Sign in to follow this  

delete the view blocking bar of the honda

hi to all in this week racenet challenge on the endurance section 

you have to race 3 laps on spa reversed

the cars are the nismo gtr 35 and the honda hsv-010

i chose the honda and on the interior cam it has a bar who 

don't let you see the track well

here it is 

If that is actually on the car then it should be on the virtual car IMO.

lol i don't know about the real car + i didn't even knew that car existed 

i don't know i had found it very unconfortable to race, switched to the nismo

Im sure it sucks.  I use the far away cam.  3rd person if you will. 
used that one to finish (silver meh) but i didn't liked it and forget about the third person one never liked them and i have them locked to win a little bit more of money

I like that view, but its a bit low now and I hat the antennae, but thats what I got.
it just feels weird not seeing the steering wheel + the antennae of the lola is the worse of all

It is indeed on the actual car.

Pretty...odd design choice, for lack of a better word. Can't pin in on Codies, though. It seems accurate.

It is indeed on the actual car.

Pretty...odd design choice, for lack of a better word. Can't pin in on Codies, though. It seems accurate.
I feel bad for the driver of that car then LOL

they are pro drivers, they know how to work around limited visibility, a little bar blocking a small portion of their line of sight is the least of their concerns. especially if that bar is part of a structure designed to save their lives in a crash. annoying for average joe, yeah, but its what the real car has, so ill roll with it. i prefer the handling on the nissan anyways!

alexPSCE said:
they are pro drivers, they know how to work around limited visibility, a little bar blocking a small portion of their line of sight is the least of their concerns. especially if that bar is part of a structure designed to save their lives in a crash. annoying for average joe, yeah, but its what the real car has, so ill roll with it. i prefer the handling on the nissan anyways!
i feel the nissan a lot more light than this one + because that bar i rolled out of track a couple of times lol and i had the luck to know the track well because it's my favorite track 

Notice how the seat is central though. Looks like the seat in GAS is offset...

I love that car. Bought it for one of the races in the league I am due to take part in. The bar is a bit off putting at times but if it's in the real thing then it's good to have it in the game :)

Kaerar said:
Notice how the seat is central though. Looks like the seat in GAS is offset...
central?

nope

I hate Japaneese language but there is onboard video of that car;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfQFg3Cn-eI

"I HATE JAPNESE LAMGUAGE"!!!brilliant!your right,why dont all the foreigns speak proper english?like what we does!!!

The bar is correct. The view on GAS just shows it way larger than what you would actually see. I tried to counteract it by moving to the zoomed in cockpit view. Made it a lot easier to drive.

Good call, from the first image it looked like the driver was centrally located (like the McLaren F1).

alexPSCE said:
they are pro drivers, they know how to work around limited visibility
It’s not even that — in real life your eyes focus beyond things that are on your windscreen, and you can move your head by tiny amounts when you have to. Otherwise you’d freak out every time you used your windscreen wipers.

Unfortunately, you can’t do that on a flat screen TV.

I remember one of the other designers emailing the art team about this because we refused to believe that the real car would have that bar there. Half a morning of incredulous onboard watching later, we were forced to accept it!

Great car though. We just...tend to play that one from bonnet cam!

I'm not sure it should block the view actually. It's hard to find pictures from the real car, but I found this: http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=672&d=1326824641

And it doesn't look like it blocks the view from here.

Oscar97 said:
I'm not sure it should block the view actually. It's hard to find pictures from the real car, but I found this: http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=672&d=1326824641

And it doesn't look like it blocks the view from here.
oh boy it has a cheese grater! :D + related to the bar i would feel a little bit unconfortable racing that car, but at least i can eat pasta inside of it, great thing for endurance races!

Britpoint said:
I remember one of the other designers emailing the art team about this because we refused to believe that the real car would have that bar there. Half a morning of incredulous onboard watching later, we were forced to accept it!

Great car though. We just...tend to play that one from bonnet cam!

i too stick to bonnet cam on many of the vehicles, but props for keeping some of the key elements, such as the annoying bar that blocks our vision. its the realism that keeps me playing grid and grid autosport