Jump to content Jump to content

racenet challenge changed with patch...

Yesterday full damage on racenet challenge was off.
Today damage is set on "full".
Is this a bug or intentional?
If its intentional then please explain why?
The ai is a real pain in the ass and with full damage i don't see many being able to get platinum or even gold on certain challenges.

And what about all of those fast times people set yesterday by barging through the pack? I hope they wipe all results posted before today's patch. Otherwise it's very unfair to those that haven't done them yet.
One of the challenges even got a scripted crash in the beginning blocking the road.
If you stop for it you'll have a very hard time getting platinum, let alone getting a top score on the leader boards, and if you dont, you will ruin your car...

intentional. ne number of ppl using AI as fullspeed brakes in corners and blatantly wallriding just got to w need for speed level of ridiculous.

Since there ill be new challlanges every week i guess you can suvive it even if the times dont get reset @bob422 ?

Also since you have unlimited tries all week long i guess you will find a way @Awong124.. anyone is presented with that obstacle so i'd say its just fair as it is.

Sure the AI can fuck up "pure" laptimes but its called challenge and not "best lap time event". Its supposed not to be easy.
Loggy said:
I think its intended as there were reports of people wall riding and using the AI as brakes, now if you drive like a loony you lose.
If I'm being timed on something, I don't want interferences. My goal is to cross that line as fast as I can, I'm gonna do it by any means possible (save for cheating, it's not that serious). The fact that there's 11 obstacles on the road making it harder for me to do that isn't exactly fair.
Sussepus said:
One of the challenges even got a scripted crash in the beginning blocking the road.
If you stop for it you'll have a very hard time getting platinum, let alone getting a top score on the leader boards, and if you dont, you will ruin your car...

I assume you are talking about the Party Mode one, I actually didn't hit anyone on that one and got extremely lucky and flew in between 3 exploding cars hitting the chicane. I had to retry about 50 times prior to that before finally making it through but the fact they have decided to make them all races with other cars, damage or no, luck will always play the biggest part when trying to overtake.