F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Year of our Lord; 2016. A crowd will gather for a Grand Prix in Hungary.

Why did I miss that moment? Why did Rosberg even had that thing?

AMS97KRR said:
Imagine if we removed the Mercedes right now - the table would be 

1.  Ricciardo - 115
2. Raikkonen - 114
3. Vettel - 110
4. Vestappen - 100

And constructors 

1. Ferrari - 224
2. Red Bull - 223

In two cars that are almost equal to one another as well, I've never been so upset that Mercedes exist. Honestly, I'd kill to make this a reality, we haven't had a proper title fight between two different cars for almost 4 years. :/ 

Maybe we should start a petition.

Given there aer a few new regulations coming in for next year lets see what happens then. I think we can write this season off as being a Mercedes one already but nexct year with a few rule changes maybe things will be different.

I thought this was a parody account, but it's not. Bonkers, he gets done for not respecting the blue flags, yet thinks Lewis was wrong for giving him the middle finger whilst going past? Respect goes both ways Esteban. 

https://twitter.com/EstebanGtz/status/757239852094160896?s=09

I think Gutierrez should keep his mouth shut. But he's Mexican, so I'll let it slide.

I know it's probably old news but I'm still pissed that Nico was not penalised for speeding under double yellows during Q3.

The rule should be black and white; if you do not slow down sufficiently under double yellows, you're getting smacked. End of story. Rosberg barely lifted, and got away scot-free. Not slowing down under double yellows is what caused Bianchi's accident (Yes, Bianchi screwed up. That's a fact, you may stop your internal dialogue. "but mexi the rain and the water and the tractor amd he had no chanc"-shut up. You're wrong. Kay? Kay.) and people still think that this kind of thing is acceptable even after Suzuka 2014.

Legitimately, genuinely and sincerely furious with this, actually. Rosberg should have had his time disallowed, a grid penalty, and penalty points on his license. Letting him get away with this sends completely the wrong message to other drivers, allowing them to think that this kind of thing is okay. It's not, and it shouldn't be.

"Thank you for making that statement, Lewis". Do me a favour, Nico.

Mexicola said:
I know it's probably old news but I'm still pissed that Nico was not penalised for speeding under double yellows during Q3.

The rule should be black and white; if you do not slow down sufficiently under double yellows, you're getting smacked. End of story. Rosberg barely lifted, and got away scot-free. Not slowing down under double yellows is what caused Bianchi's accident (Yes, Bianchi screwed up. That's a fact, you may stop your internal dialogue. "but mexi the rain and the water and the tractor amd he had no chanc"-shut up. You're wrong. Kay? Kay.) and people still think that this kind of thing is acceptable even after Suzuka 2014.

Legitimately, genuinely and sincerely furious with this, actually. Rosberg should have had his time disallowed, a grid penalty, and penalty points on his license. Letting him get away with this sends completely the wrong message to other drivers, allowing them to think that this kind of thing is okay. It's not, and it shouldn't be.

"Thank you for making that statement, Lewis". Do me a favour, Nico.
The only thing that bothers me is that this has only become an issue now. Hulkenberg and Magnussen did exactly the same thing two races ago and no-one batted an eyelid. It's dissapointing to see people claim the high ground and consistently reference safety and the Bianchi incident only now because it is Rosberg who could've been penalised in this situation. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but that seems to have been the general reaction by a lot of "fans". That aside though, I agree. 

Ultimately I don't blame Rosberg, a precedent has been set for what you're allowed to get away with and Rosberg did what he was allowed to do. I blame the FIA for setting that precedent. He claimed he lost 20kph from his lift and that's actually a lot bigger loss than we've seen on previous occasions in the past, so you can't penalise him if you haven't penalised others for similar offences. But going forward it now needs to be policed differently. 

VetteIfan said:
The only thing that bothers me is that this has only become an issue now. Hulkenberg and Magnussen did exactly the same thing two races ago and no-one batted an eyelid. It's dissapointing to see people claim the high ground and consistently reference safety and the Bianchi incident only now because it is Rosberg who could've been penalised in this situation. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but that seems to have been the general reaction by a lot of "fans". That aside though, I agree. 

Ultimately I don't blame Rosberg, a precedent has been set for what you're allowed to get away with and Rosberg did what he was allowed to do. I blame the FIA for setting that precedent. He claimed he lost 20kph from his lift and that's actually a lot bigger loss than we've seen on previous occasions in the past, so you can't penalise him if you haven't penalised others for similar offences. But going forward it now needs to be policed differently. 
To be honest with you I had forgotten about Hulkenberg and Magnussen, which indicates to me that not enough fuss is being made about this in my opinion.

I definitely apportion some of the blame to Rosberg. No matter how vague the rules are, he's behind the wheel and should exercise some common sense.

Mexicola said:
VetteIfan said:

To be honest with you I had forgotten about Hulkenberg and Magnussen, which indicates to me that not enough fuss is being made about this in my opinion.

I definitely apportion some of the blame to Rosberg. No matter how vague the rules are, he's behind the wheel and should exercise some common sense.
The thing is though, F1 drivers take any advantage they can get, they lift as little as they have too - always. I don't blame him personally, the FIA needs to make better rules. Lets be honest here, he didn't have time to sit there and weigh up the moral decisions he was facing, it was a split second decision, he wanted pole, it was a good lap so he went for it. Any driver in his situation would have done the same.

This should be the catalyst to a rule change IMO, and hopefully the FIA get on it quickly. 

You'd think they would've learnt by the tragedy that happened whilst going too fast in a yellow zone. 

They live by the mantra of it won't happen to them. Completely different mindset to us normal folk. They need to have strict rules in place and still they'll push the rules to the limits.

I totally understand that, I meant the FIA. They have now set a precedent, which in the future could cause deaths, they would then have blood on their hands.