Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Development Race

So this just appeared. https://twitter.com/glenn_autosport/status/756554651307282432
Looks like the 10 year career will just keep rolling with the updates and shown visually

This is a massive step forward compared to the old tier system. This is how I've been hoping career mode would work ever since 2011. 2010 was the only one I remember which had cars performing differently race by race so I'm delighted to see this.

It certainly looks like a very good system. Just hope you can really push a lower tier side to get near the top. 

it is looking really good, but hopefully there is a seperate ranking for each car part and they should put the Red bull closer to Ferrari and the Force India to a similar level like Williams

it is looking really good, but hopefully there is a seperate ranking for each car part and they should put the Red bull closer to Ferrari and the Force India to a similar level like Williams
I'm guessing this will be the case. At the very least I imagine that your own car has its own individual ranking for each part, as this would be a guide on where to spend your XP points.

Awesome feature. What does the orange and the white line mean for that feature?
Season improvement maybe

probably that's generally how RPG's wor5k on measuring whether you're ready for a level up.

https://flic.kr/p/JpQvnT

Like here with my Lara Travelyan that I created for Dragon Age Inquisition

The 2 bars at the bottom counts 2 bars of XP The orange bar is your personal XP the green bar is for the Inquisition XP as for when you can unlock iInquisition perks I assume this is kind of like that in a sense.

My guess would be that each part is ranked individually. Take Mclaren and Williams. Mclaren's aero and chassis aren't too bad but their engine is weak whereas it's the opposite for Williams so you'd see greater gains focusing on the engine with Mclaren and the aero with Williams. That would be my guess anyway.

My guess would be that each part is ranked individually. Take Mclaren and Williams. Mclaren's aero and chassis aren't too bad but their engine is weak whereas it's the opposite for Williams so you'd see greater gains focusing on the engine with Mclaren and the aero with Williams. That would be my guess anyway.
yeah that would be how I would play it too. If I end up driving for McLaren at some point I'll likely upgrade the engine. I know I'm starting with Williams so will likely focus more on the chassis with them.

This is a massive step forward compared to the old tier system. This is how I've been hoping career mode would work ever since 2011. 2010 was the only one I remember which had cars performing differently race by race so I'm delighted to see this.
I remember doing a career mode in F1 2012, where Sauber was the best team in the game, and I was driving for Ferrari. This is what I was thinking of in my past memories.

I'm curious if these bars reset at the end of every season (in a random order because of the progress teams made of course)

The orange line means that you done know a step forward .So you must have done now an upgrade on a car. You can watch aarava's preview video on youtube !!! But what the white line means.I don't know

Seriously said:

The orange line means that you done know a step forward .So you must have done now an upgrade on a car. You can watch aarava's preview video on youtube !!! But what the white line means.I don't know
I think the white and faded orange line shows one upgrade and the faded orange one shows how close the upgrade is to being completed. There is also a line that can't be seen in that picture that shows how far away each upgrade is from finishing

kipkluif said:
I'm curious if these bars reset at the end of every season (in a random order because of the progress teams made of course)
I wouldn't say completely reset. But maybe have a small random change being higher or lower, which could mean losing two tenths to other teams and vice versa.

Seriously said:

Oh, yes, I've seen Aarava's video. The orange line means that the upgrade part is already installed and the white line means that it will have the expected performance by upgrade part.

I remember doing a career mode in F1 2012, where Sauber was the best team in the game, and I was driving for Ferrari. This is what I was thinking of in my past memories.

Yeah I remember being challenged by Caterham in career mode after I've left them in previous seasons Marussia too. It's interesting having to defend yourself from an unlikely source sometimes.

yeah it's got me excited as well seeing that.

also noticed there's a button saying goto Practice 2 have they finally added all 3 practice sessions back?  or was this back in 2015 as i never played that one due to the negative reviews and feature stripping.

TheCroc84 said:
also noticed there's a button saying goto Practice 2 have they finally added all 3 practice sessions back?  or was this back in 2015 as i never played that one due to the negative reviews and feature stripping.
They were all on 15 yes but there were not worth it as there was no real goal other than laptime 

TheCroc84 said:

yeah you can do all 3 practices in 2015 although I've got to admit with the way that game was programmed it wasn't really necessary. It will be however in 2016 given the way career mode works though I suspect. Because the game has a more you do the more you earn type of feature to it and the more you earn the easier it'll be to acqure the parts you need/want for your car to make it better.

TheCroc84 said:
It was in 2015, but with no R&D why should you play it?