Sign in to follow this  

whats to stop the pirates/hackers

was just playing online (xbox) and there was a guy cutting every corner at Monza and doing lap times of 1.14 he did not get disquallified or penalised in any way and lapped every single person playing in a 25% race. so my question is this, whats to stop hackers or people using pirated games online? there is no vip code for online use so it got me wondering just how safe is F1 online?

That was a glitch, not a hack, it's happened to me.

VIP code was to make a profit from pre-owned games, nothing to do with pirating.

I’m sure they’re bothered, they took a number of steps on the Steam version in particular to detect and ban hackers and cheats (using Steam’s Valve Anti-Cheat System). I suspect such things aren’t quite as easy on consoles (at least not current-gen ones, or do we have to call them last-gen now?), but even if it was, at the end of the day it's a cat and mouse game and there will always be people whose main goal in life is to beat the system.

If you reported the player in question through the usual channels and told your Xbox to avoid them in future, then you’ve done your bit to help.

I’m sure they’re bothered, they took a number of steps on the Steam version in particular to detect and ban hackers and cheats (using Steam’s Valve Anti-Cheat System). I suspect such things aren’t quite as easy on consoles (at least not current-gen ones, or do we have to call them last-gen now?), but even if it was, at the end of the day it's a cat and mouse game and there will always be people whose main goal in life is to beat the system.

If you reported the player in question through the usual channels and told your Xbox to avoid them in future, then you’ve done your bit to help.
yeah I agree there's only so many things they can do that's why they put DRM and things like this in in the first place to discourage things like this otherwise they'll start hurting the genuine customers/players that bought the game through legitimate means and stay within the rules some of the DRM| stuff they put though they put in already do.