Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Development Race

this development is like 2012 abu dhabi young drivers test, nothing new

Is it just me or are the tests you do in practice possible do in practice one and skip the rest 

there may be further tests in the other sessions we'll have to wait and see plus some tests might prove hard to do because it might start raining and such so you have to account for that  as well. I know I've had to pass on a few R&D tests on the old games before due to the weather it could happen here as well yet only time will tell.

We'll have to wait and see how our careers play out though I think before we  get too critical about it. After all it has been said the more you do the more you earn so we'll have to wait and see how that plays out. I'll certainly be doing a fair bit during the first few races of my career I suspect at least. At least until I figure out what I need to do in order to achieve what I want from my car and team anyway.

this development is like 2012 abu dhabi young drivers test, nothing new

take a look this 
http://up.picr.de/26284464jz.jpg
and compare with this, minute 14.15 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39131O6lhao
Is the same test
And finally, points to evolve the car? " I never seen this " "amazing idea" 

Are....you really judging the entire development system based off a clip that lasts a few seconds of one potential test?
You don't think there's many types of test? Or you can't tell there's loads to do off track as well? And you can't see the difference between a test teaching you the driving basics and a test that's seeing how effective the aero is? Do you also think we'll be running start/stop tests on the back straight?

Are....you really judging the entire development system based off a clip that lasts a few seconds of one potential test?
You don't think there's many types of test? Or you can't tell there's loads to do off track as well? And you can't see the difference between a test teaching you the driving basics and a test that's seeing how effective the aero is? Do you also think we'll be running start/stop tests on the back straight?
Is the same test or not?Yes, I was referring to that part not to all Tests
For me Development system is rubbish, points for updates?great innovation , Codies a little more imagination please
The question is Sauber can figth with mercedes if you earn a lot points?
It would be ridiculous
Is funny too many disagree with 0 answers

You implied the entire development was the same as the YDT...based off one test which happens to be similar. When there's a whole lot more to it...

Just....watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taej4diP_h4

Then come back and say it's the same as the YDT again. And then explain a better R&D system since this one is apparantly not to your standards.

Just....watch this:

Then come back and say it's the same as the YDT again. And then explain a better R&D system since this one is apparantly not to your standards.

What he said!!!

You implied the entire development was the same as the YDT...based off one test which happens to be similar. When there's a whole lot more to it...

Just....watch this:

i see all videos, that part of  R&D System is the same, "the perfect drive line" the rest of development system is typical, points for updates nothing new in race car games and i dont like it.
I like it other features, Formation lap, manual start and tyres choice
But With this development system you can figth with mercedes driving sauber?that's all that interests me
If answer is yes It would be embarrassing

Just....watch this:

Indeed especially as these sorts of tests that are supposed to be done by the real drivers.

You've missed the point completely, Zuha. And obviously haven't watched them all, or if you have, you haven't understood the content.

- The YDT was not in any way related to R&D.
- You're making a point of saying one tiny portion of the R&D happens to be a similar test to one YDT test even though it has a completely different goal and is part of a much larger system.
- Name me a racing game that has this "typical" system.
- That's the point of development and the career mode. It won't happen straight away, it'll take time for it to get to a stage where Sauber fight Mercedes if it does at all. The AI will be developing as well afterall...
- What would be the point in the development system if it was just the same teams in the same positions all of the time? There wouldn't be a point.

Just....watch this:

Indeed especially as these sorts of tests that are supposed to be done by the real drivers.
Yes, real drivers are doing "perfect drive line tests" Jesus Christ....

....Track acclimitisation is something that is done by real drivers. If you had watched the video you'd know that's what it is.

Also, you still haven't backed any of your points up yet.

....Track acclimitisation is something that is done by real drivers. If you had watched the video you'd know that's what it is.

Also, you still haven't backed any of your points up yet.
Indeed these cars aren't developed on guess work they're developed by the drivers by carrying out tasks like this during the practice sessions of each GP as well as back at their factories in their simulators. Personally I like what CM have done here and am looking forward to taking on these challenges myself and using them to try to develop the car to the levels I need to win.

For me Development system is rubbish, points for updates?great innovation , Codies a little more imagination please
It would be ridiculous

You are so fucking stupid with the 'it would be ridiculous'. You have no knowledge of F1 and have only been watching it for a couple years or you are just plain stupid. Look at Red Bull they were not a great team for a few years, and then they were the best for 4 years. So fuck off!

It would be ridiculous

You are so **** stupid with the 'it would be ridiculous'. You have no knowledge of F1 and have only been watching it for a couple years or you are just plain stupid. Look at Red Bull they were not a great team for a few years, and then they were the best for 4 years. So **** off!
So is normal see Sauber fighting with mercedes for championship? 
Sauber is red bull fucking retard? Newey is in Sauber ?How much money have red bull and how much Sauber?  you dont now anything about f1.
So is good to see Sauber fighting with championship after 2-3 season? 
As i say before ridiculous.

Guess you know you were talking rubbish before since you've still failed to provide anything and instead choosen to ignore it. :) Hardly surprising though.

No, it wouldn't be normal. But, news flash; this is a game. Real life is irrelevant. And no one but you has said they'll be winning after 3 seasons. Maybe they'll be further behind, maybe they'll be 5th best team or whatever, it wholly depends on how that particular career mode is going. It changes up the career mode and makes it much more interesting. What's ridiculous would be a career mode where nothing changes, where you develop the car but it's still exactly the same. When there's ten seasons and Mercedes are a second ahead, every single year. When it's exactly the same as playing the Championship mode but with your own name instead. That is what would be ridiculous. There would be no point to it at all.

Besides, Sauber were championship contenders in 2008. And what's that famous quote from a certain famous F1 commentator? "Anything can happen in Formula One. And it usually does."

Guess you know you were talking rubbish before since you've still failed to provide anything and instead choosen to ignore it. :) Hardly surprising though.

No, it wouldn't be normal. But, news flash; this is a game. Real life is irrelevant. And no one but you has said they'll be winning after 3 seasons. Maybe they'll be further behind, maybe they'll be 5th best team or whatever, it wholly depends on how that particular career mode is going. It changes up the career mode and makes it much more interesting. What's ridiculous would be a career mode where nothing changes, where you develop the car but it's still exactly the same. When there's ten seasons and Mercedes are a second ahead, every single year. When it's exactly the same as playing the Championship mode but with your own name instead. That is what would be ridiculous. There would be no point to it at all.

Besides, Sauber were championship contenders in 2008. And what's that famous quote from a certain famous F1 commentator? "Anything can happen in Formula One. And it usually does."
And what's that famous quote from a certain famous F1 commentator? "Anything can happen in Formula One. And it usually does."

Hahahaha holy shit nice reason 

And again, you completely miss the point. And you still fail to provide anything to back up your points or argument.

Christ, I'll get more intelligence and common sense talking to a wall than with you.

It would be ridiculous

You are so **** stupid with the 'it would be ridiculous'. You have no knowledge of F1 and have only been watching it for a couple years or you are just plain stupid. Look at Red Bull they were not a great team for a few years, and then they were the best for 4 years. So **** off!
So is normal see Sauber fighting with mercedes for championship? 
Sauber is red bull **** retard? Newey is in Sauber ?How much money have red bull and how much Sauber?  you dont now anything about f1.
So is good to see Sauber fighting with championship after 2-3 season? 
As i say before ridiculous.
The fact is that a team that is not good can get good in real life. Sauber has got money now that they have been bought out. I think the chance of them ever being at the top is extremely low. But it wouldn't be unrealistic in an F1 game getting close to the top in 6 seasons. Look at Brawn bought a team, found a loop hole and one the championship straight away, any team could possibly do this through finding a loop hole. Did I say Red Bull is Sauber, no so go and kys.

And what's that famous quote from a certain famous F1 commentator? "Anything can happen in Formula One. And it usually does."

Hahahaha holy **** nice reason 
It's a good idea to actually watch F1 for a long time in order to understand how the order can change. Usually it's through regulation changes or in season developments as Codemasters have implemented. If you can't get that through your head, there's not much that will. (If any)

@ZuhaitzMurillo
It's a GAME. Even in real life, with the right development, you can build a championship winning a car after a few seasons. There are many teams that have done so. Why can't you understand this?

You have been massively shit on by everyone else, just fuck off please. You don't understand F1, but you seem to think you do.