Jump to content Jump to content

What do you think about the amount of reverse layouts in career?

I'm happy either way tbh. As I've found some tracks are easier reversed than others. Brands Hatch for example I do better in the reverse layout than the forward one. The only reverse track I've probably struggled with is probably Spa especially the Eau rouge section but I enjoy it though.
I like them. It keeps me on my toes having to learn them in both directions. It gets old for me driving the same tracks over and over again in one direction. I prefer having more tracks in a game, be it different variations of the same tracks and reverse of all of those or just a massive track list to choose from. Having a huge selections of cars does nothing for me since most of them go unused.
I love the reverse route options - sure it bloats the track-count a bit, but it feels great giving the track a new look and feel by driving it the other way around, it also makes for some interesting variants, Spa Reverse feels like a whole new beat, some of the F1 'Tilke' tracks actually feel better in Reverse to me, and Tremblant is lovely, regardless of direction.
I think its a travesty to race Spa in Reverse. I hate trying to drive though Eau Rouge backwards and its even worse in the dark. The track is way more fun the correct way. 
It's fun on both way.

Platinum 2:05.114 for the racenet Challenge week 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi4O_O5262U

I will keep the thread platinum run racenet challenge runs updated with better run when I do.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/2535/racenet-challenges-week-3-platinum-videos-inside#latest

I'd go for a 1 in 4 being reverse of a track for flavour, but a lot of the time I'd prefer the normal layout as for instance Spa is awful in reverse. Eau Rouge in reverse is like suicide waiting to happen. If the physics engine truly reflected downforce and grip levels correctly it would be certain death!
Kaerar said:
I'd go for a 1 in 4 being reverse of a track for flavour, but a lot of the time I'd prefer the normal layout as for instance Spa is awful in reverse. Eau Rouge in reverse is like suicide waiting to happen. If the physics engine truly reflected downforce and grip levels correctly it would be certain death!

not necessarily Eau Rouge in reverse is kind of like taking the cvorkscrew corner on Laguna Seca yes it's scary but a good kind of scary I think. It's definitely harder in reverse I admit that but I wouldn't say it's certain death as the corner's certainly no more dangerous than Laguna Seca's corkscrew

Corkscrew isn't an issue, the corner isn't a 200MPH corner in reverse or forwards. Eau Rouge in reverse is. The physics would send you flying unless in an F1 car and then it would be spinning more often than not.

If a little realism is the aim, then reverse tracks shouldn't be in there at all (only for quick play/custom cups). Personally I think a 1:4 ratio in career is more fun.
Well according to the poll results so far, most votes, about 2 to 1, are of the opinion that there are too many in the game or don't want them in the game at all.
But then you can say that around 2 to 1 like having reverse layouts ;) If you take the poll results and the titles literally.
Haha, well you could say that too... but I think we can also say that more people want less reverse tracks :)