Ordinary laptop keyboard of Asus N53JQ is used all of the challanges. I have enough money to buy game on steam but still steering wheel is expensive thing for me :D
I used the GTI i owned for the street challenge, but went and bought the STI for the Party challenge and it wouldn't let me select it. Anyone have any idea as to why? I'm just a couple hundred feet from Platinum in the elimination, but still was 20th on the leaderboard last night. lol Definitally a hard challenge!

Great video`s and ofc the times and driving, and for me verry helpfull.

I learn alot, for example the first challenge why the .... i didnt think of driving along the grass lol.

The start(s) give me Always the hardest times, now it doesnt, thnx:P

053 said:

Great video`s and ofc the times and driving, and for me verry helpfull.

I learn alot, for example the first challenge why the .... i didnt think of driving along the grass lol.

The start(s) give me Always the hardest times, now it doesnt, thnx:P

Novices rarely use the whole width of the track. When I catch up fast, I tend to do that. In Spa you can do the same. The racing line is the same backward & forward. If you clip the rumble strip forward while exiting, in reverse you have to clip it while entering.

The Mini drive very well for the Hot Hatch Street challenge. The mini spec in my opinion is better than the other hatch for that track.

@MrDeap : Thanks for posting these videos. I improved my time (on Xbox 360) to 2:08.761 in this week's Spa reverse Endurance Time Attack by observing how you flew through Eau Rouge downhill.

After seeing how relaxed the AI drivers look in your videos, I can't help but wonder if we're playing the same game. ;) It's quite frustrating to go for competitive lap times when the AI drivers in my game seem to be on a holy mission to block & destroy me. Every race is a demolition derby...

...They'll make wild swerves off their lines just to park their rear bumper on my front bumper.

...They'll brake-check me on corner-entry, then take their sweet time accelerating again on corner-exit.

...They roll through every turn 2 or 3 cars wide, leaving no openings to even try to squeeze through.

...When I'm side-by-side with them, they'll swing over & put me in the wall or off the track.

...If by some miracle I start making a run on the inside or outside, they'll clip my rear quarter panel just as I'm about to complete the pass, putting me into a spin.

...They'll even tag-team me: one car in front dives to block me while another car behind clips my rear quarter panel to send me spinning.

...When they're behind me, they'll avoid braking for turns just to plow me from behind & either spin me out or put me into a wall.

...Even in a 3-lap Time Attack, I catch up to an AI car on the 2nd lap, who then proceeds to do everything in his power to hold me up, leaving just my 1st & last laps to actually set a clean time. (I think AI cars should be removed from Time Attacks.)

It can really take the fun out of attempting competitive times in the RaceNet challenges with such relentlessly unsportsmanlike AI drivers.

If players get the impression from AI drivers that this is how we're supposed to race, then it's no wonder public lobbies can get so crazy.

The early video are before the update, The re attempt are done after the update. They are definitely more aggressive.

If you give at least 1 car distance on the side they won't ram you too badly. The AI don't see you in the blind spot(1 car distance 45 degree in the back).

I updated all the challenge after the update & has better time.

The new AI is predicable. They tend to agro your car line when you're too close or behind. If you stand too close on the side, they will bash you on the side, but on most cases when you stay far, they don't bother you. During braking, the AI will focus on the corner take it at a medium speed. If you're line is bad & too slow you may end up being dived on.

@MrDeap
What wheel are you using? I'm still on gamepad and some of the times are impossible to reach. With the Caterham I managed a 53.4, but only with traction control on. Without, it is impossible to control that b*tch of a car with the limited sensibility of a pad. Unfortunately, GRID1 wrecked my last wheel. Flappy paddles didn't even 'click' anymore and had no resistance at all. :D
I'm using a XBOX 360 controller. The RX-7 is more difficult to drive in my opinion.  All the challenges are done after the update.
VxO said:
You didnt used ABS ? Can you break better without ABS?
I didn't tried the game with ABS except for the Formula B so far. The formula B is faster by using the stability control.